Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #286

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Happy Birthday, Ellen!!

I'm so sorry it's a day late! Hope you'll celebrate all weekend.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Aaaahhhh, almost lost this post because the thread was closed thank god it let me go back and save it!

Hello ladies...

JANE...the believe it part in my post was in response to your question about the money from you know who...and I will believe it when the check is in my mailbox, lol. Didn't know if you misread the post as I was a little confused...had nothing to do with Katies wedding.

ELLEN...did I miss that it was your BD? Sorry, A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Glad you guys made it to the gym.

TAMMY...have fun decorating your office...I bet it is going to look really nice when finished!

SASSY...keeping my fingers crossed for you sweetie...I know how much you would love a new job! And hope your back feels lots better! I will have to try the liqugels for sure.

MINDEE...little Marissa is getting right along, growing like a weed! Hooray for the taxes almost being done.

No special plans for the weekend...walking, baking a cake, walking, reading, walking and more walking, lol.

Have a good one!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Ellen!!!!

So I'm also a day late. Did you get pampered?

Not a lot going on today. I'm hoping for a day of just reading and kicking back.

Jane--Will you post a photo of Katie's gown when she gets it? I think the way they plan to do it is sweet and romantic and the idea of Neil walking w/her.....just love the idea!

Cristina--You're doing great w/the walking. Is the cake your baking for a special event or just for having cake?

Hello to the rest of you girls. I will try to keep up w/this thread as it grows.

Jhanai is wanting computer time, so I better get going. You all have a great weekend.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Tammy - your friend sounds like a smart lady, dispite the "Where's Waldo" factor, haha. I'll be stuck with a dress I most likely will never wear again. Thanks for removing the comment, lol.

Mindee - yay for the good report on 'Rissa. These babies are growing so fast!

Trish - how's it going?

Sassy - I'm proud of you, too, for applying for the job. If you're supposed to get it, you will. I like regular Advil, so I bet the liquigels are even better. I use the regular for my knee.

Cristi - oic! I did think you were talking about Katie's wedding, and questioning why we would spend the money on a dress when she's eloping. I'm glad you explained, lol.

Hi everyone else.

Katie and I picked up her bouquets today - one to carry and keep, and one to throw. Then we went to the shop of a woman who runs her own bakery, and ordered the big initial for the top of the little 1st anniversary cake. She's making all the cupcakes, too. Then we had lunch at Applebee's. I ordered the lite lunch, but had a few mozzerella sticks first.

Now I have to finish laundry. Oh joy. Have a good weekend, ladies.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Marti - yes, I'll post pictures. She said they'll have someone take their picture in Indy during/after the ceremony. I should hae taken pics of the bouguets! Well, I still can, and will post them. Have fun with Jhanai today. It's nice to have her around, even if you aren't doing anything out of the ordinary, isn't it?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  
One day at a time

JANE...no problem, I thought you might have just skimmed the post. I wouldn't second guess a wedding or why this or that or question why anyone would spend money etc...weddings are well worth ALL the money they cost no matter the size and I look forward to Josh & Charlottes! Whatever the do...Yes! You must share pictures! Okay I am confused about the cake...are they having cupcakes with a cake top? I've seen that done and also seen a wedding with heart shaped cookies!

MARTI...thanks, even though my back was a pain I still tried to walk. It was like not walking but I was moving, lol. The cake is for DD's Bd today..my baby girl is 24, yikes! Makes me feel old, sort of, lol. Enjoy your weekend with Jhanai.

Have a good day ladies...better get going to make that cake!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Cristi - I just didn't get it, lol. Yes, the cupcakes will be placed on a tier stand, with the bottom 3 tiers in graduated sizes, and the small cake on top. They'll have their last name initial on top. The baker has to order the intial - it'll be silver with a few "diamonds" sprinkled on it. All the extra cupcakes will be placed on trays near the cake. Happy birthday to Carrie! Can't believe she's 24 already! Hope she has a great day.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Jaded Ladies

DH's BIL called and woke us up this morning. He and his wife wanted to come over for a bit instead of us going to their house tomorrow after church. He and Tony had talked and planned for all of us to go out to eat for our anniversary, tomorrow but it turns out that his wife had already made other plans. So we changed our plans to go out next Saturday if the weather works with us. They found a bigger and nicer Costco over at Spartanburg, SC and they want us to see it. So little sleep and dragging today.

ELLEN!!!!
Sorry I'm late Some how I missed it being your birthday.

Jane -Yes, I am fine and I had no problem getting on 3FC today once I got a mouse that works. I had a wireless that quit working. The second one I've had. I hooked up a wire one to it. Sounds like you are having fun helping Katie get things together. The outfit I put together for DD wedding in October I have never worn again. I wear the brown pant suit that I bought I wore to the dinner to meet her new in-laws, but not the wedding suit. It was unique as I pieced it together, but I didn't like it and knew I wouldn't wear it again. Oh well.

Mindee - So glad Marissa's check up went well with no shots. I hope things will work out well for Brandon. I have a great nephew who had problems with hearing. Once they corrected the problem, he is doing absolutely great. No problems with him or for him. It is amazing how a thing like that can affect a child and change their life for the better when corrceted.

Sassy - Good luck with the new job; hope it works out for you. Hope you are feeling better.

Cristina - Have fun doing DD birthday. I hope she has a good one.

Hello to everybody else. Hope everyone has a great week end.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-26-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end today......just hanging around the house. we are in the process of planning Brandon and Marissa's birthday party. and now we are also planning a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad in August. so we have our hands full with party planning. And to think......we will have to do it all over again for October!

just a quick post since dinner is ready! pork chops......mashed potatoes.....stuffing. yummy!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #11  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Hello Ladies!!

Sassy--Good luck on the job hunting!!

Jane--I just found out that the bridal show at the country club that my dd is having her reception at is March 9th, 3 days after getting my eyes done I'll guess I'll be wearing dark glasses!! We really want to taste the food and cakes. If I look too battered and bruised, I'll guess we will have to ask for a private tasting. The cupcake cake sounds cute.

Ellen-

Cristina--have Josh and Charlotte picked a date?

Mindee--I'm so happy to hear that you are seeking help for Brandon. Working in Peds, I see so many kids having a little difficulty with their speech and the parents refuse to admit there might be a problem. You are a terrific Mom for getting him screened early.

Well Ladies, I've have had a very productive day. First we painted the office early this morning and it lookes great. While waiting for the first coat to dry, I went off with my sis to a "Bridal Trunk Sale" at a local caterer. I found an amazing taupe/latte/tan (whatever color you want to call it) dress with a 3/4 sleeve jacket (definitely not matronly) for only $75!! My sis didn't find anything, so we went off to David's Bridal (that place was a zoo with 100's of girls looking for dresses) and I hit the jackpot with a navy sleeveless dress with a shawl for only $100. My sis found a dress that she liked and ordered it. Came home and helped finish up the second coat of paint, ate a slice of pizza (only thing that was bad today) and cleanup up paint mess. Tomorrow I will do the baseboards and windowsills and probably do some shopping. I'm just so tickled to death that I found two dresses for under $200 for both weddings. I keep telling dh how much $$$$ I saved him with the dresses and not using a painter and his comment was "Well, I'm sure you will find a way to spend more!" Oh, he knows me so well.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies and to all that I missed.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Hello ladies, again!

Just trying out our new dsl to see if it is indeed fast, and I have to say so far, yes it is and I am lovin it!

TRISH...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY tomorrow! I love Costco and miss them! They don't have them here so I settle for Sams Club. Hope you got some sleep!

TAMMY...I almost forgot that you have 3 weddings to go to! Yikes! WTG on finding two dresses! They both sound nice. Josh Charlotte had a dat in mind, sometime in August but have since changed that. He doesn't know where or what he will be doing so they are thinking sometime between March & June with a simple wedding in Hawaii. They can't stand to be apart. Glad the office is coming along...you'll have to share a picture with us.

MINDEE...lots of BD planning for you missy. I bet your dad would love the surprise 60th though.

Okay, going to go post a little more and then off to try something else, lol.

Have a good rest of the weekend ladies!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:47 PM   #13  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, we managed to steer clear of any more kid incidents! Tommy was taking a box of girls clothes down to our cage in the basement, and slipped and fell down the stairs leading to the basement. He has a nice scrape on his back right in the middle, and a nice sized scrape on his tail bone area. I had gone to see the office manager after he came back inside, and she told me to grab some salt to put on the stairs again. I did that, and as I was coming back up the stairs she was walking with her dog to our front door to check on Tommy. She called him a little bit later and told him to come to the office on Sunday to file an incident report. He took some tylenol for the pain......when he wakes up again, and if he is still in pain, I will see if he wants to take some tylenol with codine that I was given when I had Marissa.

He would have gone to the hospital to get every thing checked out but right now he doesn't have insurance. He told me that if he goes in to see the office manager and she tells him to go and get every thing checked out and they will pay for it then he will. He is going to be nice and bruised and sore for a couple of days. His days that he works this coming week are Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, we shall see how things are tomorrow night and we will go from there.

Tammy~ Thanks for the reassurance. We have been wondering about it since his last birthday and their pediatrician told us just to keep an eye on it for six months and to see if he progresses any. We actually sat down early last week and discussed between me and Tommy about mentioning it to the doctor again. He started asking Brandon some questions that he should be able to answer for his age, and then said that he would tell them at the counter to get it all set up for us. the nurse came in with the number and told us to call them. so I am going to call them on Tommy's next day off and hopefully we will be able to get him tested soon. Brandon was diagnosed with failure to thrive when he was six weeks old, so we had asked the pediatrician if that has anything to do with his speech and he said that it didn't. That sounds like me and my hubby!

Cristina~ I am sure that he will. We were thinking of trying to figure out how to get him to come to it, and we figured that if we set it up for a restaurant up near them, that he won't suspect anything. So, now we just get to do preliminary planning and figure out where to have things done at. This place that we are thinking of getting is not that expensive and has a room that will hopefully fit our whole family in!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #14  
ugggg.....

Happy Birthday Ellen!!

Just a quickie for me again. I did go to the doctors and I have a bronchial infection and allergies acting up. I was suppossed to go to a baby shower with Teri but I don't know if I am going to make it.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Mindee - Sorry to hear of Tommy's fall. I hope he is okay. He is in my prayers. Also I forgot to answer your question about my DGS interview. He just had to interview someone 2 generations back from him about their life. Poor kid, mine hasn't been all that exciting or eventfull. I think he called me because Grandma was available for a quick one since he waited until the day before it had to be turned in to do it. He is in a special school for advanced kids and I understand it is very tough. All DH's grandchildren are in advanced classes and I've learned that no matter how smart they are that they are all the same. All kids procratinate. lol

Jules - Hope you get to feeling better soon,

This is going to be a quick hello. DH and I were supposed to go to church and then go out to eat, but we didn't make it to church and I don't think we will be going out. My stomach is not feeling very well and I am going back to bed. I will catch y'all later if I get feeling better. If not I'll check in tomorrow.

Hi to Everyone else. Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs to all.
Trish
Closed Thread