South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Chick Chat

I'm a little late getting in here, I got the urge to clean my bathroom right after I showered. What's with that? Anyway, I have a sparkly clean bathroom to start the day with!

The sun is supposed to shine today, after snowing all day yesterday. Funny, though, we only got a light covering and at times it came down like a blizzard! Maggie had a friend over, and they had fun scooping off the snow from surfaces to try to make snowballs.
I have an appointment with Melinda for a cut and color this morning, then an afternoon of running here and there for the girls. I do enjoy my hour to myself while they're at ballet lessons, though. That's when I treat myself to a nice latte from Dunkin Donuts and sit in my car and read a magazine. It's a nice break to look forward to in the middle of the day.
I've successfully finished Phase 1 and am eagerly anticipating my oatmeal for breakfast in a bit! I think I'll have Baked Oatmeal with some caramel sf syrup!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:23 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat

Happy Wednesday! Have a cup of coffee or tea and chat a bit before you start your day - or end it in Kara's case!

Yesterday was a long and hard day but today will be better. Hersh and I do pet therapy at noon and that'll be "it" aside from a post office and library trip. I do plan a bit of cooking for my freezer stash and have to correct an error on a quilt project but that's all fun stuff.

What's happening around your beach towel?
Old 01-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Ah! Whose thread do I answer???

Sorry to hear your day was crazy yesterday, Ruth! Hope today is calmer.

Kara
Old 01-16-2008, 06:34 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Good morning to you, too, Linda! Looks like you and Ruth were both on the ball this morning. I love sparkly clean bathrooms! Everything feels so fresh and tidy when your bathroom is clean.

Tom got a burst of energy today and starting clearing out the back room. We leave three weeks from today () so he's starting to get in Moving Mode.

Avery's done on the potty so I must go attend to her. I'll check in again later!

Kara
Old 01-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #5  

Good morning Ruth and Kara!

Ruth, thanks for merging us, I was trying to but I just switched to Firefox and it's not letting me do it! I was going to put your thread first, BTW! LOL!

Kara, when that happens, you can post under whichever thread you want and we'll merge the threads. Your post will show up, either way.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good morning everyone.

Cottage Enjoy your magazine an latte today.

Ruth Enjoy your quilting and errands today.

Kara 3 weeks and a new continent how exciting. How does it work when you move? Do you get to spend some time at home or just a quick stop by. I was just wondering because your stuff lives on my coast and your family lives on the other and I was hoping you got plenty of time in between to do it all.

Me Nothing new to report here. I'm hoping today goes more quickly then yesterday and my boss is less irritating today. I reaaly like my boss but for some reason he is driving me crazy this week. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 01-16-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:48 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning all!

Cottage - a sparkly clean bathroom is a great way to start the day! Enjoy that latte

Ruth - Enjoy your fun day!

Kara - You sound very calm for a woman moving in three weeks! I guess you have to get used to making those changes. Hope your calm remains

Dawn

It will be a fun work day today. Somehow after we switched newsletter editors I started taking photos and the powers that be decided I should keep doing that if I have time. It's so much fun - can't believe I get to do that as part of my job. Last issue our cover had photos from an infant program. I got to spend 2 hours playing with babies to get the photos Tough job! After taking pictures I'm getting my hair cut and then coming back home to work here for a few hours. It's days like this that keep me in my job. I love the flexibility!

My scale and I are not on speaking terms right now. I have been losing bits of the same pound for 10 days and am very frustrated. I hope things shift soon. Just to cheer myself up I went out and bought 6 pairs of pants in my new size I had reached the no clothes fit phase again so it was time. I'm down to a size 12 from a very tight 18. Can't imagine I will go any lower, just a different fit. My body isn't ever going to be that small. My other body frustration kicking in is that many size 12 pants have legs that are too narrow for my fluid filled knees. Aging is a drag. Ah well, so it goes.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all those already up and at it as well as those to come.

I have been trying to work and fight the fatigue but yesturday was the worst I ran a fever of 103 and my body started turning red & splotchy and the medicine my doc called in to the pharamacy is so new that no one in our area had it so it was being overnited from down south - crazy.

Have a great and OP day!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #9  

My goodness, GONNA, that sounds pretty scary! Are you sure you shouldn't just go to the ER or see your doctor in person? I do hope they get to the bottom of your illness and discover what's causing your distress. Feel better soon!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Ladies! It is getting cold again and they are talking snow tonight.

Cottage Enjoy your hour to yourself, there is nothing better!

Ruth Enjoy your calmer day!

Kara Oh I do feel for you, moving again! After our marathon move of the other office saturday I don't want to see another box for awhile!

Dawn Hope your boss is better today. I can sense by the tone in my bosses voice today I may be in for a rough day.

Cyndi I am sure you are due for a "whoosh" here anytime! How great is it though to have to go buy new clothes cause nothing fits!

Gonna Sure hope you get to feeling better soon!

Me Looks like January is going to be a stellar month for us! In a time when the mortgage market is so tough it is good to see us prosper and know it is because we only do "good" loans and none of that crud that has caused this meltdown. As a result we are growing as others close their doors. It's a frustrating job many days but rewarding none the less. I am looking to wrap up 2 more today and have 3 "very close"!

OK enough carrying on about my job. I managed to keep that little devil on my shoulder in check yesterday, so here is to yet another! Have a great day ladies and I will check back later.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

No time for personals. Just saying hi real quick! Gotta get ready for work! Hope all you girls have a great day!!!

Lisa
Old 01-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

just a quick hello this morning a ton of things to do.... ph 1 is done and I am done only 1 more pound that is 7 in total..... wish it was a little more. I will update my ticker later when I have a chance. Well gotta to run I will check back in a quiet time. Have a great morning chicks.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

good hump day morning, chicks.
Today I start bowflexing with my friend. I will go over there at noon, and hopefully she will tell me what to do. I also reserved a couple of the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs at the library. Time to get serious about the New Year's Resolutions (thanks, Kara!). DD was home sick yesterday and wasn't acting herself this morning either. She is NEVER sick, and has been complaining about tiredness, so I think I'd better get her checked for mono. My niece had it over Thanksgiving but we didn't know it yet. My friend wants to go hit the Old Navy clearance sale this afternoon, but I may try to put her off until Friday afternoon. Poor DH, 7 days and counting until his departure, and in the meantime the refrigerator is acting up again, the vacuum broke, and the check engine light came on in the car. So he is trying to get everything fixed in addition to all the medical stuff and paperwork he has to deal with. He's a little stressed.

Bathrooms are on my cleaning list today, cottage! We run ubuntu and firefox and love it - no virus problems. for the most part there is no noticeable difference, except it works great. Enjoy the oatmeal.
Ruth, hope you have a mostly fun day.
Kara, happy packing!
Dawn, hope your boss behaves today.
Cindy and Stephanie, have a great day!
Gonnabe, sounds like you are miserable. What have you got?
weezle, always good to have you drop in and say hi!
littlechick, 7 lbs. is great for Ph1, especially a Ph1 repeat!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoo, good luck with the Bowflex! You're going to love the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. I'm going to get some more with the Christmas money I received.

LC, Congrats on your extra pound!!!

Glad you had a sec to pop in, Lisa! Did your meeting yesterday go well?

Stephanie, it's so nice to hear that your month should turn out well! Makes all the stress worth it.

Gonna, I hope you feel better quickly!

Cyndi, you are going to be a fashion model in your new duds! Have fun strutting around!

Dawn, this move is a funny one. The kids and I will just pack regular day-to-day stuff, as we're headed back to spend a month with the family on the east coast before Tom joins us in March (spending a couple days supervising the packing up of our storage unit in California en route). He is allotted ten days between Korea and Germany, and they'll pay for him to fly home (luckily for them, it's on the way anyhow since they won't fly us over Russia) since he has consecutive overseas tours. He'll probably end up with about a week in Jersey and then we'll fly over to Germany together. Every base has a hotel on it, and we'll either stay there or in the temporary lodging (think house set up with hotel furniture) for about a month until we can find a place to call home. We're hoping to buy a house, as we plan to be stationed in Germany until Tom retires in 2013 and maybe stay in a contracting position after that. Our stuff will probably arrive after taking a leisurely two month cruise halfway around the world! Until we get it all, we'll be able to borrow a fridge, washer/dryer, bedroom furniture, etc. from base. This move will be weird for us because it'll be the first one where we won't have packed ourselves. In the military you can choose to either move yourselves and they'll pay you a percentage of what they would've paid a moving company, or you can just have the movers pack you out and transport your stuff. Obviously, moving across oceans, we have to have them do this one for us!

Off to hang the laundry and hit the sack!

Kara
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ooh, Cottage, that oatmeal sounds divine! We got a lot of snow too, but most of it melted, so there's very little on the ground this morning. Odd snowfall, eh? Funny about your bathroom cleaning...I usually don't want to clean the bathroom if I've just cleaned me...seems counter-intuitive (or maybe it's a handy excuse to be lazy? ). I need to clean ours desperately but it's being used as a place to syringe feed our bunny and so it's only going to get messier. I'm waiting until the syringe feeding is over and hoping that it's soon!

Ruth, I'm sorry you had a hard day yesterday. Today sounds fun, though!

Kara, are you guys moving back home? For good??? That would be SO cool!!!

Wish I could get to everyone, but a class is about to come in for an intro to the writing center and I have to get ready! Hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread