Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Take Off Rebellion

I want to try Take-Off but the center won't let me until I'm under 300. Why is that?

Should I do it anyway? I kind of want too use it to detox after an overnight trip I'm taking tomorrow.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

Jill,
There are medical reasons that contraindicate take off or fast forward for some people. Apparently, you are one of those people. Your Center has your well being in mind and they, of course, are also covering themselves.

I am not eligible to do take off or fast forward and I never have been and never will be able to do either one. I did not let that stop me and I have reached my goals.

If they are telling you that it is not medically safe for you to do it, I would follow their advice.

Lynn
Stabilization (finished on Plan 2 with lites)
Used red and gold plans
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

Last edited by Lynx; 01-28-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

Jill, may I tell you my personal opinion? Take-Off is overrated! I personally hate it and always dread it. I am hungry all the time as at some point you're just sick and tired of green and lean protein. I don't enjoy it at all. And always, but always - after 2 days I am happy I lost 2-3 lb, but then the very next day after I gain half of it back even if I stay 100% on plan. And what's next? I get discouraged and upset with myself.

I know I am speaking for myself only but if it has any value to you: it is nothing to be looking forward to!
apple76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

Agreed! I never had any kind of success with it-and wanted to strangle somebody the whole time! I did a couple and then never did them again.
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #5  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I agree as well. It is tough. And I have both time I have done it gained back at least half and apple is right then I am just mad that I gained again. You can always cut back on heavy starches and eat leaner options.......
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #6  
Val

Hi Jill!

I'm going to chime in here as a person who was over the 300# mark myself when I started. I too was told that I could not do a take-off until after I fell below the 300 mark. I believe this has to do with the very limited amount of food that you get on TO. At that weight it requires a high caloric intake just for our bodies to maintain basic functions, ie. breathing, and TO just does not supply that.

There are sound medical reasons for not doing a TO until that point and I wouldn't mess around with it.

Personally, though, even though I am now eligible to do TO I still try not to. The couple times I have was after a time of really struggling to get back on plan after going on a vacation, and I used it to get my mind back in the game - nothing like starving for 2 days to make the basic plan seem like your splurging, and I used it just recently after having plateaud for over a month. Whenever I have done one though, the effects have been minimal - .5 to 1 lb, which I could have done without the TO!

Sorry, for the ramble, but your best bet is to just get back and be POP when you get back from your trip.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

TO is some what of a crutch for many of us (myself included). Wait. Get where they recommend before trying. The best thing about TO is relearning how it feels to be hungry, really hungry. Plus my husband learns just how pleasant I am the rest of the time (can you read bit**?). I actually get so sick of veggies I can't eat my portions for days after. Really over rated. I do not understand why they recommend it at all.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Interesting.....my opinion of take-off has definately changed. I think I'll skip it thank you very much!

I have been so happy w/ this program. I think that kind of torture may be bad for me and l lead to a binge. What I like most about this program is that I'm never hungry and when I start to feel hungry there is always enough food left for the day to eat!

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll be okay on my little trip. How much damage can I do in 24 hours right? I know I'll be fine food-wise, I don't even crave the bad foods anymore. I doubt that I'll gain weight by having a couple of extra beers tonight, especially with all of the dancing I'm planning on doing!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

I agree! Take off is overrated. I don't think it makes a difference for me weight wise - I hate doing it as it feels like a punishement!
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

i just joined and completed my first TAKE OFF. How often do you do the take off, and can i choose not to on the program?
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #11  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Coming from someone who's on her first day post juicing, it's no worth it. The reason I just did one was simply between x-mas, inventory, then a week of vacation. I had to get my body back on track, after 3 months of running on coffee, diet coke, and not nearly close to being on plan my body was rebelling. I didn't weigh myself pre-juicing, I won't weigh myself again to the weekend--it was more about getting my body back on to normalcy then dropping water weight.

Follow your COD's advice. I was on Red because I'm a gym rat, thus I was banned from juicing after my first round. The reason, with the work-out and activity level I keep, it was actually counter intuitive to juice. Even doing a FF and eating unlimited protein and unlimited green veggies you won't get enough calories to support your basic body functions. Putting your body into starvation for even 2 days can wreak havoc on your metabolism.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #12  
Val

Wish2b - You can do TO as often as every 2 weeks, however there is absolutely no obligation to have to do them.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote