South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #1  

Default Going to back to P1 after a bad weekend?

I had several family gatherings this weekend to attend and in the process ate lots of no-no food. I kind of expected that it would happen.

Anyway, I feel like crap and want to get it all out of me as soon as possible so I can start clean again. I've been in P2 for two weeks now. Would it be okay for me to go back to P1 for two weeks again to get back on track?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #2  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Hi,
Im not an expert on SB or anything, I have only been doing it a few weeks, but I did read a Q&A on preventions website with Dr. Agatston.
Here is the question and answer.

Q: How many times can I repeat the first phase of your South Beach Diet?

Dr. Agatston: If you have a great deal of weight to lose and predominantly central obesity, you may extend South Beach Diet Phase 1 to 4 weeks, but please make sure you exercise as well to maintain your muscle and bone mass. Returning to South Beach Diet Phase 1 after being on Phase 2 or Phase 3 for a period of months is fine. I have done this myself after a vacation or other times when I have gained weight

Hope that helps you!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Mellie, I'd be willing to bet that if you jump back into a clean Phase 2, you'll be just fine. Your body is craving the good food! Isn't that awesome when you feel like crud from eating crud? It really helps me realize how I need to treat my body.

Kara
Old 01-21-2008, 04:49 AM   #4  

Kara - Yes it is wonderful that I want the good food! Its simply amazing how good it tastes and how easy it has been for me. My energy level really got a kick start and it's truly fun to know that I'm giving my body good fuel. My only concern is that I gained lbs from the trash food and I am afraid to step on the scale.

And congrats on training for your marathon!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:33 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Thank you. I am crazy.

I just wouldn't get on the scale for a few days. Give yourself a week to be back on plan and then see where you are.

One year ago one of my friends was training for a marathon and I seriously thought there was no way in anyplace that I was ever going to want to run that far. That was when I was struggling to run a mile at a time. Now I can do thirteen! But, I am crazy, like I said.

Kara
Closed Thread