South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chatterings

Coffee's brewing, teakettle is screaming, help yourself to anything else. A new day is on the horizon, come and chat a bit before starting your day.

I'm going to Curves, and then cleaning the house before picking up Maggie. We just stayed in yesterday, and we got a head start on making our Valentine cards, then baked some banana bread (which I DID NOT even nibble!). I think today will be a shut-in day again, since snow is expected later this afternoon.

What's on everyone's agenda for this frigid day?

Old 01-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage and the Sleepy Chicks who are about to peck in.

I'm up but not at it so far. It is so strange not to have dog duties this morning - sort of lonely. Never mind, when I get Igor aka Iggie, there will be lots of dog/puppy duties.

I threw some pea soup into the crockpot late yesterday and let it simmer all night. That will be my breakfast because it sure smells yummy. I actually woke up hungry - nose hunger.

Claire and Doug are coming over around noon to shift furniture in the "parlour". I have a hide-a-bed that I want to leave opened out for naps when I get home from the hospital. Yes, hide-a-beds are uncomfortable but this one is just fine with my 4" slab of foam on it. Donna is coming to clean after the shift as you know about all the little surprises you find when big furniture is moves. We may even find some Lucy mementos like old bones or eyeglasses!

I have the oven on auto-clean right now and several loads of laundry ready to roll plus the fridge to clean out. There will be lots of "helpers" here when I recuperate so things need to be orderly. It feels like my mother-in-law is coming to visit.

Better stop talking about it and do it! If AnyChick is bored and wants a job, come on over!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the coffee Cottage Sounds like you had a nice day yesturday and today sounds like it will be the same. Bundle up and keep warm.

Ruth if I wasn't here in Florida and going through my own things/illness I would come help you.

Me- well this moring I am feeling physically better but I'm sufering bad from headaches and the case of the dizzies like I am going to faint. Seems like I get rid of one thing and something else comes up.

You ladies have a great morning and I'll check back in later
Old 01-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning... i have a minute thought i'd say hi....

work is busy
my own website is keeping me VERY busy.
SBD continues to be the best thing that ever happened to me. although my loss is slow, i FEEL great
Old 01-22-2008, 07:33 AM   #5  
Faith in me

Good morning all!

Well Day is getting off to a funky start...I made the belgian waffle and it stuck to the waffle iron...I sprayed it but it still stuck...go figure...I didn't get to make my peanut butter cookies last night so they are in the oven right now...How is everyone this morning? I'm off to work in an hour...I"m gonna make chicken devine tonight and see how that turns out. Well just wanted to say hello real quick this morning! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Woo hoo! Coffee! Thanks Cottage

Ruth - I'd be glad to come over if you'd move around the corner Soon you will be on the mending side of this.

GonnaBe - Sounds like being sick so long just wore you out. Hope today is even better than yesterday (no headaches!).

Kara - I know you're out there somewhere I was thinking of you this weekend - made a big batch of seitan. It may be my perfect vegetarian food.

I'm off to take pictures all morning again. I need to get those all done before I go on vacation. Also working on my presentation at the big community party Friday night. Eek! I'm not too keen on public speaking but will manage this one.

So not only has my scale moved at last but I'm 2 lbs below my goal for the month. I figure that gives me a little cushion for my vacation. I don't plan on going crazy but rural New Mexico isn't too vegetarian friendly so we will be eating lots of pre-packaged stuff from Whole Foods. I need to email the B&B person and let her know we won't eat baked stuff so if we are the only guests the first few days she can take a break

It's going to be go, go, go until I get on that plane next Tuesday

Have a good day Chicks!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:07 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Chicks oh Cottagethanks for the tea, I will have one huge cup with a little milk. I made banana bread too yesterday and had one little slice, but I can say I really didn't enjoy it.

Ruth- Take care of yourself, hope you get your todo list done.

Gonna- sending you big hugs hope you are feeling better today.

Nessa- Nice to see you. Hope all is well. Hope you are having fun with your website. What is it about, I am sure you have told me before but I don't remember.

Cindy- Yippee good scale news. Can I borrow yours cause mine are not budging.

Me Life has been crazy since Friday. Sat had to work at the dance studio, then was grocery shopping. My sister and her boyfriend came for the night we had supper and played the wii. I am proud of my self as I stayed OP, with the exception of a glass of wine. Sunday was a sleepy day and I have been working like crazy on my " Its a girl thing". But I am back today. Eating is going well, but the scales are not showing a loss, so I am going to stay off them for a week. Well a big Hello to the rest of the chicks to come. I will try to pop back in later.
History- Have a good day chick
Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

my site is in response to the old SBD site I was at... we had a falling out and I created my own space. then the old SBD board crashed in October (and is down again) and my board has really taken off. since it's a "diet board" i can't post the link here...

Ruth I hope the surgery goes well.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Aw, Cyndi, you're so nice! I hope your seitan is delicious!

Jess, I'm sorry to hear about your waffle woes. Hope the day improves for you! It only can with peanut butter cookies in the oven!!!

Nessa, So glad you stopped by!

Gonna, you get better, girl! I'm wondering if the headache is a side effect of the meds you're on?

Ruth, enjoy your friends and relations and I hope you don't find any squeemish-type surprises under your couch!

Linda, thanks for starting a tea kettle! I think I'll go grab myself a mug, actually! Last night I had a cup of decaffinated green tea with a spash of the DaVinci sugar-free vanilla and it was just perfect!

Had a good day here. My friend is leaving tomorrow so they were over for dinner for a last chat and good-bye. I stuck to my plan, even through the cheesecake dessert!!! (We need a wiping-the-forehead-whew-smiley!)

I did hear from my sister this afternoon that she had lost the baby at eleven weeks. She's OK. She understands in her head that everything is happening for a reason but in her heart I can tell she's still hurting. Any extra prayers you have for them would be appreciated, especially because she's a recovering bulemic and I'm sure this stress is difficult for her in dealing with eating issues as well.

Kara
Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Nessa slow weigh los is better than no weight loss. Good luck with your site

Have a great day Jess Enjoy those cookies

Cyndi Congrats on your weight loss

LC you have the right idea - show the scale your the boss

Kara lots of prayers coming your way for you your sis and your whole family

Be back in a bit...
Old 01-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks for the prayers, Gonna! It's hard to not be with your family during times when you want to just cuddle them up.

Phoenix, I was just reading through yesterday's thread...I think that if you're enjoying your whole wheat tortilla, you should just keep it in and watch the scale for the next week. I am 100% certain that one whole wheat tortilla a day cannot make you gain back four pounds. I'm sure it's just normal weight fluctuations. If you don't care about the tortillas so much, switch it out for oatmeal or another grain you like better anyway. My problem with wheat is that I get monster cravings if I don't pair it with protein, so I get most of my grains from oatmeal and, recently, brown rice . Think about it in the long-term...you're probably not going to give up wheat forever, so as long as you're eating it in moderation you should be OK. There's a great thread going in the Weight Loss Support section right now about water weight and all of the causes and the mechanics of it. Helped me understand the whole thing a ton better!

Kara
Old 01-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/256/180

Good Morning ladies,

I'm off today and it feels good. I love this website. I started SBD on 1/7 and my husband & I have lost about 8 lbs each and we are seeing a big difference. We started each the "good carbs" on Ph 2 yesterday with the chicken papella(chicken & brown rice w/roasted peppers & guyo seasoning). It was really good. I'm going to turn on FIT TV and catch a workout session. Talk to you later.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks. The house was cold and quiet when I got up this morning and no coffee waiting for me here. The cats were unhappy that breakfast was later than usual. None of us slept great and the kids are still in bed.

Thanks cottage, good coffee, got any banana bread left to go with?
mmmm, pea soup is one of my favorites Ruth. I would definitely have that for breakfast too. I know your house is quiet this morning too.
Dawn, do you think you overdid it yesterday? Feel better!
Nessa! So glad you popped in again. One of these days we should get together for lunch and shopping at Arundel Mills!
historychick, you'll love the chicken! Mmmm, one of our faves...
Cyndi, your presentation will be great, I just know it! You must be getting really excited about the trip.
littlechick, sounds like you are doing great in spite of your busy weekend. No way I could make banana bread and not eat it. That would be torture! I am avoiding the scale for the next three weeks just to see if I can!
Kara, so sorry to hear about your sister. That must be such a difficult thing to go through.

Today is work. DD has piano, and the bookmobile will be here later. Those things are all in walking distance, fortunately, because we are supposed to get some nasty weather later. Okay, I've got a telecon at 9AM, and I've got to go get dressed. I've got a thing about doing telecons in pajamas, just can't do it. I haven't eaten yet either. So you chicks have a great day! I'll pop back in later!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara, my heart goes out to your sister and all of your family. A tragedy like that is always hard to swallow. I pray with lots of love and support that she'll get through this sad time okay.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Milkduds, what's guyo seasoning? And how much do you love Fit TV? It's the best! I miss it!!!

Schmoodle, we're thinking about you all this week! Here's a virtual cup of coffee for you...

Thank you, Linda and Schmoodle. I'll have to give her a great big hugaroo when we get home!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-22-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Closed Thread