Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #1  
ktmbugg

S/C/G: 256/247/156

Height: 5'7

Exclamation New Oregon gal!!!

Hi everyone~~~
I joined today and am still trying to figure out how all this works so hopefully this will get posted! I have been battling with my weight since I can remember. I can't ever recall being under 220, maybe in my HS days. I am very motivated to get healthy and comfortable in my own skin.
A little history:
In 2005 my husband and I tried to become pregnant and couldn't after a year which at that time we decided to go to an OBGYN and she told me to quit smoking, lose 50 pounds (I weighed 285) and then she would discuss fertility options. My whole life I wanted to be a mom and I was desperate so I did what she said and 2 wks. after I hit my 50 lb. wt. loss mark guess what I WAS PREGNANT!!!! So now I have a beautiful little girl who will be 2 on April 1, 2008, go figure she was a April fools baby...lol.... I have yet to get back to my 235 pre-pregancy weight, trying sooooo hard, up and down I go, I am for sure an emotional eater and with our busy lifestyle its so easy to get off track! My first goal is to be 220 by her 2nd bday!!!
I have found the big bright red wagon and am on again and starting to go over the bumps that come with weight loss. Im three weeks in now and really have done pretty well but a little dissapointed today. I've lost 9 lbs. since Jan. 1, 2008 but this last wk. I worked out every day and did double work outs every other day. I'm writing down everything I eat and intaking 1600 calories and drinking about 88 oz of water a day. So I weighed today really expecting atleast a 3 lb. loss since my clothes fit better this wk., can see some changes in my face so I hopped on the scale more confident than ever and my heart was crushed when I saw that I only lost 1 pound after probably the hardest week of working out I have ever done. I know I lost inches but not seeing the scale go down really upset me. So I decided I need some support and feedback, is this normal???? Should I increase my calories? Or is my guess that I have lost inches this wk. rather than pounds right? I know by losing inches means I'm losing fat and gaining muscles BUT I have a lot of lbs. to lose to only be losing inches right now!! Any feedback much appreciated!! Thank you!!!
ktmbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

We are so glad to have you. Take a look here to get better acquainted with the 100 lb club.

Honestly, the hard work you put in will show, it's just that our bodies are unique and sometimes they have their own agenda. Just keep at it and when you least expect it, an extra couple will drop off.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

! So glad you decided to join us on this journey. Please post often so we can get to know you.

Many of us use the scale to validate our progress. Unfortunatley, the scale is a very fickle friend who doesn't always tell the truth! If the inches are coming off, the pound loss is just around the corner. Don't give up! If you do, you'll miss out on some amazing changes in your health and your body.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #5  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Hello! Welcome! Yes, the scale can be a brat sometimes..I know! Dont let it get you down. If you feel your clothes feeling better, thats great! You KNOW your making progress! I know the number makes you feel better, but your clothes fitting better is the true reward!

Your doing great, keep it up!

Where abouts in Oregon are you? Im in Portland
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. Scales seem to bring out the worst in many of us. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #7  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Welcome!! I agree with what all the other ladies have said. It does get frustrating not seeing on the scale all the hard work you did but it will be there, it just may take some time. Just keep up what you are doing and don't let a little thing like numbers on a scale keep you from living the best life you can live Good luck!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote