Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #1  
Im a work in progress!!

Talking Ice Cream!!

I really want some good low cal ice cream. Whats everyones favorite?
CountryGirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #2  

I feel like kind of an expert here, cause I eat ice cream almost everyday and still don't gain weight.

1. Edy's Slow-Churned Light--tons of flavors and 100-140 cals each (per serving). The Samoas Cookie flavor is to die for.

2. Bryers Free--90 cals. The vanilla flavor is really good. Not as good as Edy's, but perfect for smoothies/milkshakes.

3. Edy's Loaded. Not even marketed as a "light" ice cream, but it doesn't have many calories. Great flavors too.

4. Bryers Pure Fruit, Fruit and Cream Bars. Really good, and 50 cals each.

My only advice regarding all of these is to watch your portion sizes. If you have trouble with that, go for the popsicles instead of the tubs. Good luck!

Last edited by mrowmrowsmom; 01-19-2008 at 05:20 PM.
mrowmrowsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 11''

My favorite is Skinny Cow mint chocolate ice cream cone. You get 4 cones per box. They are 3 WW points. Even if you're not doing WW they are a good alternative. My 11 year old son LOVES them, every time we go to the market he asks to buy more!
Ericah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #4  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I got a box of Tofutti ice cream sandwiches when my nephew came to visit (he's allergic to dairy) and they were surprisingly good! I got the chocolate "ice cream" ones and they were very rich and tasty! The snack size that I got which is a little smaller than a traditional ice cream sandwich has just 120 calories.

As far as low fat ice cream I'm really not sure, I just buy the regular versions and eat small portions.

Also Fudgesicles are an awesome treat! Most brands have only around 60 calories.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

My absolute favorite is bryers chocolate so I tried the extra creamy fat free............soooooooo good and I think it's like 1 or 2 pts for a 1/2 cup,,it's so good( did I already say that?) if you're a chocolate fan!!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Ice cream is my favorite of all time! I love to take FF Vanilla and sprinkle a little carnation malted on the top. Its so good if you lake malt!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote