Old 01-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #1  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Default getting cocky with krispy kreme

i lost 10lbs! im so happy!
i didnt thingk it was possible but i have to admit somthing... im getting cocky and im scared im going to gain again!! i almost had a doughnut this morning! nooooooooo! ha ha, luckly i swerved away from that drive through window with seconds to spare then peeled out of that krispy kreme parking lot. A scowling young man in a Krispy kreme employee uniform leaned out the window shaking his fist at me and yelled "NEXT TIME MATH PUPPY, YOU WILL BE OURS"

well,.... okay, not REALLY, but it felt just as intense for me.

has this whole "getting cocky" thing ever happened to you ???
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/202/140

Height: 5'7"

Yes. Avoid places like krispy kreme.

LOL.. sorry I have no advice because I deal with this, too. But good job on not buying the donut!
nicolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Give that krispy kreme drive thru the finger, math puppy!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I worry about regaining all the time. And sometimes I do give in to temptation. I think it's important to celebrate the times we resist the temptation! Just not with food!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I can just envision the Krispy Kreme guy shaking his fist at a car speeding off - hilarious! Way to go!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #6  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb Are you kidding, math puppy?

I guard against pride because as the saying goes "pride goeth before the fall"

With 12 1/2 years of recovery from compulsive overeating I know that there are just certain places I don't go if I want to stay "clean". Trigger places like trigger foods need to be as far away from me as they can possible be. That gives me the peace that I need to live my life free of those doubting feelings like you are having regarding the recent weight lose that you have experienced. Why tempt yourself unnecessarily? Life has enough temptations as it is, right? Why add even more pressure to yourself? This is hard enough. Why make it harder?

HOWEVER, having said that, of course, I have had destructive moments but I don't allow myself for them to become hours, days, weeks or months like I used to.

Glad to hear you made the right choice "in the nick of time" but let that be a warning that you need to steer clear of Krispy Kreme and its cohorts in the future.

And, that is definitely one place where you can't eat just "one".
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

to you on flipping the donut the bird! That sounds like such a silly thing to say

Since I cut foods with sugar in them out of my diet, I've realized that I used to have a habit of eating a healthy meal, and then feeling like I deserved a sugary, fatty dessert Now, I save a piece of fruit for after I've eaten, so I still get the sweet, and the satisfied feeling that I've had dessert.

I would also eat healthy all day, and then overload on junk at night, telling myself that it was okayish because I was good otherwise. Or not eat enough during the day, and then binge on junk at night and just count in the calories. I may have ended up still okay for calories, but the junk made me feel awful.

Awareness is your best friend

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 01-26-2008 at 01:53 PM.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Good for you! I don't know if it's cocky - but, it's good.

I do understand what you're saying.There's a McDonald's I pass all the time. Used to be I couldn't pass it with out stopping and getting something to eat. Now...it feels so good to pass it without having to stop there.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #9  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

LOL please don't give in! That's part of the problem I am having...I get cocky and decide I can eat whatever I want..Yeah, doesn't work like that hehe.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #10  
Anime Cat Girl

S/C/G: 255/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

It happens to me all the time but I haven't been as strong as you were to drive away. Good Job! It's proof that you are really changing.
FluffeyNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Good for you!!!! Taking control of that situation!

Congrats on the 10 lbs WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!

Oh, there are times I have succumbed to that. What keeps me in line when I think "Oh I deserve to have that" is the rest of the weight left that needs to come off ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Heather is right, we have to congratulate ourselves when we resist. I just started doing this and it's made a big difference in how I think about food. Who would have guessed! At first it felt stupid telling myself, "Good job, you didn't give in and eat it. You'll be so happy in the morning." but, it works. I'm starting to automatically build myself up for not indulging and as I recall from when I was thin, that's how I felt when I turned away from snacks that I wanted. I felt a little thrill that I was able to control myself.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

I agree with Missy - it is a wonderful thrill to win the battle with myself. I'm terrified of regaining my weight since I've done it so many times before, but this time I know I can never ever go back to the way I used to eat.

Congrats on your 10 pound loss - that is FANTASTIC!!!!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #14  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

God, if I let myself pull in there I KNOW it wouldn't be for only ONE of those donuts! Some things are just better left alone, right?

I agree with you though--- that's something I'm focusing on this time around with my weight loss. I have been doing EXCELLENT in my new healthy life and am almost 15 pounds down in the first month... and I have to KEEP telling myself "Just b/c you lost those 5 pounds last week DOESN'T mean you get to have a dozen cookies"

If I let myself "slip up" then it could be a disastrous amount of time before I "straighten up" again. sheesh!

Good for you!! Small victories against food temptations lead to BIG victories against your waistline!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote