Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 11:15 AM   #1  

Default New here!

Hi ladies! My name is Christy and I am 22 yrs old. I weigh 215 and need to drop 75 lbs! It is affecting my marriage life if you know what i mean! My DH is dealing with it well, but I have NEVER been this big. I just had a baby 8 months ago and that's when I gained all the weight. I used to weigh 140 before I got pg. My goal is 135! Need help!!!
Old 05-05-2002, 04:58 PM   #2  

[SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=darkred][COLOR=limegreen]Hi, Jake's Mommy. I am new to this site, too. I am 26 years old, and I need to lose 70 lbs. I put on 70 lbs within the past year and a half. I used to weigh 115 lbs. But then, for emotional reasons, I could not stop eating. I think it is particularly hard being young and fat. It is definitely less acceptable by society I am also concerned about losing weight because I start my new job in a new city in September. I'd love to be 115 lbs by September, but I know that it is not realistic.

How are you going about targetting your weight loss? I need some motivation myself. I used to be a gym junkie and very cautious about my weight. But then, boom, I just couldn't do it anymore. I also suffer from depression. That may have an impact on my avoidance of exercising. Honestly, I think that I would be obsessed with food even without being diagnosed with depression.

Good luck with everything.

Stacy
Old 05-06-2002, 05:02 AM   #3  

Angry

Hey Ladies!

I am also new to this group - I just joined this evening. I have decided that I really need to make a change in my life to get my weight to where I want it to be. I am currently about 215 and would like to be about 130 when I am done with my weight loss but a healthy weight would be fine with me also! It is hard for me because I do not have a lot of support in my life for this endeavor so I have turned to this board. Hopefully I can use the motivation here to make my weight loss! I am moving to a new area in July and I am going to have a free fitness center in my apartment building which I think will do wonders in helping with my weight problems.

I look forward to chatting with you all on here and helping to motivate each other!

Kristina
Old 05-06-2002, 11:06 AM   #4  

hey, guys. good morning.

what do you guys think about writing down daily or weekly goals for ourselves (i.e. how much water, gym goals, etc.).

1. minimum of 8 glass H20
2. 20 to 23 pts. on WW
3. 20 minutes walking
4. find 3 things to be happy about.
5. smile at leat 3 times today

hope everyone is everyone a great day.

bubble gum
Old 05-07-2002, 03:05 PM   #5  

How about you start this in a new thread? It would encourage more people to participate.

-Tanya
Old 05-08-2002, 12:05 AM   #6  

Hey all,

I think that it would be a great idea to put weekly goals up here and keep track of them and let us motivate each other to make our goals.

Here are my goals for the week
1. Walk for 30 minutes on Wed, Fri, Sun and Mon
2. Drink 64 oz. of water every day
3. Eat at least one serving of vegetables a day
4. Eat less snacks

Hope to talk to you all soon! Keep up the good work!!

Kristina
Old 05-08-2002, 10:45 AM   #7  

Hi everyone I'm basically new here too. I've been lurking for a while now but seeing some new 20-somethings has made me feel very encouraged to post.

In terms of weight, I currently weigh 200 pounds. (I'm 5 7 1/2 feet tall). My goal is to lose 45 pounds before my next birthday (the big 2-6 in October). Unfortunately I have had a set back and will not be able to exercise or eat certain veggies due to a medication I will be taking until the end of this month . I am looking forward to hitting the gym again real soon.

My highest weight was 230 pounds. I used to be involved with someone in a very bad relationship. We never really went out and did things. However we did find time to eat junk. Once I ditched him for good, I also ditched the fast food and most junk food and 30 pounds came off without trying...now to work on the other "baggage" I have gained .

In the past, I always had problems with how much I weighed. Now that I know what it's like to be overwieght, uncomfortable and just feeling bad about myself, I will never take good health for granted again.

The one thing I have learned is to be patient because I did not gain all this weight in one day and that I actually have to put work in to move to a healthier lifestlyle. I too have suffered from depression on and off over the last two years and know that for me exercise is not only keep to my physical health but to my mental health.

I know one major motivator for me is understanding that at 25 I should not feel OLD and out of commission. Watching older people moving and becoming more improved has made me want to start now so I can feel better in the future.

Thanks for listening!

PS I forgot to mention that the one thing I have found very helpful is keeping track of what I am eating. Although I do not always have perfect food days (and the exercise restriction is killing me) it's good to see what areas can be improved. I use www.fitday.com which I have found to be helpful (and free).

Last edited by phoenix1976; 05-08-2002 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:17 PM   #8  

Hey All!

Phoenix1976 - Great to see you starting to post - I am pretty new here and I am looking forward to meeting new people! It is too bad about your setback but I am sure that you will be able to overcome it and make your goals!

Also, thanks for telling us about fitday.com - I went there today and it is awesome - I look forward to being able to journalize about my weight loss journey and seeing my progress!

As for me, I have not been doing too well - I do not eat very much but I just graduated from college and have not been doing much of anything lately! Like I hardly even leave my house because I am so tired from what I used to do! I am getting a job next week though so that will help a lot I think!

Hope everything is going well with all of you !

Talk to you soon!
Kristina
Closed Thread