Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default A letter to me

I have decided to share my letter to myself with you. It is quite personal to me, but I hope that I can help to motivate any of you who are struggling. Feel free to write your own letter to yourself on this thread as well.

Dear Katie,

Since you decided to lose weight 2 years ago, you have been on quite a ride. There have been ups, and there have been downs. There have been times where you were perfect for months, and lost a substantial amount of weight. Your self esteem has soared during this time, and from that you discovered that you are worth a lot more than a number on a scale. You have experienced a gret deal of personal growth due to this change in your perspective. Now the time has come to take the weight off for good. Now that you have learned to love yourself, you will respect your body with proper care and feeding. It is okay to spend more money on your groceries than the rest of the family. It is okay to prepare your meals seperately and enjoy them to the fullest. It is okay to reward your efforts with new clothes, jewelry, makeup, shoes, etc. You are well worth the investment. It is okay to exercise in anyway that you see fit. There is no reason to feel guilty about not working really hard. Your body is not made that way. Move your body everyday for a little while, and be proud of yourself for doing so. By summer you will be wearing new, smaller sizes. You will be able to order the clothes that you have been longing for in much smaller sizes. That is wonderful and exciting. Don't forget however, to live now as if you were in that size. Wear the kinds of clothes that you love, make yourself feel thin and beautiful. Continue with your daily routine. It is working very well for you right now, and will aid you in keeping your nutrition and exercise in check. Stay positive, allow only postive thoughts on your body size to linger in your thoughts.

You can do this, you are in fact, doing it right now!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

That is really great. Thanks for sharing!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #3  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Very nice letter Katie...maybe I'll just change the spelling and use it for a letter to me
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #4  
Amy

Love it!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

thanks for sharing Katie!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #6  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Katie - that is a wonderful letter. I'm really tired right now and I'm going to get to bed. My letter would be something like this:

Dear Joni,
Go look at the pictures from your December cruise and think twice before you eat and/or drink that! Enough said!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #7  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for sharing. Your positive vibes are inspiring! Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 228.8/228.8/140

Katie,
Thanks for sharing your letter. It is very inspirational
PolarBear2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Wow Katie.
The only thing I would add for myself is that it is OK to take care of yourself. We spend so much time and energy taking care of others (it is no mistake that most of our members are women in care giving fields) that we undervalue taking care of ourselves.
I do not discuss my weight loss with others. I was telling a friend who had commented on my weight loss that the real accomplishment I had made was a two year long journey in learning to do more for myself. I take time for myself now. The road to weight loss was begun on the self realization that I needed to give myself some of the respect I give away so readily.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #10  
Katie

Tuesday- You are so right. This is all about taking care of ourselves, isn't it?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #11  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the inspiring words.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

OMG! I am totally bawling at my desk right now. Katie that is fantastic and so inspiring!

Here’s a quickie from me –

Dear Jill –

This week I saw a glimpse of your sparkle that everyone has missed so much. Keep it up. You are doing great and the benefits of your new lifestyle are just beginning. It only gets better from here.

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 01-31-2008 at 05:52 PM.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

My letter would be:

Dear Terri-

It is okay to put yourself as a priority! If you don't take care and value yourself, no one will...until it's obvious you are falling apart. So celebrate the you, every day.. Get dressed in your everyday clothes with a little something to sparkle about! Keep going..you are almost there. 10lbs to go! Do something that makes you feel good about you! You can do it! YOur clothes fit great! Your energy level is like no other. This is a great time in your life! Use it wisely! ENJOY LIFE! ENJOY YOUR LIFE...you are blessed!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #14  
Katie

Wow, thanks for sharing. You guys rock!