Changing behaviours

Name: Fressca

General location: Ontario, Canada

Birthday: November 22

Marital status: Married

Children/grandchildren: 12-year-old son

How long have you been on WW/Flex: newbie, 3 days

How much weight do you hope to lose: 35lbs

What do you do for exercise: Just joined the gym, have done a few spin classes so far, have a personal training appointment tomorrow.

What foods help you stay OP: Too soon to say... chocolate pudding and celery sticks (no, not together!) helped today.

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: A different attitude: previously I've always wanted the weight gone asap; this time, I swear I'll be happy if it's just a pound a week. Also, the gym is a new thing for me and I'm optimistic that more exercise will not only improve my attitude but get me away from the fridge (I work at home). Attending meetings, this site.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Allowing my emotions to rule my mind.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Two phrases that help are "Mind over matter", and one I read here, "If hunger isn't the problem, eating isn't the solution."

What do you like to do for fun: Read, ride, cook.

What type of music do you like best? Lots. I listen to a pop/rock or soft rock on the car radio, country music on weekend mornings, disco (yikes!) when working out, also love Motown.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? Good (fat) book, sunscreen, blanket.

Other comments: Hi I'm new, see you around the boards.

I have never, ever, not even one time regretted not eating something. Never. Not once. Turns out telling yourself no feels marvelous. No deprivation passing up on *those foods*. The deprivation is EATING them and remaining overweight. You've got to raise your standards; requiring more from yourself. Challenge yourself. Push yourself. Work past the discomfort. Every time you do it, it gets easier and easier - Rockinrobin

Last edited by Fressca : 01-15-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote