Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default I know I tend to

worry entirely too much but come on. I've been at the same weight (or higher) for a week and a half now. It will be 2 weeks on Thursday. I was 173 and have jumped from there to 175.5 almost everyday. I had one day, Saturday morning, where I was 171.5 and I thought I was finally breaking through.

I bought the WATP 5 Mile Advanced video and did the whole thing Fri, skipped Sat (my first rest day since I started the videos again 3 weeks ago), then I did the 3 mile advanced with stretchy in the morning and the 2 fast miles last night. I had over 100 oz of water yesterday and I know I had enough calories.

Is it safe to say is that TOM? I don't ever know in the beginning because I don't get AF I just get some of the symptoms..like weight gain. I'm having some tiny twinges (cramps) today but I'm not sure if it's related to that or not. I was going through something similar a few weeks ago and thought maybe that was it then. Now i think I was wrong. Grrr...it's so frustrating.

I know a week or so isn't that long to stall but to be up most days when I am working my butt off? I was 175.5 this morning and about cried! What the heck is going on?

Sorry if I whine too much. I just can't get a handle on what I should be doing this time.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:58 AM   #2  

I forgot to add that just for the heck of it I measured my "trouble spot", my belly below my belly button, and it has gone down another inch. So, I'm just confused!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:11 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Lynsey, I just gave up daily weighing. I thought it was keeping me on track because I was accountable every day to the scale, but what was really happening was that I was getting discouraged by the daily fluctuations and it was making me LESS driven to eat well. For example, over Christmas I made a bunch of cookies. Didn't taste a single morsel. Not a bite of cookie, not a lick of dough. I thought for sure the next morning I'd be down at least ten pounds, just for being so good. But I was UP TWO! I thought, "Why is it even worth it to use all that will power to not eat something I really wanted to when it doesn't even make a difference?!"

Look at you! You've lost twenty-seven pounds! That's incredible! You will get through this plateau.

Here's my new perspective. I am doing this healthy eating bit and exercise so that I can treat my body well. I deserve to fuel my body properly and work it hard. Those things are good for me, regardless of what the scale says. My new plan is to weigh once a month. I will stay on plan for the month and my number after thirty-so days will be lower than what it was at the beginning of the month. I will see a difference and not be bothered by the daily fluctuations.

It was just too hard for me. Too draining.

Hope that helps!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Kara makes a good point--the scale can become a terrible tyrant. If your view of yourself and the world starts going up and down based on the number--well, that's just wrong.

Make sure you are staying on plan--that's the main thing. If you are going over on your points, calories, or whatever it is you're following, it can stall your weight. It's easy to go over and not realize it unless you're tracking carefully.

Maybe stop recording your weight daily, as Kara suggested. Make one day a week your official weigh-in day and go with that. Focus on your intake and exercise the rest of the time.

You can do it! You've been doing great!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hon, you've got to relax. If you know that you are doing everything that you're supposed to - eating welll and exercising - then the weight WILL come off. It might not be yesterday, today or tomorrow, but it WILL come off. Just keep at it. I know it's frustrating, especially when you're doing everything "right", but weight loss is not an immediate gratifacation type thing. And you are not necessarily going to see a loss every day or even every week. But it WILL happen. Just stick with it. Hang tough and take heart that it WILL happen. Just stick with it.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 01-28-2008 at 08:12 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

you definately need to put the scale in the closet for a week. Some people can handle daily weighing...but obviously its stressing you out. You need to try weighing once a week. And relax some. If you are staying on plan...eventually the weight will come off. There are many tiems where i have 2 or 3 wks of lack of wt loss....bummer yes...but end of the world...no. I try to focus on my eating and make sure i stay OP. Continue with working out. You may need to try new exercise to "shake up your routine". some times the body starts getting use to your exercise. I've never done WATP...but maybe its time to try running or elliptical or biking or swimming and maybe we need to start adding more weight lifting...i don't know if watp does light wt lifting...but your body burns more calories with muscles. So relax some, look at your food journal to make sure you are Op, clean up anything you can..in otherwords start eating more whole foods if you aren't and then switch up you exercise routine...and for pete's sake (and your sanity) put that darn scale away now!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm with all of them...you DEFINITELY need to send your scale on a little vacation..you're getting WAY too upset based on daily fluctuations. Not only is it TOM, but it has only been two weeks, AND you are losing inches.

Once a week weighing might be a better choice for you.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #8  

I am going to start putting my food in the daily plate again. That way I can see how my calories are doing for sure. I really think it's TOM right now though. I ate really well today and I'm still up. Usually when I eat what I've eaten today I'm down a little. Boo!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:45 AM   #9  

K, not sure what's going on but the scale is at 172 today. It was 173.5 before I went to bed so that was 2 pounds lighter than when I woke up. I ate good and exercised my butt off and it looks like tracking my diet might be the trick for awhile.

Speaking of working my butt off, I've lost an inch off my butt in the past 2 weeks. Just had to check because I thought it looked like it was getting bigger a couple weeks ago and now it doesn't look so bad. LOL!

Maybe I do know what I'm doing here and I just don't give myself enough credit because of that dumb scale.