Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 01:09 PM   #1  

Talking Hi everyone.

My name is Kat, I live in Knoxville, TN. I weigh 290 lbs. I have been overweight for as long as I remember, but never cared. Then my bf tried to get into the Air Force, and I went on the Adkins Diet with him. I lost 20 lbs and loved it. Then I realized that I dont have to do it for my bf, I can do it just cuz I want to. So, now I am! When I started, I was at 300, so I have lost 10 lbs. I stayed on the Adkins Diet for a while, but it wasnt working because I wasnt staying on it as well as I told myself I was. When I realized that, I decided to drop it and try to count caloried instead. I had no idea how many calories I ate, so I just counted for a few days when I wasnt on any diet and just ate what I wanted. I was shocked at what I found out. In a week, my highest calorie day was at 700 calories. Here I am feeling like a pig and the reason I cant lose is because I dont eat enough! I have been off the wagon for a while because I had 3 weddings to go to, but they are about over, and I have more time and less to worry about, so I am ready to climb back on.

Kat
Old 05-10-2002, 01:19 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3fc kat,
There are lots of plans including a few choices in the low carb department. There are tons of really noce people and lots of good advice but especially motivation when you need it. Look around and see what you like and ask anything you like.

The starvation thing has happened to lots of people and the things that I can tell you to do is to increase your exercise. if you normaly do nothing... walk around the block... if you do that alreasy make it 2x. Drink lots of water....loose the soda except as a treat and get in lots of fresh foods.

Good luck to you and glad to see you have made the step to do all the work for the one person that matters.. YOU!!!
be well,
-L
Old 05-10-2002, 05:02 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Kat! Please stay and post away at 3FC. There is a ton of support here with people kind of doing things every which way, so you have a lot of groups to choose from.

I was impressed with your post. I love how you have realized:"I don't have to do if for my bf, I can do it just cuz I want to."

And you've taken charge of analyzing your own eating and come to the conclusion that indeed you are NOT a pig and you were actually starving your body, which was holding on to every calorie in desperation.

Good luck on your journey.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:45 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Hey Kat,

I'm Kat too! Just wanted to wish you good luck in your journey...the road will be long and sometimes bumpy, you may get lost along the way, but there will always be a kind soul here to guide you back onto the correct road...best of all, the scenery at the end will be well worth the effort!

Hope to see you around the boards!
Old 05-11-2002, 11:59 PM   #5  

Angry

Thanx for all of your replies!

Y'know, the funny thing about the fact that I was actually starving myself is that, that was more than what I ate when I was dieting. That week, I ate whatever I wanted as much as I wanted, and I only got 700 calories. Now, that I'm eating right, I'm stuffed. And since I'm not doing it for bf anymore, I actually want to do it. I'm so excited! I've never been excited about excercise. And, I cant wait to see the scenery at the end of the road!!!

Kat
Closed Thread