Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #16  
Smartypants

Well, I would think it is obvious "cynical sue" that emotional eaters are not going to benefit from a suppressant. Nor would people who continue to eat after they are full. I however am not one of them, which is a good thing For those of us who truly are hungry, and truly need some help, though I think it's a grand idea. Meg I'm not familiar with that product but I can tell you that I take 3000 mg of pine nut oil caps, no other additives in it, with my lunch and dinner meal, and boy does it help. I'm talking instant fullness. Now for lunch I have steamed broccoli or fresh green beans and carrots with a lean cuisine meal, and 2 clementines or a thick and creamy light yogurt. then, I'm still hungry, so I'll have one metamucil capsule, and 3 pine nut oil capsules (1000 mg each) and man, five minutes later I'm so stuffed lol. Not even five. I tried it without the pine nut oil caps just to see how much of that fullness was the metamucil, and then just having a tall glass of water too, and not much was. It helped though, don't get me wrong. But the pinenut oil is really tremendously helping. I guess the capsules, cause they're the soft kind you know the kind that almost instantly dissolves, softgels, kick in like immediately. But I have to do both the metamucil and the pine nut oil. I don't even want to see food for a good four hours at least. It is really helping me behave a lot, and all without the jitters or dangerous stuff. So try both and see what that does for you, I bet you'll find success too. Oh and guys...I've lost two lbs in the last two days I've been doing this, and staying steady at 1600-1800 cals a day.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #17  
Smartypants

by the way Meg that supplement only has 15% pinoleic acid, so I bet that's why it didn't work. I just got the real deal, no additives, nothing but the oil itself and it's also a much higher % of it. (see my link above to vitamin world where I got mine, but I'm sure any health food store has it). Worth a shot

And Steele, the pine nut oil softgels are going to do a lot more for you than the nuts themselves, just cause there's more of the pinoleic acid in the softgels (and they are only 30 cals for 3 softgels as opposed to 180) It's also a lower cost alternative for you, I paid about $15 for 90 softgels from vitamin world.

Last edited by txangelgirl; 12-13-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #18  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I just ordered some. I hope it helps!! I read 2 five star reviews on Amazon that sounded good. I need help in the afternoon and before bedtime-that's when I get the snack attacks. The 2 reviewers on Amazon said they only needed to take one capsule and it curbed their appetites.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #19  
ddc
getting back to 140

I received these this week and I have to admit that with the holidays and all the goodies surrounding me, I have not tried them yet. I'll give them a try after Christmas, when I'll be desperately trying to shed the lbs that I gained over the last week or so. Merry Christmas to all!!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #20  
Smartypants

So sorry I've been scarce, with the holidays I guess I disappeared lol. Even though I did allow myself treats, I was thinking weight loss was out of the question lol, but whaddya know I STILL lost 8 pounds!!! So that's a total of just over 10 so far that is permanent yeahhh. I'm so totally thrilled...unbelievable. Donna what product did you buy btw? I just got the all natural 100% softgels for pine nut oil, but it sounds like you might have gotten something different? Anyhoo, a VERY happy new year to all of you!!! Let's rule 2008!!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #21  
ddc
getting back to 140

I bought the Life Extensions brand that was on the first link at the beginning of this thread. Each softgel has 1000mg Korean pine nut oil and the "serving size" is 3 softgels. I still haven't given them a really good try yet. I'm gonna take them this afternoon when my afternoon snack attack hits.
I'm glad you found something that helps you! I wish you continued success!
Donna
Old 01-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #22  
Smartypants

awesome!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #23  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by txangelgirl View Post
by the way Meg that supplement only has 15% pinoleic acid, so I bet that's why it didn't work. I just got the real deal, no additives, nothing but the oil itself and it's also a much higher % of it. (see my link above to vitamin world where I got mine, but I'm sure any health food store has it). Worth a shot

And Steele, the pine nut oil softgels are going to do a lot more for you than the nuts themselves, just cause there's more of the pinoleic acid in the softgels (and they are only 30 cals for 3 softgels as opposed to 180) It's also a lower cost alternative for you, I paid about $15 for 90 softgels from vitamin world.
I contacted Vitamin World to ask how much pinolenic acid was in their pine nut oil product and they finally answered me today. She said pine nut oil does not standardize pinolenic acid; however, it may naturally occur in the plant material. Since this is not a standardized product, they do not guaranteed it is present in any amount or that it contains pinolenic acid. This is standard to the industry.

So I guess this is going to be one of those situations where it doesn't matter what brand you buy and it's a roll of the dice from one capsule to the next. Unfortunately, this is the case with most supplements as an unregulated industry.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #24  
Smartypants

Well that's nothing new, IMO pine nut oil isn't like, caffeine or a dangerous supplement, and it doesn't cost a lot either, so to each his own if they wanna try it. Alls I know is, for me at least, it's working. I am one of many, I'm sure, that have tried diets in the past but just couldn't succeed cause I couldn't reduce the amount of food I ate and I couldn't stay in my caloric limit. I always went over regardless of drinking a glass of water with each meal, or eating more protein, etc. And like we always say, what works for one might not work for the other. I can't speak for everybody who has taken pine nut oil, but for me, it works. I haven't not once gone over my cal limit since I started taking it together with the fiber. Fiber alone wasn't cutting it, so that's why I added the pine nut oil in the first place. And it works for me. I guess to me, as long as there are no dangerous side effects, and it works, it's okay to take. a note on Vitamin World though....I went there yesterday to get some more fiber, and the lady had no idea what I was talking about. I had to find it on my own LOL. Yeah, real knowledgable hahaha.

But I would agree it's not regulated, that's a given to anything where the FDA is not involved. Just like for some extra protein does the trick, to another maybe drinking more water helps, and to another it might be that emotional hunger right, not actual physical stomach growling hunger. for the life of me I can't remember who said this, but I read on this site that finding what works for you is really just trial and error, cause all of our bodies are different. I know I am doing a few things different this time around that, for the first time in 7 years, I've found what works for me. And those things are: drinking lots of green tea at night (fresh brewed no sweeteners), taking fiber and pine nut oil caps, and having a ratio of 1 protein-3 veggies with lunch and dinner (for ex, however much meat I have, 3 oz usually, I eat three times that amount with fresh or steamed veggies, keeps meal cals low but filling), and no eating after 8pm except for green tea or hot tea or fresh fruit. do I like taking pills - nope. do I feel it is helping me at least now in the begininng? yes. but sure, it may not help everybody. and it is good to be reminded to be realistic, that it really is a roll of the dice.