Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

Default Very disapointed!!!!!!

**warning a very angry girl here!!**

Im so pissed right now..Im sad,angry,hateful,sad,more angry,etc.etc.etc..I did pretty well this week,I felt good..I ate well,picked up more protein,and had some very healthy meals..I did have about 10 tortilla chips a few days ago,but other than that ate well..

My water intake was good..compared to what it was,its really great!!!My workouts..I upped..I started doing an HOUR long cardio walks,good sweat for this week...and what happens...

I loose 1 pd!!!!!!!!!!! ONE POUND!!!!!!!!! Part of me said,well I may be retaining water..but come one..what 5pds of water??? I must be waiting for a good "crap"...nope,had that all week..and I dont have 3-5 pds of crap in me!!!!!!....

I just wanted to walk away...but then...start where???where do I start,where do I begin..It is just very discouraging..when you do well,and you are so broken that you just need to see a little bit better of a pay off especially when you just get back on track...I have eaten crappy and now eating better...I cant starve myself!!!...

To be honest..I have never wanted to look into lap band as bad as I have today...sign me up!!!...

Im just sad..fustrated....It also scares me..I really didnt eat that bad at all..and my efforts were way,way,way better!!!!!!.It was a hard week..and this just kind of crushed my world..

Im sorry to go on..Im going to work out,but..I just want to hide..or break something,or have a real good fit,cry...something...something rather than eating...

*sigh* I could go on..but Im afraid..it would just be the same thing over and over...

thanks for listening to my vent..maybe tomorrow..it will show 12pds down!!HA!!!!!!..ugh...
Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

First off, calm down and relax. Stress is not good for weight loss!

I don't think a 1 pound loss is bad at all! Healthy weight loss should be 1-2 pounds a week. Weight loss is a process that takes time, and you need to be willing to invest that time and be patient.

What plan are you on? Can you give us a sample day for you? Maybe we can help give you some pointers.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #3  
linda

S/C/G: 238/231/138

Height: 5foot 1inch \and a quarter

god i feel so sad for you. you have to remain positive and not dwell on how you feel this week. next week may be a bigger loss, well done on the lb off, at least it is not a lb on, try the thread what keeps you positive?
linda25590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

For me a lot of my weight loss was more of a woosh then a steady decline. I'd flucuate up and down a pound or 2 a week and then one day I'd weigh myself and I'd be down 5 pounds. Of course I only weighed myself once a week at that time. It happened like that quite often, I never was good at a steady decline. But it did work out to about 1-2 pounds a week in the long run.

Give your body a chance to get used to the new activity levels.

Sarah in MD
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

One pound is right in the healthy weight loss range! While I love The Biggest Loser, I think it has conditioned us to think that we should lose large amounts of weight every week. Doesn't happen that way in the real world.

Can you be happy getting to your goal losing one pound a week? Everyone is in such a hurry to lose weight, but losing one pound consistently for one year would be an awesome feat!! Losing weight is partly mental--get in the mindset that you're going to be happy seeing any loss on the scale and that a week with no loss will not be disappointing if you know you've eaten healthy and worked out. Our bodies have their own timetables.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

It's one week! You need to accept that this is going to take a long time. That 75 pounds is going to come off 1 or 2 pounds a week for a very long time. There's also going to be weeks where you do everything right and nothing comes off at all. It can suck but you need to think long term. I know it's hard right now but if you lose that 1 pound every week you'll be very near goal next year at this time.

You say you ate well. What does that mean? You can make good choices and still eat too much of healthy foods. Are you counting calories, weighing things or are you estimating? Being off by a 100-200 calories a day is very easy and can make all the difference.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/242/175

Height: 5' 10"

Don't beat yourself up. A 1lb loss is fantastic! A couple of weeks ago I heard a great poem, at least I think it was a poem, about if you lost just 1 lb a week for a year how much you would be down by each holiday, for instance by the 4th of July you'd be down 23 lbs and by Halloween you'd be down 40 lbs! That's not a bad goal.

Take it easy on yourself. This is hard work and the scale isn't going to tell us what we want everytime we step on it. Keep going and eventually it will.
hegilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #8  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

A disappointing weighin is so frustrating. Over the past year I've learned that I can't control what my body is going to do, only what I eat & how much I move. My diet is very strict & pretty spartan & when I wouldn't lose much I was so frustrated. I figured I was some sort of weight loss anomaly that just couldn't lose weight no matter how well I stuck to my diet & exercise regime. And then there was that plateau that lasted for weeks.

Time passes though. I stuck to my program & the scale started moving again. Some weeks only 1#, other weeks up to 4#s. The biggest thing I learned was that if I gave up during those frustrating times I would still be 284#s.

Maybe you could review your eating/diet? That's where tools like FitDay come in handy as sometimes you are having more than you realize. Sometimes a diet isn't a good fit & a new one will do the trick.

The weight will come off...just not when & how quickly we want it to!
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

After posting this I felt a bit silly,but yet..like a bit of a weight came off,ok,not literally however it did feel good to take it out here rather than on the cupboards!!!

I did also take it out on the treadmill and just did 30min then some weights,and I feel alot better as well..I mean its good that my neighbors are not that close..I cried,and then swore..and Im not sure as to what worked best!!!

your right,its a pound off..not on,off..and you aare also right about this is not a race,this is my life...if there is a race to lose the weight faster then there is a race to end my life faster...and well..I just want to be happy..and I think the fustrating part is this week I felt as if it was really hard,and the hour long cardio was very hard,doable,but hard..and I guess when I did that much,I just felt that 20pds should have fallen off some where!!!HOWEVER,I do feel a bit better in my clothes,and my face has no breakouts,and I do have more energy..and I did feel more happy this week...so that is huge!!!!

as for my eating,I have been trying to keep track..

breakfast was one cup of Kashi cereal with skim milk

snack,10 almonds and a protein shake (atkins) 160cal

lunch,was a chicken cesear salad..but I felt like gagging..so I took one slice of organic whole wheat bread with flax,and made a sandwich,put the chicken and lettuce on it and a slice of tomatoe and mustard..then salad

10 almonds..
5 tortilla chips with lime..they are gone today..

oh and coffee 2 cups,sweetner..blk

dinner was two drumsticks no skin,and some whole grain rice with a fat free cheese sauce,but it was only 1/2 cup and about a cup of broccolli..

my water in take was about 6-8 glasses..

so,maybe Im not eating enough..I just dont know..but I do feel better after having a good walk and a little itty bitty fit....(good thing its indoors!)

But everyone is right..yes I plan to go on a holiday..but I do this every year,vow to lose weight,but I make it into an unrealistic goal..and your right,if I give in to every weigh in that is fustrating,I WILL be the same weight..and I HAVE DONE THIS!!! I just want the weight off..but,I have to earn it off...

thanks everyone for just listening,and being here for my really down day..I still feel sad,but better or more humble..and it feels good to be able to share this and not be judged...thank you,thank you and thank you..

a friend..
Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

I don't know, it sounds like your eating is OK. What plan are you following? Are you counting calories? Journaling your food? Journaling will definitely help you realize what choices you are making (for instance, did you have regular caesar dressing on that salad? Maybe you could have picked something better, like a light vinagrette).
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Lannae - first congrats for getting upset and working out! Thats a great way to work out those emotions!

If you don't mind me commenting on your diet, I would say more fruits and veggies! They have been my life saver! I focus on having about 10-15 servings of veggies and fruits and find that once I'm doing that I don't have to worry about too much else and the weight WANTS to come off. Your protein is really good - infact I could learn from that! Keep working at it - the weight will come off!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 403/250/150

I know how you feel. I've had a really good weight loss so far since I started my diet and I weighed today and it said I havnt lost anything this time. I was so upset and I also thought the whole "crap" thing lol thats so funny but anyway nope not it and it annoyed me but then I realized there is ups and downs and sometimes you wont see any numbers, I'd kill for your 1lb! lol Just stay possitive and the other girls are right, 1lb is a healthy good number. Don't be discouraged. Keep on going!
violaholladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

A one pound loss is a victory. I think most everybody would like to lose weight FAST FAST FAST but it doesn't usually happen like that. I lost 70+ lbs, the most I ever lost in one week was three lbs and I was completely over the moon. I usually lost 1-2 lbs and I had many weeks where I didn't lose any weight at all.

Please don't be frustrated, you are walking, drinking water, eating well - your health is more than just a number on a scale. You are doing lots of things that are GREAT for you and preventing disease and living a long time that have NOTHING to do with the scale. Have you taken your measurements yet? Comparing measurements or trying on formerly tight clothes can be a good morale boost that isn't scale related.

Weight loss doesn't really happen in a straight line and the body has no idea that to you a magical 7 days have passed and it should be producing results. Please try to tie your feelings of success to factors that YOU can control. Like working out, eating right, getting enough sleep. The weight loss will come, getting frustrated might lead to giving up and that is a terrible thing indeed.

Your menu looks okay to me - maybe some fruit? It provides valuable nutrients
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #14  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I dont know who said it but somebody on 3fC had something like "no one is exept from the basic laws of phsyics!! If you're exercising and eating right your body WILL show results" It might take longer than we'd like... and definitly isnt predictable (which really bugs me) but if you keep making the effort you WILL see results. hang in there!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #15  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I second the other poster---- more veggies please!!!! I mean, technically, if you follow Weight Watchers (I do very loosely, but I calorie count mostly) fresh green veggies (non-starchy) count as FREE in your diet. You can eat a lot and not "count" them in with the rest of your food. That's how important they are for your diet success and health.

Focus on HEALTH and not just on WEIGHT. That's the key this time for me, and I'm finding that I can eat MUCH more food and feel MUCH less guilty about it. I'd rather have a roasted chicken breast, a huge plate of broccoli w/ spray butter, and some rice than a lean cuisine ANY day. More filling, better for you, and healthier!

Think of ways to get natural good foods in and not focus on the "fillers" and "low cal" snacks.

Good luck!

(And I hear ya about the whole "crap" thing... I weighed in this week at only 1.5 pounds down and I was like WTF?!?!!? I was soooo GOOD! But I hadn't crapped in a day or so... and the day AFTER my weigh in... well, let's just say I would have been 2 pounds lighter if I took that as my official weight. )

TMI, sorry folks!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote