Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #1  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up January 28-February 3 Friends and Losers Thread

Good morning girls and boys!

Today is the beginning of a new day, soon it will be a new month. Let's get all of our excuses and bad habits behind us and really make this next week (or month if you can think that far ahead) about our health and weight loss! We deserve to do this! Hope everyone has a great day, week, month... and remember that you can do it!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone! Let's make this a week that we can all be proud of. You can do it!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #3  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

Lets make good Choices today and the rest of the week!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #4  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! The words of encouragement are great to hear this morning. Had a not so great weekend, plan and otherwise but today is a new day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #5  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Hope everyone had a good weekend. DBF and I went on a date Saturday night. Went out for dinner and then to see the Bucket List. That is such a good movie. Made me cry. I made my mind up yesterday that I really need to get back to basics about this plan so I have started weighing and measuring my food again. And writing down everything I eat. I'm hoping that will get me focused. I'm also going to check out Jazzercise this week. I really need to start moving a little more than I have been. I think that's one reason why I'm stuck where I'm at for so long.

Anyway, enough bellyaching from me. Let's all get focused and determined to forge ahead this week and stay POP!!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning all...

Well, I feel almost back to normal this morning.. At least I finally have an appitite back... In fact, I was pretty darn hungry, so I had a breakfast burrito.. But no fear, I'm on veggies and lean stuff for the rest of the day.. At least I got my starches out of the way early.

I think I found a decent bike to buy, in preparation for this triathlon I'm going for in May.. A group of my highschool classmates and I also plan to do an Albuquerque bike tour event in June as a prelude to our 20th class reunion later in the month.. So I'd better get crackin' on the training...

Have a great day all!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #7  
Katy66

Wow Dan, I'm impressed. You will do great in the triathlon. Glad you are feeling better
Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #8  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Good morning,

I did okay over the weekend...much better than on a couple of days last week. Hopefully, I got that out of my system and can stay POP this week.

I think winter is just a hard time and fighting the munchies is very difficult. My project is on some down time, so I'm spending alot more time sitting at my desk. I find that if I'm bored or sedentary for very long, I think I need to eat...just to have something to do...bad, bad, bad. It's not even lunch time and I've already eaten my apple and carrots, just trying to satisfy my munchies, which will make my afternoon tough since I will be out of snacks.
Anyways...I will succeed!!

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday...chin up...stay POP...make yourself proud.

later-
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #9  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning all!

Scale was extremely mean to me this morning and that's all I have to say about that. I was SOO good last week, and had a major slip up on Sat while my lil bro was staying with us. I could tell it was TOM-just felt extremely hungry and had intense cravings for bad stuff. But that is no excuse, so it's back to POP for me this week. Goal is to truly get 7 days in instead of 5. I know I can do it and I know you can too!

Felicia- I will be praying that a wonderful buyer wants to buy the old house. But seriously do what Katie has told you to do! Postive thoughts and it will come true!

Stephanie- if you feel healthy, comfortable and beautiful at 150 you should definitely move to stablization! That is great! I know I still haven't picked my real goal weight bc I have no idea how I will feel once I'm below 200. I'm beginning to think 165-180 will be a good place for me with my height and body. As long as I like what I'm able to wear and feel healthy-that's all that should be important! Congrats on all of your success-your ticker still amazes me!

Hi Cindy! We need to see your face! Get a picture up girlie so we can remember you!

Hi Michelle! It's sunny in norcal today! How's SD? How was your weekend?

Kimberly-way to stay in the KMART challenge! I hope you win!!! I'm so impressed with your losses!

Dan- sounds like you have some great goals to get training for!! Hope you are feeling better!

Hi Paula, Tues, Cecilia!

Joni-hope your day goes great today! How are the DDs doing in Georgia?

Ok, I got my workout in (last night too!! ) so now it's time for reading before class. On campus late so must get the lunch and dinner packed too....

Happy Monday all!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #10  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone! It's not sooo busy today? Why is that?
Are we all feeling guilty after the weekend? Ha! I know I am!
Amy, I didn't do great this weekend either. We had our holiday party I did better then I expected but I am sure I will up tomorrow. Plus I have a birthday party tonight and a friend in town. I really think everything would be so much easier if the world revolved around our Diet! He he! That would be the best!
Michelle, thanks for the pep talk those never hurt!

Hi Paula, Laurie, Katie, Katy and everyone else!

Lettie, OMG I don't think I could deal with that? More power to you!

Heres to a good POP Day!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #11  
Katy66

Hey gang, just a quick check in after my very on plan lunch

Amy - sorry the scales were mean to you. Probably not smart of me but I avoid the scale on Mondays. I need a couple of days to recoup from any weekend mess ups.

Cecilia - good luck with your events. Anything like that makes staying on plan even more difficult... just plan your day around it!

Hi Amy, Katie, Michie, Paula, Laura and any other lurkers out there. Boy it is a slow day around here
Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Hi All,

I had a POP weekend! Well, if you don't count Friday night as part of the weekend, since I made spaghetti on Friday night and my DH was late getting home, so I just seemed to eat and eat it.... waaay more than the exchanges of starches I had left. It would have POP if I had just eaten one serving.

It snowed here today, so we didn't go to the spin class. Just too dangerous going down our hill, even if you can drive in the snow doesn't mean the other people out there can. The hill coming up to our house is steep and trecherous. Last year there were 2 cars that slid through the stop sign, across the road and through the fence into the backyard of the people at the bottom of the hill... 1 car crashed into a retaining wall on the hill and one spun around several times and ended up crashed into a mailbox...

Felicia, Hope your house sells soon. When we moved to Portland from Spokane, we had our house up there on the market for 9 months before it sold, and we were renting a place down here that was costing us about the same as the mortgage, so things got really tight for a long time for us. Plus I didn't really get much of a raise for taking the job down here, and there was 9% state income tax that I did not even consider before we moved here, so there was a less take home pay on top of it all... but the house eventually sold and we were so very relieved. We had to lower the price, since the market dropped in Spokane. That was hard, as we lost money on the house, but really we had not lived there long.

Stephanie, I originally just wanted to see a lower number on the scale, as I had gotten down lower before. I do think that losing it slowly, it is harder to lose as much, since you haven't lost muscle mass along with the fat to the degree that I had on other diets in the past... So I was happier and leaner at the higher number than I would have ever thought possible before. The number on the scale is not nearly as important as how you feel and look
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #13  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

It sure is slow around here... only one page and it's nearly noon??? Tisk tisk!

Cecilia- Don't worry about your slip up... it happens. Just go work you little butt off and you should be fine! Try level 3 on your BL DVD! (No don't do it... it's a trick! It's killer!)

Amy- It has been raining on and off for the past few hours. Stupid weather. Send us some of your sun, please???

So far today I have been quite good! I went to WI and I came in at my lowest so far... 227.4. Hopefully I am out of the 230's completely now because if I go up again I may just lose it! Ahhhhhhh! (<-like that..)

I too have school and work all day today, so I am going to cook and pack all of my foods. Have a POP rest of the day!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #14  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Good Monday fellow Losers! I hope you all are planning ona Fantastic POP week! I was surprised there wasnt already 2 pages by this time today!

I feel like my motivation and willpower is through the roof! I have lost a lot of weight since January 1st! Right after Christmas I was almost back up to 245, and now I am finally under 235 for the first time in over 4 years! I am truly beginning to feel good about myself, and I feel healthy! And too I keep rubbbing it in DH's face that I am very close to 229, and he is going to have to take me out to eat wherever I wanna go for V-Day!!

Everyone stay focused and happy! Have a great week!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #15  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone,

I had a bad weekend and am having trouble staying on plan since wisdom teeth out almost 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was down .2 today at least not a gain. I suppose. I plan on staying POP for a while so I can get this weight on off. I hope everyone has a great day.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote