South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chatter

Yippee! I'm first this morning. I've got the beach towels spread out, the brollies opened and the cabana boys polished up and ready to serve coffee.

My parlour looks like a hospital room with the bed set up in the middle. Claire and Doug did it yesterday and I tested it out with an afternoon nap! I think I'll repeat that today as 4 AM is too early to be up. I dozed off on the couch right after American Idol last night, slept for an hour and then hit the real bed at 10 so I should be rested but.....

Today is a day of last minute things like plant watering, minor groceries and the tail end of the laundry. I will probably be offline for 5-7 days but will be back as soon as I can. I may get Ellis to pop in and post as I'll be sure to have her phone number with me at the hospital.

Have a glorious Hump Day. I may see y'all later.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie! Thanks for making a pleasant start to the day. Why are all the cutest cabana boys hanging around your beachchair, though?
Looks like everything is all ready for your recouperation, and I know you'll have a caring circle of friends to look after you until you are back on your feet. Our prayers will be with you tomorrow.

I have a load of laundry started, and will be headed out to Curves shortly. This afternoon Maggie and I will go shopping for a birthday present before picking up Audrey and going to ballet/tap lessons. For supper tonight, I'm going to try a new recipe for Red Lentil and Spinach Stew. The recipe says to buy extra because it's so good that I'll want to make it again tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:11 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oooooh, Linda, you will have to share that recipe when you give it a taste! Sounds wonderful!

Good morning, Ruth! Good luck with all your last minute things. We'll be thinking of you!!!

We just got back from AWANA and the kids are brushing and flossing before bed. Had a good day. Two weeks until we leave Asia! I can't believe how quickly this year has gone!

Off to tuck in the wee ones and then I'll be back.

Kara
Old 01-23-2008, 07:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone

Ruth Thanks for the coffee . We'll be thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

Cottage The stew sounds yummy. You'll have to let us know what you think.

Kara Yay for the Germany move. Have a great day.

Well work has been awful. You know when you have those days where you just want to quit and the only thing keeping you from doing it is the mortgage payment. Just like that... And apparently the wedding is now completely off and ex-DF (did I do that rght Kara?) has made that decision while not speaking to me for 8 days. I guess all the men in my life have gotten together to determine I need more stress.

Have a great day ladies.

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 01-23-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, Dawn. You can still call him "DF" and we'll all just know to use another situation-appropriate "D" word. I'll get 'im for ya. He clearly doesn't know what a jewel you are!

Kara
Old 01-23-2008, 08:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Ooooh, Ruth, I love my cabana boys all polished up! No DH around to get in the way either!
Dawn, I'm sorry you are having a rough time at work and at DF. He doesn't know it yet but the last thing he wants is a bunch of chicks after him.
Nighty-night, Kara.
Have a great one cottage! Looking forward to hearing the recipe review.

I've got a crazy day ahead. Lots of work, kids at home. Both are having friends over, but as their parents work, I'll be doing the running (Hey, wait a minute! Don't I work too?). DD is volunteering at the nursing home this AM with my mom. Science projects to finish, and a town meeting tonight. DD1 has a flat tire, so we've got to get that fixed. I'll be glad to crawl into bed tonight! I know it'll be a great day though, because I've got leftover taco bake in the fridge for lunch.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:26 AM   #7  
Faith in me

Good morning ladies

Ruth we're all thinking of ya!

Well I got home yesterday only to find my DH had eaten most of my peanut butter cookies!!! He left me a couple...ugh! lol The stinker. Anyways I was upset to hear about the actor Heath Ledger passing away. My little brother texted me about it yesterday as I was leaving work. What a tragedy, he had a lot of talent. Anyways, I'm trying to decide on what to have for breakfast this morning. I close at work today, should be interesting. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!

Last edited by HistoryChick; 01-23-2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: I hit the wrong button and it posted before I could finish lol
Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

And the day gets better. DS just started vomiting, and I'm not feeling too good either. Hoping it's just the power of suggestion with me. That taco bake suddenly doesn't sound so good. In any case, I think I'll call my manager and take a sick day.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-23-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Chicks....

Ruth- will be thinking of you. Take care and hope you get all the little things done today.

Cottage- have a great day, busy as usuall. Enjoy the new soup.

Kara- I love tuck in time.... lol. Have you started packing yet. You must be getting excited.

Thin- MEN, grr, hugs to you.

Schmoodle- big hugs hope you are feeling better soon.

Historychick- do men ever think with their minds or just their tummys. lol. That sounds like something my dh would do. I have to hide things that I make or buy just for a me treat. Have a great day.

Me-- Went to a latin line dancing class last night. What fun. I also jumped on the scales this morning. After I said I would not but I am happy to say that I am down 2 more lbs. Yeah me. Phase 2 is not to bad right now. I have added fruits back, and this morning had a bowl of cereal. I am trying to make sure I get lots of fiber. Well so far so good. Must dash and get some stuff done while I am waiting for the wee ones. Love having a few hours of having the house to myself. Take care chicks.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #10  

Thanks Kara & Schmoodle I'm feeling better already. I'm not sure if it was the frying pan smilie or the mental image of angry chicks chasing him down

Jess I agree that is sad about Heath Ledger. I feel very bad for his daughter.

Schmoodle I hope you and DS feel better.

O.K. I'm off to work. It's raining here and us southern Calfornians get confused while drving in the rain. 1/2 of the people go about 100 mph like they're afraid of the water and the other 1/2 go about 5 mph trying to figure out how where the water is coming from Have a great day.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning south beach chickies

Ruth you sure do know how to find the best looking cabana boys. You will sure be missed for those 5-7 days you are out. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Cottage can you do a lil extra at curves for me since I still can't workout for another week

Kara glad you guys had a great day. Are you getting excited about the move?

Dawn take a deep breath and don't let him get to you he will wake up and realize he's a crazy fool

Schmoodle hope you and ds

History hope you have a great day at work. Tell dh next time the cookies are for you.

Me - yes there is work today and then I finally get to go meet my baby cousin who was born 2 weeks ago per doc wasn't aloud to be around him due to the mono. Then per dh I gotta rest.

Check back on you chicks later.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #12  

LC Simulposting Thanks for the hugs and for the 2 pounds lost.

Gonna Breathing a little deeper. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 01-23-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

LC sorry I missed you. Line dancing what great exercise. Hooray for that 2lb loss

Dawn which 1/2 do you belong to? Be careful out there
Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #14  

Gonna I forgot to mention I'm the ONLY one who knows how to drive here
Old 01-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

BRRRR! Thanks for the cabana boys Ruth they sure warm my thoughts on a cold morning!

Cottage The stew sounds good, I have a stew of my own going in the crockpot today.

Kara You must me getting excited for the big move!

Dawn I think it's the thought of all us chicks chasing him with frying pans that make you feel better. Your the best and deserve better!

Schmoodle Sure hope you aren't getting sick. My DD is home for the second day this week with a nasty cold. DH is mad cause I didn't make her goto school today but I told him they had 170 kids out of school on Monday, that is 1/3 of their enrollment and part of the reason is because kids don't stay home when they should!

History MEN! I to was sad to hear about Heath Ledger.

LC Glad the scales are moving for you!

Gonna Have fun with that baby, nothing like a newborn to lift your spirits!

Me For the first time in I don't know how long I am looking at reaching my monthly goal on loan closings! 7 working days left and only 2 loans to go and they are both in the wrap up stages! We are looking at a busy Feb. with the fed lowering rates yesterday!

Have a great day chicks, check back later!
Closed Thread