View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
LizzieW

Height: 5'6"

My name: Liz or Lizzie
Job: Artist Management (okay, just for my DH, LOL). I used to teach at University, and worked recently at a major motion picture studio. But I'm happier now than I've ever been, working at home.
Relationship: Married (second time's a charm!)
Kids: one teenage son, two step-sons in their 20s
Pets: 2 snakes, 2 toads
Politics: Liberal -- Green Party; Life-long feminist and peacenik.
Education: BA and MA in Linguistic Anthropology. (I'm with the gal above who described that sort of thing as rendering one fairly unemployable...)
Books: Ursula K. LeGuin, Cormac McCarthy, Gene Wolfe, David Sedaris, David Foster Wallace, Patrick O'Brian, Tolkien, Don DeLillo, Shirley Jackson, Carson McCullers, Jonathan Lethem,many more...
Movies: I'm a Star Wars geek (the old ones), Alien, The Right Stuff, Fellini's Satyricon, Rashomon, Better Off Dead, M, Mad Love, Carpenter's The Thing, Cronenberg's The Fly, Shaun of the Dead,Haunting of Hill House, District 9, new Star Trek, many more
TV: These days I only watch Science/True Crime shows. Last regular show I loved was the "X-Files."
Comics: Hubby's industry...so, um, most everything non-superhero.
Music: I'm an old punk/goth/raincoat-brigader! I really dug the 90s grunge/riotgrrrl stuff. Now I like trance/electronica/trip-hop. Plus harder-edged alternative stuff. Also into a lot of modern classical composer. Vague, I know!
Religion: None. Never had any, and not likely to join up now.
Hobbies: Travel (Spain is my favorite country; I grew up in Uganda and Tanzania and would love to go back). DDR and my Wii. Drawing. Learning new software. Costuming.
Other Stuff: Pink hair, tats, and pierced my own nose in '84. Have a tendency (still! after all these years!) to mostly wear black. I use both sides of my brain -- but neither, when typing . I still smoke I know I know...that's next on my list. Home decor? Think Dr. Frankenstein's lab...
And of course, the reason I'm here: this once-bone-thin pale oldish punky-gal needs to lose a little over 50 lbs. I'm on WW Flex, and I love it as it allows DH and I to hit the pub occasionally. I was looking for a life-style change, not a diet, so I'm focusing on learning habits that I hope will last for the rest of my life.

Well, that's enough for now...see you all around the boards!
Edit -- still here in 2011!!

Next month you'll wish you'd started today.

Last edited by LizzieW : 05-12-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Updated for 2010, 2011 ;-)
LizzieW is offline   Reply With Quote