Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability/planning/menus - January 28 - February 3

Welcome! Do you need some accountability? A place to list your plan? A place to list your menu? Support? This is the place to get it!!! We can do this!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:42 AM   #2  

Hi folks - I had a wonderful weekend. Hubby had arranged a surprise anniversary party and I was really surprised! So many members of our family and even our grandson. It was so wonderful. We all went to a chinese restaurant and I am happy to say that I didn't overeat!

Tonight - DH and I will go to a fancy restaurant to celebrate - just the two of us.

Today I go back to the foot doctor to get my foot taped - it's helping. This week I go to get an ultra sound on my gall bladder to see if the back pain I have is from that. Also, I am going to an orthopedist when I can get in to help me come up with a plan to get me into my foot and ankle orthotic without it giving me back pain. That's where I am medically.

Plans for today -

breakfast - cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, peanut butter toast
lunch - open face ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, cauliflower
snack - apple, crackers
dinner - (out for our anniversary) broiled lobster tail, salad, asparagus, roll
snack - cereal, flax, milk

Rakel - the veggie soup is so good at Pananera. Good choice!

Ginger - I hope you all are feeling better soon at your house. Good food plan.

Purple - so exciting - all the rennovations. Yes, it can be challenging and sometimes stressful to make all those decisions. Enjoy the process as best you can. Maybe get some bathroom rennovation books or magazine at one of the big home improvement stores for more ideas. Hooray for you...down two pounds. Go girl!

Everyone have a great and healthful day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-28-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, 3FC Friends!

Thank goodness for fresh starts! I totally blew my plan this weekend and I have a two pound gain as my reward. My emotions are getting the best of me. One of my good friends...who lives right across the street...is moving back to Florida on Sunday. I've been feeling very down and using food to try to make myself feel better. Unfortunately, it does help temporarily, but it comes with a big price. Today, I feel sluggish from too much sugar and carbs and I'm now fighting the lousy emotions from having a gain on the scales.

Purple - Congratulations on your 2 pounds loss!
Schmoodle - Are you and Hubby still feeling okay? Hopefully, you'll get passed over on this one.
MJ - Have you recovered from your wings incident? Glad you had some relaxation time this weekend. I love What Not To Wear! I've asked my family to "secretly" submit me for a makeover when I lose the weight. According to my daughter, I need it badly right now!
Ginger - How are you feeling today?
Rakel - Congratulations on planning ahead for Panera and doing so well with you choices! I love Panera, but its the pastries that call my name.
Beverly - Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoy you special dinner with Hubby.

As of today, I begin with calorie counting. My Southbeach plan has been very good to me...30 pounds worth of good!...and, it helped me to reverse my insulin resistance. I'm not giving up on eating Southbeach approved foods as the eating plan is extremely healthy. But, I'm getting stalled on the weight loss and need to start tracking my consumption of calories and making this a priority. I have my handy-dandy spreadsheet ready to go and I'll track every single calorie that goes in my mouth!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Rhonda--I think SB and calorie counting would work well together. One tells you what to eat, the other how much, no conflict there.

I blew it this weekend as well I realized this is the last week of the month, so I will weigh in Thursday for my monthly total and that will be my new weigh in day, and soon as I saw that I just started eating. I had this attitude yesterday like I just didn't care, I could start new tomorrow (today). I finally pulled myself together last night and realized that was the OLD me, and I did a good workout on the trampoline. I didn't even weigh this morning, I know it's up, I feel the bloating yucky feeling. BUT I am right back on plan today. Enough is enough. I will not let myself self destruct because I am close to where I stopped last time, I know that was behind yesterday's mad eating frenzy. Today it STOPS. I am determined to be safely at 227 or below by Thursday.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Today's menu:
B - oatmeal bars, half a grapefruit, coffee
S - hard boiled egg, V8
L - refried bean soup
S - latte, celery with LCLC
D - meatball casserole, green beans
S - Greek yogurt

I don't know if I've mentioned it here, but forgive me if I'm repeating myself. I am on scale strike for a month, because the little bugger had just gained too much power over my psyche. It has been 10 days since I last weighed and I thought it would be really hard, but it hasn't. It has been very interesting because I think I am staying on plan better now that every day is just another on-plan day and not, "gah! I have to weigh in tomorrow", or "phew, I've got a whole week until I weigh, gorge, gorge, gorge".

Happy Anniversary Beverlyjoy!!!! DH sounds very sweet.
Rhonda, so far so good. Thanks for asking. I have combined SB with calorie counting in the past and it works great. I did it when I first started Ph2 because my concept of portions was a little off. I kept it up for three months until I felt like I had a handle on things. I would definitely go back to it if I hit a stall. I hope it helps you too.
Purple, awesome job of putting on the brakes! I am a firm believer that you can't really do all that much damage in a day. It's the next day and the next day that really count. And I would definitely skip the weigh in too, and give myself a couple of days to flush the old system. Don't beat yourself up, you are doing great and you can do this!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Well, I'm off to orientation in just a bit here I'm nervous, but very excited.
I'll fill you in on all the details when I get home!

Also looking forward to changing my ticker tomorrow! I've got three pounds for this week so far!

Wish me luck!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

hey everyone!

Linda- good luck today
Schmoodle- I've wanted so badly to go on a "scale strike" because I tend to do the same things...I don't know if I can. DH and I have joked that he will take the batteries out after I weigh in on Monday and then put them back in next time I need to weigh in...I don't know if I would be happy or frustrated. I think when I stall or get discouraged I might do this!
BeverlyJoy - Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like your surprise party was fun and you didn't go overboard on the Chinese food. Have a wonderful time tonight!
Purplefirefly - I believe in you!!! You sound so hard on yourself sometimes...I see your posts in the blue team TBL and the exercise thread and you inspire me SO MUCH! Hang in there
Rhonda - I'm very sorry to hear about your friend leaving, I'm sure that is hard and emotional. And it sounds like weekends is when you struggle the most...Hang in there, I think adding in calorie counting might really help get you through your stall.

Okay, so last night I ate 5 rice cakes for dinner. It's all I felt like, and quite frankly, I've lost my appetite for sure. I feel better today, maybe my hunger will come back. I'm kinda hoping it won't.

Today's Plan

B: oats and tea
S: apple
L: turkey soup
S: egg salad on Ryvita
D: chicken salad

I'm on 4 days straight of no exercise, and I want to change that.

Cheers,
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hey everyone! I am super busy again today..I am SO sick of saying that! I'll catch up w/ you later tonight. Hopped on the scale this am, but NO change, it's ok. I'll keep plugging away!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Good afternoon, ladies I'm bringing in the sunshine, I think we all need it about now! I lifted the blinds just now and the sun poured in, yay! It's supposed to go into the 60s this week so i plan on hitting the track those days and getting the kids out to PLAY!

I just did the frontside DVD again and it was just slightly easier on some exercises, and even harder on others. I figured out it was the chair squats that hit my back so hard last time so I tried not to overdo those this time. I feel really good, about back to normal from yesterday's careless binge fest.

Linda--I'm thinking of you today, but I know you are doing awesome and will come home excited from you first day.

Ginger--I guess I am hard on myself, but it's because I am tired of my own excuses. I am the best at talking myself into things, out of things, lying to myself, etc. So when I let my emotions and fears take over I do get angry at myself now because I have proven in the past few months that I can do so much better! I don't know about inspiring anyone though, you could find better role models BUT I do exercise a lot because it's taking the place of food right now and allows me a bit higher calories to still lose, so it's just kinda in my plan right now. I find when I slip the eating goes right behind it.

Schmoodle--The whole "I have a week to weigh in, gorge, gorge," bit is SO like me when I first started. I thought I was the only one with such a distorted thinking! I lived to eat, but slowly healthier things have taken hold and I don't do that anymore...well, usually not I really hope staying away from the scale helps you get out of those destructive patterns.

Okay, I have to get my daughter soon and need to go shower first...no use stinking up the van with sweat
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:13 AM   #10  

Hi folks.... last night was fun. I ordered healthy foods...my lobster tail came with whispy thin onion rings. I ate some - they didn't agree with me later on. I tasted them all night long. When I got home from dinner - I compulsively ate lite ice cream left over from my surprise party. I threw the rest away - too much of a tempation. All in all - I did well with my food and all the celebrations and extra tempations of the last few days. I am satisfied.

Today I'll be working at home. My mom is coming over - they are turning off the water in her apartment building to fix the pipes. That should be nice.

My plans for today:

meditation
lots of water
paper work
stretches
journal food
eating class "homework"
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble, natural peanut butter on ww toast, 1/2 banana
snack - clementine
lunch - hummus on pita, veggies, cottage cheese
snack - crackers, apple
dinner - creamed tuna and peas over toast, cauliflower
snack - cereal, milk, flax

Rhonda - the past is gone - everyday is a new beginning. I think you have a good idea - changing your strategy is fresh and new and can give you a good jump start.

Purple - I totalling understand about weighing and then the "I'll start tomorrow" thing. I did that for years. Glad to hear your "switched gears" in your head and will carry on.

Schmoodle - great plan. I agree about the scale - for some folks it just messed with their head. It's always been easy for me to overeat after a weigh in too. There's a calmness to eating healthfully and not worrying about the scale.

Linda - good luck at your orentation..hope it goes well!

Ginger - good plan for the day.

Mj5 - Hi!!! Hope all is well! Sometimes staying the same is good too.

cckayac - good calorie intake! I agree...there are times when I need to stay away from the scale too. Carry on.

I hope everyone has a GREAT and healthful day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-29-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:00 AM   #11  

GirlyGirl having another chance is always great at least noticing we have made a wrong choice or a few in most of my mistakes is a learning experience. So jump right back into action and show them who's boss here you can do it. I know that over the weekend I wasn't to great friday with a slice of pizza which wasn't that great and totally not worth the cals. and 6 little wing drums to go with it now they were good. If I had it to do over I would of just indulged on the wings. Oh well there is always another day to make it work. Good for you recognizing and being ready to give it another chance before things get out of reach. Thats my old mistake.
BeverlyJoy nice work and congrats.
Linda congrats!
Purplejoy let that sun shine in enjoy your day it surely gives us a lift of spirits.
Schmoodle I am also on a scale strike just going forward and I don't want to be let down I guess but someday I will step on it but not yet. I am trying to make positive changes with out it.
Well hello to anyone I missed. Gotta go to work!
My intake yesterday: Around 1350 cals no time to add them on here today.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability friends!

Yesterday was my first day with calorie counting. I started off with one of three 1200 calorie days for the week. By last evening, I was starving! I need to take another look at my day and see if I can work in a bit more protein and healthy fats. This morning, I woke up with a terrible headache. I think the headache is because I was hungry. The very very good news is that my 2 pound gain is already gone. Yep, overnight I lost it. It must have been water weight from the sodium. So, this week, I should be able to post a great loss for the team. Go Blue! Today, I get to eat 1400 calories, so we'll see how I feel tonight. I hate to have to increase my daily calories too much as I really want to lose 2 pounds a week. Going by most of the calculators, I have to stay fairly low to lose 2 pounds. We'll see what happens this week.

I better get to work. With sleep-in today due to the headache, I'm running a bit behind. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #13  

good morning chicks.
Menu for the day:
B - turkey sausage, 2 eggs, coffee
S - 1 cup 3 bean salad, V8
L - meatball casserole, salad
S - latte, triscuits with LCLC
D - Shrimp and Almond Stir Fry
S - Greek yogurt with almonds and agave nectar

Linda
, hope the first day on the job went well.
Hi mj5!
Ginger, I encourage you to take a scale vacation - don't wait until you are frustrated or demoralized! For me, it wasn't that, just that I realized I was focusing on it too much. I just wanted to see if I could do it. so far, so good, and I am loving it. I did have a moment yesterday, after reading how much somebody had lost last week, when I thought it wouldn't hurt to just take a peek, and started out for the bathroom. Luckily it's a long walk from the office, and by the time I got there, I had talked myself out of it. I am going to hold out for 2 more weeks.
purple, I hope so too. I wasn't really binging or anything, just I weigh in on Saturday AM, and Saturday night it was too easy to think that it would be alright to have a little popcorn with the kids or something like that. I will still have popcorn with the kids on occasion, but hopefully it won't be because weigh-in is a week away. That is dumb thinking!
Beverlyjoy , mmm lobster... That is the second time in two days someone has mentioned lobster to me. I think it's a sign that I need to have some soon. Now that it's in my head I'm sure it won't go away until I get some! Peaceful is exactly the right word to describe scale freedom.
cckayac, have a great day at work. Guess I should get some of that in now too. Glad to have some company on my scale strike.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #14  

Rhonda, hope your head feels better! 1200 sounds so low, glad you get to eat a little more today. Are you alternating the 1200 and 1400 days?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

Okay, so yesterday I didn't eat exactly as I wrote it. I ended up having the egg salad for dinner instead of chicken salad, and I didn't feel like eating much. I dodged those biscuits DH made at 9pm with the chapstick.

I am doing something new today!

It's been since last thursday since I've eaten proper meals and portions (since being sick) and I don't want my body to think it's starving. So today I am going to try to add a bit of butter and a bit more calories into things I usually eat. Is this a bad idea? I'm not talking about a cheesies binge or potato chips.....or anything remotely like that. Maybe more olive oil on my salad today. I just want to make sure that my body doesn't "hold on" to the calories, because I'm sure some days I barely made 200 cal. for the whole day, yesterday I'm guessing maybe 900/1000 cal.

Anyhow, let me know what you think. I've gotta run and take the kids outside while there still is SNOW (we just got some last night) and it doesn't look like it's going to last.

Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote