Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 07:30 AM   #1  

Default Stay at Home Moms #44

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, as we restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! We welcome newcomers as well as all of our regulars!
To see old thread click here
----> Stay at Home Moms #43<------------

Last edited by sheila061968; 05-08-2002 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:37 AM   #2  

HI all
I had to start a new thread because .....it was too long .. Anyway hope you didnt mind
Cant stay long have alot to do but I figured when I got back it would be too late to start a new thread with a easy for me to catch up on things clickable..
I will be back later just wanted to stop in quick and say HI!!!!
Take Care
Sheila
Old 05-08-2002, 03:11 PM   #3  

hey everyone, how is your day going? I am op, gonna do tae bo again cuz, i woke up too late!! BUt tae bo will make up well!! I had my fat free turkey dogs, and they were great!! Well, gonna keep this short. later.

Latisia
Old 05-08-2002, 07:11 PM   #4  
hangin' in there...

Latisia.... who makes the fat free turkey dogs? Are they any good? I had Oscar Mayer fat free weiners last week... I didn't think they were very good. I've gone back to the Healthy Choice low-fat ones... very tastey!
Old 05-08-2002, 10:09 PM   #5  

hello, just gonna answer the question, Jen, the maker of the turkey(fat free) hot dogs is ball park, and they are pretty good ( much better than oscar myer!! well goodnight to all!! ttyl!!

Latisia
Old 05-09-2002, 07:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation

Good Morning!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a few days. I've been extremely busy! Sheila: Thanks for opening up a new thread & also for the clickable. It's awesome how you do that. When my life slows down, I'll have to try & figure out how to do that. DH & I are walking around like zombies due to lack of sleep. We've been running non-stop since last Friday preparing our downstairs for our new flooring. I had to take everything out of the closets, pantry & we had to remove the fridge, stove, washer, dryer & even the toilet! Do I have to say anymore?
The contractor started yesterday & was able to get the kitchen completed. It looks gorgeous! We decided to go with wood all the way through the hard surface areas. I can't believe how much larger our kitchen looks. It also looks so warm & inviting. As for me: I've been staying OP for the most part. (I had a Turtle Sundae breakdown the other day.) I'll blame it on being low on sugar!
With all the running around that I'm doing, I managed to lose another pound. This brings me to a total of a 15# loss since Easter. Oh!, I finally found the favorite picture of me & if DS & I can figure out how to post it, I will. (Once our lives get back to normal.) It's kind of weird though because I'm still a little bit heavier than in the picture & have already decided that I'd like weigh at least l0# less than in the picture. I then w/b down to the weight that I was before quitting work 4 yrs. ago. It sounds like for the most part, you all are in pretty good spirits. Wow! I can't believe that it's 6:00 a.m. already! Time to wake ds up for school. Sorry I can't address you all personally & I promise to do so later. Take care all!
Old 05-09-2002, 09:21 AM   #7  

Hi all!!!
I know I been lurking but I been not doing so great on OP and was afraid to admit it..(Well since I really dont have a program to begin with I guess it will be my version of OP) I been on a pizza and onion rings binge..Been too tired to cook and so I went for the cheapest food around..
FRECKLES Doing that clicky thing is as easy as painting your toenails..If you can copy and paste you can do a clicky thing..If anyone wants to know how (if they dont already know) just ask I will be more then happy to post it..I would now but I dont have much time..
I been up since 4:30 and I think I need a nap.. I get about 3 hours sleep a night since hubby switched shift I need to adjust.. (My downfall is when he worked night I got addicted to a few shows "ally McBeal "(reruns nightly which I know that show is in its final season at its regular night but I know by watching rerun I can see everything from the beginning) and "The Sheild" (tuesday nights at 10pm) I would tape it but since I got the new digital box the cable guy didnt hook up my vcr to the box so all I tape is static..When I can get one of those dudes here I will tape my shows and watch them when I can..
I am not repeat NOT allergic to the firballs.. After lots of think I was itchy BEFORE the little buggers came to my home..
Well I am going to take a few winks then I can think of more of a post..
Take Care
Sheila
Old 05-09-2002, 03:01 PM   #8  

Default quote from Spryng

Quote:
Originally posted by spryng
Well it's confession time
Tuesday night I went over my fat grams and it was fast food AGAIN!!! I had a list of every restaurant except one and of course that is what my DH brought home. So I over ate. Yesterday I didn't stick to a low fat diet it was more of a low cal but not that low. I ended at around 1600 or so cals. I'm going to confess something. I know I really liked Low Fat eating. I liked it alot. But to tell you the truth I'm so tired of dieting. I'm tired of eating "certain" things and weighing so often. I hate depriving myself of favorite foods when we go out and thinking about food all day long. So I talked it over with my husband and I think I'm just going to do portion control and exercise. I will use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate when I eat. I will still buy low fat foods and such (I prefer the taste anyway ) But I'm not counting calories or fat or weighing in anymore. I'm going to measure success by the way my jeans fit. If they are getting tight I will cut back but if they continue the way they are or get loose then I know I'm doing something right. I will weigh but only once every couple of weeks. I'm putting the scale out of sight. I've been dieting for such a long time (almost a full year non stop) switching diets often and feeling guilty when I go over my daily allowance. So I'm taking a break for a while. maybe in a month or two I will feel like doing it again. But I'm losing hair like crazy and I thought it was my BC pills but someone told me excessive dieting can make that happen. I'm still going to buy a treadmill and today I'm going to start some strength training. So I'm not giving up girls I'm just changing the way I lose weight this time. It will probably be really slow but I'm ok with that. Yesterday I ate what I wanted (including pizza) just to see if I could manage without a "specific" plan and I did good. I even got some exercise in so I feel good about it. Does this sound like I'm giving up? I don't feel I am. I just need a new approach. You know??
Anyway, I guess I'll get off here. I'll check back in later.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:03 PM   #9  

Default quoting Lilbit

Quote:
Originally posted by lilbitOsunshine
Hi everyone!!!

Ginny~ I'm glad to see you posting. I missed you! What is your theme for the birthday party? Hope you can get outa neutral soon!!!

Gemini~ I'm glad you are back posting too! Happy Birtday too! When was/is it?

T-girl~ How are things going? Are you seeing results from the tae bo?

Spryng~ I made the same transition as you. I don't count calories or fat anylonger. I am cutting all portions in half. I still get on the scale. Good luck! Are you still going to post? I hope!
Old 05-09-2002, 03:05 PM   #10  

Default A Spryng Quote

Quote:
Of course I'm still going to post!! I have made great friends here and even if I was going to put on 20 lbs I'd still post. I'm not going anywhere, just changing my dieting approach.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:07 PM   #11  

Default Lilbit Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by lilbitOsunshine
@ myself! I have been really weird lately. I'm not sure why I said that to you Spryng
I sorda felt like I didn't belong here anymore since I'm not dieting anymore.
It's my insecurities. I guess I was wondering how you felt about it all?
What do all of you think?
Old 05-09-2002, 03:09 PM   #12  

Default Spryng Quote

Quote:
Misty you will always be welcome here whether you are dieting or not. In fact even if you hit your goal weight you will always be dieting to maintain. It's a never ending process!! So in my humble opinion you are greatly appreciated! Please don't quit posting ok??
My day is going well so far. I had a bowl of bran flakes with fat free milk for breakfast. I still feel like I am on a low fat low cal diet. But I didn't measure my cereal or milk nor did I look at the nutrition panel (a hard habit to break) But I know I can do this.
Last night was a doozy for us. We had a massive thunder storm roll through at about 3:00 this morning. My DH got up to check the weather on TV and we were right smack in the middle of a tornado warning!! My DD (2) was really scared and ended up in bed with me, and I was so afraid. We live in a double wide, not the safest place to be when there is a tornado on the ground. But there wasn't anywhere for us to go. So I clutched my kids to me and prayed very hard. I was crying and my DH was pacing and then it blew by. Just like that. Gone. Even the rain and wind stopped. Talk about prayers being answered. I told my DH that if I'm going to be that scared everytime a storm comes through because of the type of house we live in then I'm MOVING. or we need to invest in a storm shelter. But they are so expensive. Needless to say when we all went back to bed my DD came with me and wasn't tired anymore so she spent the rest of the night waking me up by playing with my hair or arms and such. I am so tired today from all that. Nap time is coming up and I think I'm going to steal one too
Anyway, they are calling for more storms the next three days. I hope they are mild. Or I'm staying elsewhere.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:11 PM   #13  

Default T-Girl Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by t-girl
Hey all, how is your day, I am d oing great, but didnt get to tae bo early!! Gonna do it in a min though!! Misty, I am seeing more results now from the tae bo, I put on those 18 capri pants, and they honestly are tooo baggy. Also i just feel better, I wanted to tell you too, you are welcome here also no matter what you are doing! We love to hear from ya!!

Thaks Ginny for the support, and helpful words, dont know what id do without tae bo!!LOL

Happy Birthday, Jen, I know it feels good to get that jewelery back, Have a nice on!!

Spryng, Well girl, you just have to do what is right for you, and what you feel comfortable with, Just because this (low fat) works for me, doesnt mean it will work for you, or lots of people. I hope you do find the plan that you can stick with, thus leaving the dieting yo-yo!! I know it is hard, I have been there, as alot of others have!! I cant stand counting anything, so I don't. This plan is just programmed with me, but everyone likes/respons to things differntly, I wish you well, !! I really agree with you about the scale, it can set some people for failure, if used too much!! Well ttyl.. Take care everyone, !!

Latisia
Old 05-09-2002, 03:18 PM   #14  

Default Reason for my quoting

I hope you ladies didnt mind but sometimes some people cant use the clickables I put on here..(dont ask me I am computer illiterate) Anyway so that in case the link clickable didnt work I did the quoteing so that we can keep updated on all our FAMILY..(yes I added a clickable to come from the old thread to the new thread just now)
TGIRL- LILBIT- SPRYNG I hope you didnt mind me quoting your posts to this thread..

LILBIT dont stop posting, you are a success story and a wise one we can turn to for guidance on our journey..YOU Belong here ..
Well I had a tough copy paste day so I am taking a break and will talkto youall again tomorrow
Take Care
Sheila
Old 05-09-2002, 03:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Thank you Sheila for letting me know there was a new thread going. I had no idea.
I'll be sure to post here later. Oh by the way we have 6 new pets!! We finally set up the aqaurium for fish (I said g'bye to my crawdeds and let them go) So we have 6 fish now. I don't know the kinds. A bottom feeder, a black gold fish, two white clouds (I did remember that name) a black speckled one and a shark looking one (all freshwater) So anyway, they are all doing great and the tank looks really neat with them in it. I want a few more different varieties and some more plants and it will be perfect. I also am wanting a ferret. I had one before I got pregnant with my first baby. His name was Cocoa. He was so adorable. I sold him before I had her. I wasn't sure if he'd be ok with her. Now I regret it. I miss him. So I want another. I don't know what has gotton into me lately, I have just been wanting pets like crazy. We have the turtles, the bunny, the fish, and now I want a ferret. Strange huh??
Well anyway, my eating has been great so far today. On OP my own plan
I might go check out the bookstore tonight and see if there is anything that interests me.
I'll talk to you girls later!!
Closed Thread