South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 352/See sig/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Just got through Phase 1!

Honestly, I think I did great the first week. I haven't weighed myself since I've been to the doctor's a little over a week ago. I would've bought a scale over the weekend, but Lord knows it's hard to find an affordable scale that can measure up to 350 pounds. Anyway, the second week turned out to be a bit harder for me because school started again and I haven't had time to eat anything but dinner. Unfortunately, because of that, I've been cheating a bit this week . Overall, though, I think I'm doing okay. Meh, enough of me rambling.

Anyone else just start Phase 2? How are you holding up?
nonentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I've been doing the Beach thing for awhile, but there are plenty of chicks around here who are recent Phase 1 graduates.

You really need to eat throughout the day to keep your body working properly. Try to take some time in the evening to pack some healthy snacks for while you're out. It can be as simple as a hard-boiled egg or a handful of nuts or an apple with a little tupperware of natural peanut butter for dipping. Make sure you're getting your veggies in, too. Pepper strips, baby carrots, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, and snap peas all pack well.

Glad to have you on board!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Just started Phase II a week ago. I added oatmeal last week but need to add a fruit this week. Still kind of skittish though. I'm completely full at mealtime so I guess I need to add it as a snack. I did lose two pounds last week on Phase II, so I guess I shouldn't have worried.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Hi. Today's my first day in Phase 2 also. Although all I did was add some carrots today. I need to go shopping.

I think I've been holding up pretty good. Not sure about how the people who live with me feel about that comment. I did make it through without running into Dunkin Donuts and demanding all their muffins.

I'm pretty sure my digital scale goes above 300. I got it at Walmart and it was around 30 bucks.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/ticker/150

Height: 5' 3"

I started phase 2 last week. So far so good but I need to start adding some fruit. I overdid it with multi grain bread one day and it seemed like I was more hungry after that.
mitzie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #6  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Congrats on making it through phase 1!!!

I just started phase 2...2 days ago! Although all I've added so far was one slice of ww/multi-grain bread each day...and a hand full of blueberries today. Kinda scared to go any faster than that! Anyone have any advice on how slow is too slow or how fast is too fast to add new items to the menu or is it just an individual thing!?
mandyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Mandy, the general recommendation is to add one serving of either a grain or fruit per day for the week. Keep your addition the same for the week. So, if you add in a slice of whole wheat toast on your first day of Phase 2, then have an open faced sandwich on whole wheat bread on the second day and on the third day have a small helping (1/2 cupish) of whole wheat pasta, etc. Adding things back in slowly will help you see what triggers cravings for you so that you can eliminate those things from your diet or tinker with them. I found out that I cannot eat Triscuits or I will want to eat the whole box. I can't eat whole wheat pasta alone, but if I drown it in (soy) meat sauce then I'm fine - something about the protein helps keep the cravings down. I have no problem at all with fruit, but some chicks have found they can't eat fruit in the morning or in the evening because it triggers cravings. It's all very individual, hence the slow addition so you can find your own balance.

Hope that helps!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote