Old 01-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Post should i start smoking again....

i was just wondering if any of you girls are smoking cigaretts or not? are they helping you to stay away from sweets ?!
i used to smoke until i found out that i'm pregnant(now my baby is 16 monts, i stopped breastfeeding too), than i quit...and now i don't know if is better to start smoking again or not.(just wanna mention that i used to smoke for about 8 years).
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

I would say that's not one of the better ideas for losing weight! But, I'm guessing you know that already.

Good luck on whatever plan you choose.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #3  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

it is never good to smoke. I used to smoke myself and quit when I was pregnant with my third child and never started again. I smoked for about 10 years. It is hard to stay away from the snacks when you don't smoke and it did help me keep the pounds off but I would rather be chunky then to have lung cancer. don't start again----for your heath and your children's.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

No
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #5  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Smoking is NEVER a good idea.

I'm a smoker, and I know it's vile and deadly...if you've been able to quit, DO NOT start again.

And please give me any tips on quitting, lol.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Of course you shouldn't start smoking again!!!!!

Nooooooooooo! NOTHING is worth what you've gained by quitting!

I'm a smoker, and wish I was in your position at this point! I'm tackling one issue at a time.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #7  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

I smoke and I have tried to quit a couple times before. I say, since you've already quit, you shouldn't pick it up again! It will be so much harder to quit AGAIN if you pick it up now. I too am trying to get my eating under control before I try to quit smoking again.

Last edited by misschris531; 01-15-2008 at 03:34 PM.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #8  

Is this a serious question? Come on now you know you shouldn't start smoking again. You just want to start again.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #9  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

smoking would not be a good thing to start up its not only expensive buyt very bad for your health. I got rid of the sweet craving by taking away the sweet . I didnt have anything sweet for a week other then the splenda i put in my morning coffee and i dont crave sweet at all any more . I snack on fruits or carrots throughout the day and that helps alot too ..

If you start smoking again you will not feel very healthy and if you cant breathe 100% you wont want to exercise
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenew View Post
i was just wondering if any of you girls are smoking cigaretts or not? are they helping you to stay away from sweets ?!
i used to smoke until i found out that i'm pregnant(now my baby is 16 monts, i stopped breastfeeding too), than i quit...and now i don't know if is better to start smoking again or not.(just wanna mention that i used to smoke for about 8 years).
It is never a good idea to pick up smoking for any reason. Congrats on the stopping before, why start up again?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I didn't read the rest of the replies, I just wanted to post that smoking to lose weight is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. It's bad for your overall health, not to mention your skin, teeth, breath.

Do you want to expose your child to second hand smoke? If you stopped for her when you were pregnant, keep it up FOR her. For her chance to grow up in a nice-smelling, smoke-free house. For her chance to grow up with her mom around. For her chance to have her mom at her wedding, to have her mom hold her own baby.

My mom smokes and I hate it hate it hate it. I don't hate it because it smells bad, because it's annoying to have to find places to smoke, I hate it because my mom has had a terrible cough for years and I'm afraid I will lose her too early to cancer.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Smoking doesn't just hurt you. It hurts other people. My child almost died because some guy decided to stand outside smoking in a parking lot as we were walking past. Would you want to be responsible for a baby having to be in the hospital for weeks, with IV's and oxygen, suffering, because you lit up outside and didn't realize someone with severe lung disease was catching a whiff of your smoke? The guy who did it never knew. You can't always tell by looking at someone how your smoke is going to affect them.

I think it would be healthier for you and everyone around you if you stayed overweight rather than smoked. But there is the option of doing neither.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

ok
i guess i won't start to smoke again.
thank you all for your advice.

cassie 501107-i understand how hard is for you to stop smoking.
how i just said i used to smoke for 8 years in a row, every day;
i stoped smoking in the day that i found out that i'm pregnant...i did it for my baby...and my husband give me all his support, he quited with me....
so if you can find a friend you can probably quit smoking togheter easily...
or in the other hand just think about your health and money that you spend.
i have a friend that he wanted realy bad to stop smoking, so...what he did...was that he saved all his money that he use to spend on cigaretts and start buying him present... a parfume...a brand name sunglasses...
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #14  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

You definitely should not start smoking (again).

My dad was a smoker for years when I was younger, but he quit years ago, and now both of my parents are doing it. I am so disappointed in them because at their stage in life (they're in their 50's) it seems like they should be trying to take better care of themselves, rather than picking up habits that they know are bad for them!

Also, my mom lost 65lbs on WW before becoming a smoker. Then she re-gained about 25-30lbs. Since picking up smoking, both of my parents have gained weight.

Besides all this, think about what you really want. Chances are you want to be healthy, rather than just "thin". I was pretty harsh on my parents, because I was so hurt that they could be so cavalier with their health (don't they want to meet my kids one day? don't they want to come to my wedding?), but as I told my mom: "GREAT! You'll be the skinniest person in the cancer ward."
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #15  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

As someone who smoked for years, I am in the definitely don't camp. Smoking does really bad things to your body.

Also according to this study smoking doesn't aid in fat loss:
http://www.unsw.edu.au/news/pad/arti...ng_morris.html

I know that it is small and was on mice, but it is really interesting.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote