Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 04:12 PM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#142

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:03 AM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Smile

Good Morning~~I must tell you right off, I'm not real lively this AM. I got up about as tired as I went to bed. I wanted to go to bed at 7:00 last night, so I come in here and read around on the board. I found some interesting pictures.. the link is at the bottom, check it out. Just scroll down until you come to the pictures. I want to lose weight but I'm not ready for that. Also started a new thread while I was here.

Jen~~ Sounds like you done good with your diet yesterday. I done OK with mine too. No sugar, might be why I'm feeling so dragie this morning. Sugar is very addictive. I couldn't agree more about eating off hubby's plate, I only eat the meat, I'm a meat addict too. My pledge was just for the day yesterday, not to mess up and eat anything I shouldn't have. I'm making the same pledge for today.

Skeeter~~Don't you know that checking out the fish is just the beginning, it just makes you want to get that tank filled up. All my babies was still alive as of last night. I do have one male platy that is keeping an eye on the little ones. One of them made the mistake of getting way up in the water around the basket where the others are and I looked away long enough to get the dip net and when I looked back he was gone, I hope he got away, but I don't know.
I'm setting here sweating right now. Hope your food is going better.

I'm going to town right now before it gets too hot, I don't need to go anywhere except Walmart and they are open 24 hours. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 05-08-2002, 06:27 PM   #3  

Hi ya'll. I hope your having a good day. We just had a storm blow thru, lots of rain but it didn't last to long. We've just been dumped on with rain lately. We could stand a good week without any rain at all. All the rivers and streams are at or over flood level and some farmers may have to replant their crops because of standing water.

Dh called me at work this afternoon and said he needed me to take him to the dr. The rug slipped out from under him when he got out of the shower and he fell and hurt his wrist. He can't bend it at all and its pretty swollen. The Dr said it doesn't look like its broke but we have to wait till the official word from the radiologist tomorrow. If something is going to happen, its going to happen to my dh. He has the worst luck.

Marlana, I was so tired last night cause I had trouble sleeping the night before. DH got in almost 2 hrs overtime on his first night at his job and I just couldn't go to sleep till he got home. Its just going to take me a while to get used to him not being home in the evening. I was watching tv last night and kept thinking dh was in the back room watching the other tv and then it would dawn on me that he was at work. His boss was really nice about his accident but he is so mad it happened since he just started this job. I think it will be ok tho.

Jen, I really don't need the coffee after work, decaf or regular cause I sip on coffee all day at work. So I just don't drink it at all when I get home except on Friday nights when I know I don't have to worry about getting to bed early. Its looking pretty here with all the spring flowers. I love lilacs. They smell so good. Our neighbors have a bush right next to where I park but it doesn't smell as good as most lilacs in fact, I don't think it has a scent at all.

Tobey, dh really likes it at the new job. They've got him doing things he likes doing. He was kinda restricted at the other place cause certain mechanics did certain things only. He fell into that catagory. The vigil was really moving. I remember the very first one.

I've got to get off here cause its storming again. I'll come back later and edit this.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:24 PM   #4  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

I went to a luncheon today with the ladies from my church. They had earned some money from a fund raiser a while back and were ready to treat everyone to lunch. We went to a buffet style restaurant and I think everyone pigged out. I ate mostly pastas because I never have them at home. The good news is that it was the only meal that I had today. I am still not hungry.

Marlana~I find myself thinking about that empty aquarium all the time now and wanting to set it up. That is so stupid of me since I don't have much free time the way things are now. I can't believe that I am even thinking of taking on another responsibility right now. It must be the heat getting to me.

JoJo~Oh my gosh, your poor husband. Will he be able to work at his job? Is his job very physical and he has to have the use of his wrist to perform? I guess it will be really hard for a while to get used to being alone in the evenings again. I have gotten very used to my dh being around all the time and would miss him very much if he was gone on a regular basis again. Once in a while is great though.

I have to go get a shower before all my shows come on tonight. Y'all have a great evening.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:32 AM   #5  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I slept in this morning, I didn't get up until 6:00, thats sleeping in for me. Hubby is home today.grrrrrrr It is so cool here this morning, down in the 50's. I have a bunch more flowers to put out, but I don't know when I will get them out. It is so wet and is suppose to rain again on Sunday. I guess I will go back to work on the bedroom. Need to get that done and out of the way. My food kind a went down the drain yesterday, so my biggest job today is to get back on track.

Jo Jo~~My goodness JO JO....what next for you and yours. Of all things to do, slip on a rug, and just when he started a knew job. If it wasn't for bad luck, you guys wouldn't have any luck at all. I hope he's better now. Glad Hubby's boss was understanding about the accident. Overtime money can come in really handy, your dh has missed so much work the last few months.

Skeeter~~ Girl if I knew how to ship you some fish I would ship them in about 6 weeks. I have more than I know what to do with. I cleaned the aquarium out good yesterday and would you believe I found 7 more babies. I hope your food plan is still in tack. I really messed up yesterday. I'm going on all protein today and perge my system of some sugar.

[COLOR=deeppink]Got work to do, so I will say good bye for now and bid you all a wonderful day as well as a good week end.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:47 AM   #6  

Good Morning.

I wanted to come in and say hi and also to tell everyone Happy Mothers Day.

I don't have big plans this weekend. I need to get my MIL something for Mothers day. I have one thing already and was thinking about maybe getting her a hydrangea for her yard. I got her one a couple years ago and the next year someone put the hose reel on top of it not realizing it was a flower plant and it died out. So I thought this year, get one and put it someplace else, safe from the hose cart. I also want to get some flowers to take to the cemetery for my moms grave. Other than that, I have housework I need to do.

I woke up to rain this morning. Just what we don't need. We need a good week without rain just to dry out a bit. A little rain is ok but every time it rains, it comes down so hard and at least an inch or more each time. We don't have to worry about a drought this year. It was either this time last year or the year before that they were coming up with water restrictions because it was so dry.

Marlana, I don't think DH broke his wrist. He tried to call the nurse to find out what the radiologists report said but couldn't get through. He can move it up and down ok but side to side movements hurt pretty bad. Anyway, his job is fine and he goes back Monday night. Whew. I was really worried about that but its ok.

Skeeter, I keep trying to send this rain your way but it won't listen to me. We have more than enough to share with you in Florida, thats for sure. Yes, dh's job is very physical. He has to turn huge wrenches and other big tools. Luckily it was his left wrist as he is right handed. Your luncheon sounded good. Pastas really aren't bad for you, in moderation of course, but they are filling. I don't have them often either and sometimes I crave it.

Hello to everyone else.

I've got to get moving soon so I'm going to get going. Take care everyone. Have a great weekend.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:42 AM   #7  

Good morning gals. It's been a few days since I've been here, but it doesn't seem like it. Man, time sure is flying. Anyway, Wednesday I took my finals, and then there was a party at one of the students houses in Iowa City. It was 7:30 by the time I got home, and I was so tired. Thursday I worked 12 hrs day shift, and yesterday I had errands to do and then mom came back. UGH. I also got my hands on a bag of sugar free jelly bellys yesterday. Now when the bag says "may have laxative effect", believe them. I had cramps and pains all night. Glad it's gone today. I work tonight, but only for 4 hrs so I'll be able to finish cleaning the house this afternoon.

Jojo- I'm glad to hear your hubby's wrist will be ok. What luck. Sounds like me. We have the same rain here. It's been going for at least 2 1/2 hrs that I know of. Wonderful. At least the ground will be soft when I do my planting next week.

Marlana- How is your plan going? I got up the courage to weigh in this morning. It appears that I haven't done any real damage last week, or I fixed it this week by being careful. Now I'm in place to lose, lose, lose.

Skeeter- Your lucheon sounds good. I like to make pasta with fresh summer veggies in a lemon type flavoring. You and Marlana with your fish, and now fish swapping. You'd be in trouble if she knew how to ship them!

I guess I'd better go, work has paged me, but I think they can wait a few more minutes. I may take a shower before I call them back. I'm sure they want me in early!

Jen
Old 05-11-2002, 07:29 PM   #8  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

Happy Mother's Day
It is so hot and dry here that I don't even want to go outside anymore for a while. I have worked outside for the last two days and just want to stay indoors for the next couple of days. We have a wonderful lady that is very crippled with arthritis that has a ministry that feeds and clothes a lot of people in this area. We helped her set up a large yard sale yesterday and then helped repack everything that didn't sell this afternoon. It sure caused me to drink a lot of water though.

Marlana~I'm glad that your fish are doing so good. Maybe I will get this tank set up one of these days. Then again, maybe I should just leave it empty for a while. I tell you, I have my hands full with my critters now.

JoJo~I am very glad to hear that your husband's writs is going to be okay. I know he just hates getting hurt so soon after starting a new job. It is so depressing to hear about all the rain up there and we can't get a drop down here. I can't believe that we are going to go through this dry weather AGAIN this year.

Jen~I know that you are glad to get those finals over with. Now on to new adventures. I guess your mom made it home for Mother's Day. Maybe she will decide soon to get her own apartment.

Gotta go get a shower and relax for a while. Y'all have a good evening and a better day tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:31 AM   #9  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~It seems to me we just had mother's day and here it is again. I guess hubby is going to eat with his family, I heard him talking to his Mommy on the phone. He hasn't said anything to me about it yet, don't know if he will. He knows I won't go though. I'm am going to Muskogee this afternoon and treat myself to something. Maybe a movie. My dear friend Carol sent me a ivy plant yesterday. She's very thoughtful. God put her in my life because he knew I was going to need a really good friend. She has been with me through thick and thin. You guys has too, but I can reach out and touch her.

Jo Jo~~I know you don't have any children, does it make you sad when Mother's day rolls around? I hope not. Kids are good but they can be a heart ache too. I won't hear from either of mine today. Of course my daughter isn't talking to me again, she's owe's us money and so she stays away from us, even the phone. I am so glad to hear you dh is going to be able to go back to work tomorrow. I sure hope nothing else goes wrong for a while.

Jen~~Glad to hear you got those test over with. How did you do? I seem to be hit and miss at getting in here everyday too. The last two days I've been very depressed again. I seem to get that way around holidays. Needless to say food become my friend again. Yesterday I done OK, but the day before, I could have eat the kitchen sink. Nothing satisfied me though. I won't meet that goal of 6 pounds, thats for sure.

Skeeter~~You need some of Jo Jo's and my rain, I've had plenty. I can't even get my flowers out, it's too wet. I will either have to flush some of the little fishes when they get old enough to tell what sex they are, or see if the LFS will take them. Of course I don't want the males, they are a pain in the a** to say the least. I sure hoping that this last bunch are out of the little Platy male. I give him a shot, if he failed it isn't my fault. I do believe they are really small. The first two, one of them is 3 times bigger than the other one.???

I'm planning on doing well on my diet today, heck I have to weigh in tomorrow and I don't want to take away paper clips. Just noticed what I noticed what I wrote on the attachment, I ain't changing it. You can tell I'm not with it.

Last edited by Marlana; 05-12-2002 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #10  

Good Monday Morning!

I just realized it has been a week since I have been here! I have just been so darn busy! But things are starting to calm down now. In fact I only work 2 days this week and then I am on vacation until next Tuesday! YIPEE!

Marlana: Have you managed to get your flowers out? We have had a fair amount of both sunshine and rain so everything here is very green. Unfortunately it has still been quite chilly. I heard that outside of the city they were calling for overnight frost – the tulip killer as they called it. A 24-hour Wal-Mart? I would hate to see who would be shopping at 4:00am. 24-hour stores don’t seem to be too popular here. We have a few groceries stores but that is about it. The Home Depot by where I live used to be 24-hours but after a few months they switched back to regular hours. So how did you spend your afternoon yesterday? I hope you really treated yourself. I hope your weigh in goes okay.

Jen: So how good does it feel to be done school? CONGRATULATIONS!! How did your finals go? The most important part is that they are gone! I am still enjoying my running as much as always. I have already registered for the half-marathon in October. I’m already getting psyched to do a full marathon in 2003.

Skeeter: Sounds like I’m not the only one who has been zooming all around. I did manage to have a bit of down time this weekend though. Dh and I had an agreement that if anyone called to invite us out we would say NO! But as luck would have it the phone was quiet all weekend. ahhhh…. Sounds like your Lily of the Nile are going to be beautiful!! Your lunch with the ladies from church sounded really nice. I’m looking forward to our church picnic that is coming up in a few weeks. I just hope it warmer by then! How did the yard sale go? Those can typically raise a lot of money.

Jojo: We have had our share of rain too. But at least we are also getting some moments of sunshine in between so there hasn’t been any flooding. Poor hubby – what a way to hurt his wrist! He had better come up with a more macho story to tell his friends. I’m so happy to hear that he likes his new job. Those jelly bellys sound kind of scary. I have really been turned off with “chemical” food lately. So I have started eating a much more natural diet. I have stopped eating anything with additives, preservatives, refined sugar, etc… I have felt really great too!

Well I had better get back to work. I really want to plough through everything to make sure I clear by the end of tomorrow.

All the best
Tobey

Jen: This attachment is for you!
Old 05-13-2002, 06:45 PM   #11  

Hi ya'll.

This is going to be a really short post. My hand and arm is killing me from using a date stamper today. So I'm staying off the puter tonight. I just wanted to come in and say hi and let you know I was thinking about you. Take care and I'll try to post tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:55 PM   #12  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

It's not fair that there is so much rain north of us and not a drop here. We are supposed to have a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow and we are praying real hard for it to happen.

Marlana~I'm so sorry that you didn't hear from your kids and your husband only thinks about his mother. I hope that you treated yourself to something special yesterday. I heard from both of my kids and my husband's middle daughter. She never misses me on Mother's Day even when my own do. We were gone to town all day again. Today was a very relaxed day though. We really didn't need anything so we spent a lot of time looking around the mall and ended up finding stuff that we just couldn't live without. I told my dh that I was staying home the rest of the week and only leaving this house for church Wednesday. Then I remembered that we are going to visit an old friend from Orlando. She retired and moved farther north. She is just barely in Florida. That will be an all day trip but we are taking the dogs with us. Other than that I am staying home. I forgot to weigh this morning but it is just as well since I have been eating so badly the last couple of days. I am back on the wagon tomorrow for sure.

Tobey~Thank you for the fun package!!! The boys smelled it all over for a long time, inside and out. That is the coolest water bottle and bowl. Thank you for being so thoughtful. It will be so handy when we 4 wheel but I am going to use it Friday too. Looks like a great idea for traveling too. It is so compact. The peanut butter treats were also a great hit. My boys thank you too. The yard sale went really well and made a lot of money for being in such a remote area. There are never any prices on anything and people just make and offer. I think a lot of people pay more than they normally would to make a donation. Poor people can get what they need. Hope that you have a great vacation. I'll take a picture when those flowers bloom.

JoJo~Let's hope that arm feels better soon. We'll be thinking of you too. That was nice to check in and let us know that you were okay though. Get rested up and have a good evening.

Hope most of you aren't getting drowned with all that rain. Wish we could trade y'all some of this sunshine for some of the wet stuff. Y'all have a great evening.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:10 AM   #13  

Good morning all.

It is cold and rainy this morning. And you can you believe that I was out the door at 5:15 am to do a 4-mile run in this crap? I can tell you that I truly appreciated my post run shower! I don’t think our shower ever felt so good! Then to top it off, I have rowing tonight. It is going to be very cold out on that lake. Why do I do this to myself? Oh well.

We did get some good news though. One our closest friends gave birth to their first baby yesterday! 36 hours after her water broke, she gave birth to a 8lb 6oz baby girl! Since I will be off work for a few days, I am hoping to go see them either tomorrow or Thursday. Sound be interested to see dh with her. He is not used to being around babies and especially newborns!

Jojo: Good plan. Relax and take care of that arm!

Skeeter: I would only be too happy to send you some of this rain! I’m so glad that you and the boys enjoyed the package – it was so long over due! I was thinking that the water bottle would come in handy on all of your many adventures. That’s great that everyone was so generous at the yard sale. Some days you just need to know that there are still a lot of good people left in this world. I am really looking forward to my vacation. Friday is our 5th anniversary and we are going away to a small country village called St Jacobs. (http://www.stjacobs.com/html/shopping-village.html) We have a master suite booked at one of the inns. I am soooo looking forward to it!

Well I guess that’s all for now.

Have a good one!

Tobey
Old 05-14-2002, 10:19 PM   #14  

Hello gals. I made it back in. I think it's been a few days again. Yesterday I worked another 12 hr day shift, and today I started my week of vacation. I go back to work on Monday! I spent today running errands, got my flowers and veggies bought for the garden. I got the garden planted, and cleaned up weeds and stuff around the front and sides of the house. Tomorrow I'm going to have to get more mulch and potting soil. I hear it's supposed to rain again on Thursday and Friday, so I guess I'll be spring cleaning inside then.

I still don't have any grades from my finals a week ago. I don't understand that place. Actually, I don't have almost 50% of my grades, and may not find out until after the graduation ceremony on Saturday. Ridiculous.

Tobey- Thanks for the attachment. That is very cute. No, I can't believe running and rowing in the cold rain, and on the same day. Are you insane? I think it was in the upper 60's here today. It felt good outside, and the sun was actually out. Congrats to your friend and her new baby. 36 hrs of labor? That's enough to keep me from having any!! A half marathon? How long is that? We have a 7-mile Bix run in July and then a "Marathon" in September, but I don't know how long it is.

Skeeter- Please, take my rain. Everything here is sopping wet. One day last week we set a record of 2.5 inches in 24 hrs. Ugh. I hope mom gets her apartment soon, I like her a lot better when she doesn't live with me.

Marlana- I'm sorry your Mother's Day wasn't all you wanted it to be. What makes the male fish so different from the females? Are they more aggressive? How did your weigh in this week go. I lost, but I can't be sure how much, I never weighed in at the beginning of the week. I have lost 7 lbs this year though.

Jojo- You're so sweet, coming in to say hi. Take care of yourself and check back in when you feel up to it.

I guess that is about it for me. I need to rest a little on the couch before I go to bed early!

Jen
Old 05-14-2002, 10:40 PM   #15  
~~Senior Member~~Really

~~I can't believe it's been 2 days since I've been in here and wrote. I thank I wrote on Mother's day. AH...Mother's day. It was a strange day for me. Hubby left by 9:00 to go to his Mom's. I had a pity party for a while and then got up and done some work. At 2:00 he wasn't home and I decided to get out of the house. I went for a long ride down all the roads I used to travel as a child. I really enjoyed it, remembering all the kids that rode the bus and just where they lived. A lot of things had changed for sure, some houses gone and brand new one added. I went to Staples and bought myself a editing program that is much smarter than I am. I have had 4.2 PhotoImpack for 3 years but they have got them all the way up to 7.0 and I wanted one. May have been a big mistake. When I got home I had a doz. roses waiting for me. Now wasn't that nice. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Would you believe I haven't even weighed this week. Yesterday my Sister come and stayed all day, and low and be dang if my neighbor didn't come today. Please people I need some time a lone.
Jo Jo~~ Sorry to hear your having problems with your hand and arm. My back and hip is doing much better. I stopped lifting and bending for a few days. Last 2 days I've set on my butt and talked.

Tobey~~I haven't got my flowers all out yet, it's too wet. We've had a lot of rain. Plus all that rain that Mo. got is coming down into our lakes and they are getting up pretty high. Ft. Gibson the one I live close to has come up 8 feet in 3 days, and it's a big lake. And as for as chilly goes, it was 42 degrees here this morning. I can't believe it!!! Crazy weather. Our Walmart store has people in it all the time. We have a lot of Walmarts in OK. that is open all night. These dang rednecks don't have enough sence to go to bed.

Skeeter~~ PI is a fancy smarter than I am editing program. I don't know about it. It has so much in it it's mind boggleing to me. But I'll try not to get down on myself yet, maybe I can learn it, but it will take a long time. I belong to the PI webring, but I'm afraid to tell them I have the right PI now. I'm afraid I will drive them nuts not being able to figure it out and asking for help.

Jen~~ I thank everyone is going on a vacation. Ours starts in a couple of weeks. Of course we are going to fish. All this extra water in the lakes can mess us up bad though. We've seen the lake get so high that there wasn't any boat ramps to put the boat in. There was a total turn around with my Mother's day. He gave me the rose's to late in the day. 7 pounds is good for you girl, you aren't that big anyway. CONGRATS.
Ladies it's bed time for me. Be good.
Closed Thread