South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Default My relationship is over........

With Almonds, that is. I can't have em around! I tried the counting of 15 for a day or two. Then, I decided 3 pieces was better. But I was eating em everytime I walked in the kitchen. I will tell my husband tonight to put them in his truck. No more almondman, you are too good and too tempting!
SAnativegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I can only eat nuts as a snack I have packed and taken out of the house because I just love 'em so much! Mmmmmm!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Most of my on-plan cheating is because of nuts. Rarely do I not use my nut allowance, and especially the last few days I've gone over. They are so good for us, but so yummy! I've tried different things - packaging single servings, freezing them. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. Good luck with it.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #4  

For years, I have kept a bag of either sliced almonds or cashews that we use sparingly on salads, stir frys, ff pudding, but never as a snack. I think because I was "allowed" 15 dry roasted whole almonds as a snack, I used em too much. Plus I mistakenly bought smoked instead of dry roasted and they are full of fat (I know, its good stuff) at 1 fat gram per nut!!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good for you on getting 'em out of the house, SA! I know that can be really hard to do!

I found pistachios to be much easier to deal with. It takes a lot longer to eat them and because they're in a shell, it's harder for me to just take one out of the cupboard and pop it in my mouth. Plus, you get 30, so it feels like you're getting more, which makes me less likely to cheat. Just my $0.02.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #6  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

my weakness is pistachios. theyre smaller and youre allowed more, but i always ended up sneaking too many. i always bought the pre-shelled kind but now i get them so i have to work at prying them open, and that def. helps deter me from over doing it.
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #7  

I agree. I had a worse relationship with those. I found a new brand from Calif. recently that always had a $1.00 off coupon making them 2-3 bucks. They were so good I would eat the entire 7 oz bag! They were larger than ones I had previously. I had my share of those during the holidays. No more till next Christmas! And I'm sure if they are bigger, 30 of em would be cheating! Guess I have to stay away from nuts till I hit goal.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Walmart has a brand of salted almonds that are in the shell, but the shell is ground down, so it's the thickness of a peanut shell, so you can open them without a nut cracker. I still portion them out into snack-size ziploc bags, and don't keep them in the house anytime close to PMS week. I've often wondered if I could have them in the house "that week" if I put them in the single-serve bags but duct taped them so I'd actually need scissors to get into them (I'm not sure it would help). I do seem to do better with nults that aren't salted.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #9  

Any ideas for snacks? I am sick of celery sticks.

I am in day 11 Phase 1-lost about 6 lbs. The scale is not budging this week. Oh well, I feel great. I am used to counting calories, or fat grams, or weight watchers, or millions of other diets. This one has been much easier than most.

I am trying to use lean proteins but DH loves sausage, ham, pepperoni, bacon bits, etc. We buy a little for him. I did use 2 1/2 links of turkey sausage in 12 quiche cups this week.

Anyway, you guys are awesome and very supportive, keep it up!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Well, ham can be lean. And have you tried the turkey pepperoni or turkey bacon? Those gourmet chicken sausages (italian, etc.) are really good. For snacks, I like reduced fat triscuits with Laughing Cow Lite Cheese, sugar free lattes or hot chocolate, a bowl of vegetable soup, cottage cheese with cucumber and grape tomatoes mixed in (and lots of pepper), a lettuce leaf rolled up with ham or turkey, cheese, and a strip or two of red or green pepper.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #11  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I'm like that with pecans! I have to pre-pack them in little bags or those tiny gladware things so I don't grab a whole fistful and overindulge!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I think I crave extra nuts more than I do the bad foods...I love pistachios and almonds, and I get a little sad when I sit there and count out my portion and see how little it is! I had my pistachio limit for a snack today and was shocked at how quickly I gobbled them up! I've done SB before and never took the time to count them out -- now that I do and can see the portion, I am sure I was overindulging before!
CarCar is offline   Reply With Quote