General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 01:08 PM   #1  

well, hi there, as i said i have had enough, enough of my nonsense... i lost 25 kg (yah me) 1 yr ago and then completely stopped !!
i am the happiest i have ever been in my life , but really want to stop the excuses and lose the final 25...
i am 29, female with 1 child and a wonderful partner.

------------------
Old 02-23-2001, 06:45 AM   #2  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Hi,

I've sent you a message but I wanted to make sure that you received my response.

I'm interested in being your buddy. My name is Jodie, I'm 28 and soon to be married. I've been struggling with my weight all my life. I could really use a buddy too!

I hope your having a good day.

Jodie
Old 02-23-2001, 07:12 AM   #3  

this is a test
Old 02-23-2001, 07:20 AM   #4  

hi there jodie
thanks for replying (my first)
well i have taken the big step back on to the weight loss road...
i can not believe it my self but i started one of those programes where they deliver all your meals for the week (individually packaged) I know it probably sounds lame and lazy ( but hey, thats how i got in this mess)i really need a kick start, so wish me luck

------------------
Old 02-23-2001, 10:30 AM   #5  
Groovy Canadian Chick

I don't think that's lame at all. I hope it works for you.

What kind of eating plan/diet did you follow when you lost weight before?

Have you tried Weight Watchers? That's what I'm attempting to do...again!

Keep smiling,

Jodie
Old 02-26-2001, 04:29 AM   #6  
Groovy Canadian Chick

So how did your weekend go? I weighed in on Saturday...I gained a pound

I hope to get back on track this week. I'm planning to visit the gym at least 3 times a week.

So what part of Melbourne are you from? My fiance use to live in Carnegie.

Hope to hear from you soon

Jodie

------------------
"Life's too short...just do it!"
Old 02-26-2001, 08:00 AM   #7  

ohh jodie
i am not too pleased to report that i did not last 2 days on the lite n easy programme (diet food delivered once a week) it was disgusting and portions were miniscule eg.. a salad and dinner roll for lunch - sounds ok, except the salad would have fit in a teacup, and it was revolting...
anyway there was a money back guarantee for the first week so no real loss (literally- i gained 1kg on the weekend (had to make up for my suffering with that food)
but on a high note i went to the gym this morning, second time since i joined 2 weeks ago- gotta go at work- be back this afternoon - liv

------------------
Old 02-26-2001, 12:19 PM   #8  

well i am back, quiet time at work...
well no dramas today, i have felt really well today for gyming it this morning, i promise myself to go again tomorrow..however i make no promises for tonight. i have this problem whereas if i eat something "wrong" even the smallest amount- i figure in my crazy mind- that i will forget today and start again tommorow......... real smart...

and yes i know carnegie very well i live 10 minutes from there in malvern near glenferrie rd. next to armadale. what was your man doing here ??
so weight watchers huh, so many people swear by them , yet i went to a meeting once but my problem seems to be portion control....
know what i mean.
anyway i am so rambling on here, talk soon
liv

------------------
Old 02-26-2001, 09:55 PM   #9  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Hi Liv,

Well it looks like the two of us are going to be working our butts off at the gym

I'm sorry to hear that the meals were disappointing. Maybe in a way its good, in that you can try and manage portions yourself, as you don't always get meals pre-portioned. When I originally started WW (for the very first time) I had difficulty with portions, however once you get going you seem to catch on. However, there are many different types of programs out there. Its just a matter of finding one that best suits you

Andrew, my fiance has lived most of his life in Australia. He worked as a Computer Programmer. His family are still in Victoria.
We visited Oz on Christmas 99. I loved Melbourne it reminded me of home. The Australian people are great...very friendly and fun to be around...very much like us Canadians...so I've been told I hope you have a great day.

Talk to you soon,
Jodie

P.S. Whenever I send you a message, I send it through the message board and not as a private message.

------------------
Old 02-27-2001, 01:33 PM   #10  

hi jodie
i enjoy arriving at work and seeing your message, however i guess the whole point of this excersize is to be really honest with each other...
so i will start, but first the good news, i went to the gym before work again this morning... even i am impressed with myself.
BUT even now i am fantasizing about icecream ( not that i will get any ! as my wonderful boyfriend simon, is keeping his promise- i made him swear on my life that he would not bring any junk food into the house)
even though he doesnt mind either way- he - of course adores me the way i am , however me whinging about my weight must be annoying to him....
what is your partners take on all this ?
i guess what i am saying is this afternoon i bought some chocolate i plan to eat tonight , away from simon....
what is your take on that ????

------------------
Old 02-27-2001, 09:41 PM   #11  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Hi Liv,

I went to the gym last night after school...and I was absolutely knackered. Oh well they say "no pain...no gain" I'm enjoying it.

My fiance is wonderful. He's very supportive and like your boyfriend, he loves me for me not my dress size. We're getting married in October (2001) so we're both eager to shape up. He realizes how difficult sticking to Weight Watchers is for me.

As for eating the chocolate...the only person you'll be disappointing is yourself. I'm not disappointed in you...I've been there. I know its hard to limit chocolate and other junk foods. But if you look around you can find food that is comforting and not extremely high in calories. I buy the miniature chocolate bars. They satisfy my craving and aren't very high in calories. Its also a good way of rewarding yourself.

Believe in yourself Liv, and you'll go far!

Have a great day

Jodie

------------------
Old 03-02-2001, 09:52 PM   #12  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Hey Liv,

Are you still out there? I hope your week went well.

Have a good weekend!

Jodie
Old 03-06-2001, 02:04 AM   #13  

Default so sorry

hi jodie
i am so sorry, i have been ill for last 2 weeks, bronchitis.
just back at work this week.- and am one of those rare people with no pc at home.
i have been totally negligent with my diet and excersize- for good reason i guess, how are you going ?
liv
Old 03-06-2001, 01:10 PM   #14  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Hi Liv,

Good to hear from you! I hope your feeling better I'm doing alright, not totally on track...never am I went to the gym this morning, so I'm feeling pretty good. I've just started a new subject in school...Bookkeeping. Its in the afternoons, which is great as I can go to the gym before class.

Are you planning continue dieting?

Look if you need to talk, you can email me anytime...I've been told that I'm a good listener

My address is [email protected]

Take care and keep smiling,
Jodie
Closed Thread