Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 01-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #1  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Default New De-Lurker! News at Eleven!

Hello, 3FC! I have been reading posts here for a couple of months, and I feel it is time to introduce myself, say thanks for the support that I have received from just lurking & reading, and contribute to the love! I have been maintaining at about this weight for about a year, after many years of restrictive dieting using self-hateing methods and rebounding when I just could not stand the restrictive mindset any longer. "For every restriction there is an equal and opposite binge", indeed. I finally found a great eating-disorder therapist, and with her help and ALOT of reading about positive body image and self-exploration, I'm trying to keep it off the sane, happy way. I eat 1400 Kcal/day of whatever I really want, do yoga and some mild weight training (more than I did, less than I should) to keep the "creep" from returing. I am so glad to have found a safe, supportive site that recognizes that is is REALLY HARD to keep weight off, that counting calories in my head at the dinner table is not insane, and that this will be for life. "No, I do not want to eat that cake- I can not eat it just because I'm thin, it was REALLY hard to get here and I wil not jeopardize all of my soul-deep work when I am not even hungry!" Whew! See- I can even rant here and find others who will nod and say "you go, skinny girl"! Thanks again for being here!
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You go, skinny girl! Welcome!

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Circebee!!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #4  
Meg

Circebee!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
"For every restriction there is an equal and opposite binge"
Ain't that the truth sista ..... to 3FC
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Welcome, Circebee!!! Congratulations on all that you've accomplished. I hope to "see" you around now that you've de-lurked!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

Welcome, Circebee! I'm a transplanted (long ago) New England gal. I like your approach - both to losing and maintaining.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #8  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks, all! I'm so happy to have found this site- I even recommended it to my eating issues therapist so that she can pass the support along! She was so excited to hear about such a positive, strength-lending, back-rub-giving group of people!
-Circebee
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote