Old 09-22-2003, 01:42 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Low Carb Bio's

Hi Everyone,

I got this idea from another board (thank you!) and thought it would be cool for us to get to know each other a little better.

Everyone just copy and paste the following into a reply:

DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME:

BIRTHDAY:

MARITAL STATUS:

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

PETS:

ATKINS START DATE:

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS:

TOP WEIGHT:

CURRENT WEIGHT:

GOAL WEIGHT:

HEIGHT:

EYE COLOR:

HAIR COLOR:

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:

Last edited by Leenie; 06-15-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 02:28 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

DATE: September 22

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Leenie

MARITAL STATUS: M

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): One Daughter

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, crafts, music, dancing, reading

PETS: Doggy

ATKINS START DATE: July 7, 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I needed stricter rules when it comes to dieting, for me its all or nothing, so nothing wins, I am a carb addict, once I start, I can't stop eating. Atkins makes me feel in control, I know that one bite will destroy my efforts so that keeps me in line Plus I like real foods, diet dressings make me gag.

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 - 170 (when I'm happy)
HEIGHT: 5' 10"
EYE COLOR: Blue
HAIR COLOR: Brown w/Highlights
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NJ

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
I love to eat, I have a very big appetite. I eat at every emotion, happy, bored, it doesn't matter, I am addicted.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I think Atkins is helping me control the trigger foods that set me off, the foods are wonderful and thats a plus. I am eating very healthy, more fish and veggies and I am taking vitamins. I am taking care of myself for once.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Hmmmmmm ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

This is a great idea! Should we also put pics? Easier to match names to faces?

DATE: 9/22/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: barbmarie/Barbara

BIRTHDAY: October 27

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO: 11yr old daughter Kirsten, 6yr old son Jordan

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: quilting, computers, camping,

PETS: 2 Pugs, Buffy and Minnie

ATKINS START DATE: September 1

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My mother lost alot of weight a few years ago on a similar plan. Nutrisystem was getting too expensive but worked. Weight watchers never worked for me after the first 15lbs.

TOP WEIGHT: 194

CURRENT WEIGHT: 166

GOAL WEIGHT: 135?

HEIGHT: 5'4"

HAIR COLOR: Reddish brown (this month)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pacific Northwest

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: It used to be cheating, but I've really no desire to cheat since I started Atkins. I don't even look twice at McDonalds when I drive by anymore, no desire at all!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My husband started the plan this week. It's easier when you don't feel that your food is special and different from everyone else.

Old 09-22-2003, 06:00 PM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Talking Nice to be here....

DATE: 9/22/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Kim in NJ / Kim

BIRTHDAY: 12/3/64

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Married 16 years to a wonderful man and stay at home dad, 2 daughters (7 yr old and a 1 yr old)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Camping, Sewing, Teaching Bible Classes for elementary/middle school grades.

PETS: Lucas - our 100lb yellow lab

ATKINS START DATE: July 10, 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I think it was the only thing I hadn't tried....and I could easily give up breads, pastas and rice. It's the sweets that kill me!

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: 223

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5 ft 5 inches

HAIR COLOR: Brown with blonde highlights (non of it natural of course!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: The New Jersey Shoreline

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: It's actually my biggest problem in LIFE...I do not know or understand the word "MODERATION". I'm either all for something - or not trying at all. I tend to put all my efforts into something and then other things have to give. So that I am on Atkins and really trying to follow the program, my house is a mess!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My pulmonologist asked to see my dd's pictures at my summer checkup and said "They are beautiful...how many more years do you plan to be around for them?" And he's painfully right!!!! I've tasted pretty much everything in my lifetime, I need to again taste the "Feeling" of being thin and active with my family.

Unfortunately I have had the taste of thin-ness before and I blew it. In 1992 I used Slimfast for 2 years to go from 200 lbs down to 128. The most horrifying day of my life was when I found out that I indeed am a "Petite" size and I could not rely on the excuse of being "Big boned".

I am finding Atkins to really work well with my lifestyle. I just need to keep reminding myself that I have a different metabolism than my husband and children and therefore cannot eat as they do. But when I am 60 my family will hopefully care less that I ate differently than they did....especially if they can recall bike rides as a family and just general "active" type activities as a family. I've been hiding in my house too long in my size 26 nightgowns! Please pray for me - I am happy to be here with you all.
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:58 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

DATE: September 22, 2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Froufie - Frou Frou/Janet

BIRTHDAY: April 7....ARIES!

MARITAL STATUS: married, 2nd time around!

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 3 kids: son 17 (who is driving us crazy with his teenage attitude), daughter 12 (who will soon be driving us crazy...), son 5 (who is the cutest and most delightful child, and who will one day drive us crazy!)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Love reading, surfing the net, movies, play the piano (rarely now as I am too busy), love trivia games, big Elton John fan

PETS: none.....am allergic to almost everything...would love a pet bunny tho, but this would also make me sneeze and wheeze

ATKINS START DATE: May 26, 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Finally reading the medical journals that validated the plan, and realizing I would not be hungry and it would fit well into my current lifestyle

TOP WEIGHT: 220

CURRENT WEIGHT: 191

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5' 3"

EYE COLOR: light golden brown

HAIR COLOR: the real color, or the one the hairdresser gave me? lol: light brown with blond highlights (to cover the gray!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ottawa (the capital of) Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Lack of exercise as I am truly lazy.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The Atkins plan seems to fit into my lifestyle and is something I can stick with in the very long term.

My favorite color is pink...I love bunnies.....I went back to school a few years ago, and graduated with an MBA last June (went part time while working full time and juggling family - I don't recommend it!!!!!)

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I have of course lost weight before only to gain it back. I believe that while physically losing weight is important, it is also necessary to address the reasons why we overeat and conquer this or the weight will never stay off!

Froufie
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:47 AM   #6  
thin within

DATE: 9/23/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: fullfig

BIRTHDAY: 1/2/70

MARITAL STATUS: married for ten years

FAMILY INFO: one daughter--4

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: sewing and crocheting

PETS: none

ATKINS START DATE: 9/2/03

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: 1) doctor told me to try it this past spring to lower my cholesterol--he's been on nearly five years; 2) younger sister has lost a lost a lot with it--currently 69 lbs; 3) twin sister has been losing with it--around 20 so far, i think; 4) husband lost 25 lbs on it in the spring and has recently gotten back on to lose another 20; 5) haven't found anything else that works well.

TOP WEIGHT: 220

CURRENT WEIGHT: 193.4

HEIGHT: 5'9"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: turkey

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: losing 30 lbs and deciding to take a weekend off--that turns into 9 months to a year

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i know my pattern and am determined to make it work this time. my husband and i are planning to have our second and final child while here soon. i'll be 34 in january. i really want to get this weight off before trying to get pregnant again. since i'm not getting any younger, i've got to step on it.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? my twin "supersized" also posts in the low carb threads.
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 01:03 PM   #7  

Default THIS IS GREAT

I love this - helps us get to know one another better!

DATE: 9/23/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: d_rowland/Debra

BIRTHDAY: August

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): My 17 yo daughter lives with me and is doing Atkins with me. I have a 20 yo son who is living in Augusta Georgia and a 25 yo daughter who is married and lives about an hour away. Was married 17 years the first time. Goofed and married, unbeknownst to me, a manic depressant who wouldn't get help - that lasted two years. Been on my own for the last three years.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Love doing lots of things, when I have time. I use to garden alot until I sold my house and now rent. I love doing remodeling projects, spending time with friends playing cards and just talking. I went back to school 2 years ago to be a Paralegal and finished, now I'm going to look for a job.

PETS: Dog - Abby - 1/2 cocker spaniel - 1/2 springer spaniel

ATKINS START DATE: This time 9/8/03

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: It worked before, until I got away from this WOE. I don't have to give up much that I really like

TOP WEIGHT: 191 - 8 years ago

CURRENT WEIGHT: 165

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NW Illinois

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: CHOCOLATE cravings . . . I eat for comfort and when I'm bored.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My daughter is doing it with me. We are setting mini-goals with rewards, so I have more motivation.

Last edited by d_rowland; 09-23-2003 at 01:17 PM.
d_rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:42 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

DATE: Sept 23/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LindaBC/Linda

BIRTHDAY: Feb 25/43

MARITAL STATUS: Married 39 years

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 grown daughters. Older daughter has two teenage sons. Younger daughter expecting first baby in November.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I read a LOT. Crossword puzzles. Scrabble. Cribbage. Canasta. Decorative Painting. Sewing. Gardening.

PETS: None...just a couple of bird feeders and a friendly neighbour's dog

ATKINS START DATE: Seriously in mid-July but I've tried it on and off for years.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I was very successful the first time I went on Atkins back in the 70s. Lost nearly 100 lb. Got scared by all the so-called experts saying it would kill me and gained it all back plus extra. I've always believed it was the best way to go though. I always feel so "in control" when I strictly limit carbs.

TOP WEIGHT: 304

CURRENT WEIGHT: 280

GOAL WEIGHT: Anything under 200 would thrill me.

HEIGHT: 5' 4"
EYE COLOR: Dk Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dk Brown with a few gray strands

OCCUPATION: Secretary in home office for hubby's construction company

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: 40 miles east of Vancouver Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Carb Addiction. I can't seem to stop once I start so there are no "days off" for this old gal. I'm severely insulin resistant, a Type 2 Diabetic and hypothyroid. My age combined with various meds make it very difficult for me to lose the way I used to. I'm on Metformin but it sure hasn't helped me lose any weight. I'm also on Lipitor for cholesterol.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've finally recognized that I'm going to have to exercise more and I've recently begun doing the Body Flex Workout in addition to three hours a week deep water jogging.

I've gained and lost so many times I think my poor mixed-up metabolism hasn't a clue what's expected of it. I just keep plugging away and hoping for the best.
1.) Lose the weight while you're young and KEEP IT OFF!! Most of you Chicks appear to be in your 30s and 40s. Don't put it off. Lose it now. The older you get, the more difficult it is to lose weight. Trust one who knows.
2.) Also, as you get older and pack around a lot of extra pounds, you start to get aches and pains that make it ever more difficult to exercise. That makes it very easy to just turn into a couch potato and give up on yourself. It happened to me.
3.) Try to avoid taking medications. They can really screw up your metabolism.
LindaBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:43 PM   #9  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Nice to be here, too.

DATE: 09/24/2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: storybookmama/Lisa Story

BIRTHDAY: March 13th

MARITAL STATUS: Married - 5 years

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 18 month old daughter, Bridget, who is the utmost joy. Work as a Legal Assistant for a very large Charity in Federal Way, WA.... noticed there is another Fed. Way member here, too.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Photography, Playing with my dd, baking

PETS: Not right now....

ATKINS START DATE: Monday, 09/22/2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I had Gestational Diabetes and felt wonderful while on that diet. I got off the low carb wagon after I had the baby and knew I had to get back on.

TOP WEIGHT: 285

CURRENT WEIGHT: 282

FIRST GOAL: 200

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Seattle, WA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have gained more weight in the last 5 years than ever before. My problem is junk food, sweets, french fries - and I'll eat anytime - doesn't have to be just when I'm hungry.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My determination to be a "thin, pretty, mom" for my daughter and i AM determined this time. I have wasted so much of my life being fat - I'm tired of it.

My dh is a chef - who cooks for me. This is part of the reason I'm so overweight....

OTHER EXPERIENCES: Well, can't think of any off the top of my head.
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:50 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

DATE: 9/25/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Karen W / Karen

BIRTHDAY: January 1 (I was born at midnight and 25 seconds. I was Miss East Bay 1967! (SF Bay Area) LOL!)

MARITAL STATUS: MArried

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Married 13 years on Monday and I have 2 children (ds age 7 and dd age 5)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Crocht Pattern Designer

PETS: one hamster named Stanley

ATKINS START DATE: 8/4/03

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:

TOP WEIGHT: 200.5 (when starting atkins, I hit 225 in 1999 and lost 56 on WW that year, gained 30 back btw then and atkins start date)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 187.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 125-135

EYE COLOR: blue/green

HAIR COLOR: drk Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Western WA State

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying consistant

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am enjoying this WOE and I am exercising 6 days a week!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I collect Tea Cups and Pots and I LOVE BON JOVI!!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Hmmm.. Dont have any off the top of my head right now!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:04 PM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

DATE: Oct. 5, 2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: jdoggmartin/Jina

BIRTHDAY: April 21

MARITAL STATUS: Married for almost four years.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I was married on Jan. 1, 2000. What a way to start the new milennium!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love sports, especially baseball. I am also into photography. I am hoping to start matting and framing my photographs and taking them to craft fairs. I also like swimming, going to the beach, shopping and listening to music.

PETS: Maggie, a Pointer mix. I got her from the Humane Society almost one year ago. She kind of looks like a shorter and stockier Dalmation.

ATKINS START DATE: Oct. 6, 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I've tried low-fat diets, and I am always hungry!

TOP WEIGHT: 215

CURRENT WEIGHT: 190

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'10"

HAIR COLOR: Dyed blonde. Naturally, a brunette.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating! And, lots of it! I always seem to be hungry. Also, I tend to lose motivation easily.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can eat until I'm full.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? ??

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Weight is so much harder to lose than it is to put on. Always try and remember how hard it was to lose weight to avoid putting it back on again!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 09:19 AM   #12  

DATE: 10/7/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Debra

BIRTHDAY: August 17th

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a 25 yo daughter who is married, a 20 yo son who is now living in Augusta Georgia and a 17 yo daughter who is lo-carbing with me.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Gardening, remodeling - both of which I miss now that I sold my house and am renting

PETS: Cocker/Springer Spaniel named Abby and a chameleon named Augusta (guess where we got her???)

ATKINS START DATE: First was 10/99 - lost 30 pounds - drifted away and put most of it back on. Just restarted.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: The way of eating fits my lifestyle and I feel so much better when I stay away from carbs. My parents are both diabetic and the lo-carb way of eating will hopefully help me not develop the same problem.

TOP WEIGHT: 191 (1995)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 168

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown

OCCUPATION: Credit Support Coordinator (glorified title for a secretary for a Senior Credit Manager)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NW Illinois

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: CHOCOLATE & emotional eating - bored, stressed, TOM. Once I start eating carbs it is truly addicting and I crave more.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Support of my daughter, friends at work and all my friends here who are also eating lo-carb

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: When I first started Atkins a few years ago, I put together a lo-carb cookbook which has helped me greatly in keeping variety in my way of eating.
d_rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:48 PM   #13  

DATE: 10-07-03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: jane8760/Jane

BIRTHDAY: 08-07-60

MARITAL STATUS: married

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: sewing, crafts of all kinds, quilting, rubber stamping, scrapbooking...............

PETS: no, but my mother has our family dog and she is 15 years old.

ATKINS START DATE: 09-14-03

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Last resort

TOP WEIGHT: 178

CURRENT WEIGHT: 164 (as of 04/03 current weight = 156)

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: blonde......well I used to be...now I have to help it a little

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Massachusetts

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: not losing any

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Atkins doesn't make me feel so deprived. I feel full and don't need to snack all the time.

Last edited by jane8760; 04-09-2004 at 12:15 PM.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:56 AM   #14  

My turn:

DATE: 10/10/2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Jen519/Jen

BIRTHDAY: 5/19/62

MARITAL STATUS: Single ("divorced" from 18-year relationship with my daughter's father)

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Have one beautiful daughter, a sister I couldn't live without and parents who love each other and have been married for 48 years.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Computer Adventure Games, Country Music, Classic Rock Music, Camping, Watching figure skating

PETS: 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 mouse, 1 guinea pig

ATKINS START DATE: 8/27/2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: A co-worker mentioned it to me and after trying it for a few days, I found I was actually able to stick with it (unlike any WOE I've tried in the past 10 years). That made the choice for me

TOP WEIGHT: 240

CURRENT WEIGHT: 218

GOAL WEIGHT: 145-155

HEIGHT: 5' 6 1/4"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dishwater Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Auburn, Wa

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Hard to say. Eating out of boredom, stress, emotional issues.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I get to eat all the time! As long as I eat the right things.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I'm sure I'll think of something later...

Jen
jen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 07:46 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Hi all! I'm new to the board, but what a great idea!

DATE: 10/13/2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Brandi

BIRTHDAY: Sept. 24

MARITAL STATUS: married

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: nearly anything that can be done outdoors

PETS: 2 chihuahuas and a cat

ATKINS START DATE: 7/15/2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: everything else had failed and I was at the point where I felt my options were to give up food or give up carbs

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 165

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: blonde

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I get discouraged too easily. If I'm not constantly seeing results, I start to beat myself up over it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It's fast, dramatic, and most importantly, I have never felt physically or emotionally better

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: For me, the hard thing with Atkins is the seemingly boring food options. I have learned to get adventurous and search out new recipes and try new flavors. It's great! Did you know you could make low carb New England style clam chowder that would fool anyone? It took me weeks to get the nerve to try it because it's thickened with pureed cauliflower and that sounded disgusting to me but WOW! It's now my favorite cold weather food and even the carb consumers in my life love it.