View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #5
BlueToBlue
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

If you are losing inches and your weight is staying the same, then you are losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat, so as you lose fat and gain muscle, you may not lose weight but you will be smaller.

My sister started exercising last year but did not change her diet. She dropped from a size 10 to a size 6 (sometimes even a size 4) but because she made no changes to her diet, she did not lose any weight. Her weight is exactly the same as when she started exercising but you would never guess it in a a million years. She looks fabulous. So if you are still losing inches, I wouldn't worry about losing weight. In the end, you will look fabulous. And you definitely want to keep up with the weight training; when you reach your goal, your going to want the toning that weight lifting gives you.

Cakses, if you've lost 3 pounds since Jan 1 but your weight hasn't changed since Jan 8, that must mean that you lost all three pounds during the first week of January. Three lbs is a lot to lose in one week, so it's possible that you've just stalled out for a bit while your body catches up. Weight loss isn't linear; it goes it fits and starts. In my experience, if you see a three lb loss in one week, it's not unusual to go the next couple of weeks without a loss.

My Before and After Pics

"Decide what you want; decide what you're willing to exchange for it; establish your priorities, and go to work." --H.L. Hunt

"Life has hills. Set the treadmill at an incline."
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote