Old 01-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Unhappy Ugh, So depressing

So a few years ago, I had lost 100 pounds which still had me at 276. Life happened and I knew I had had gained *some* but not too much. Well, apparently it was alot more than I thought. I have this crappy scale that I don't trust but I dusted it off and weighed myself.... 5 times...
I kept getting 332-334. 334???? Ugh!

I'm so pissed/disgusted/depressed and beyond upset right now. I feel like I'm starting all over again. Honestly, I don't know if I can do it. It's just too much, too far to go. I called hubby at work all upset and he tried to be encouraging but honestly, my first instinct was to quit. I don't want to be starting over. He says " you were 376 in 2004, so you're not starting over. It really feels like it. I feel like everything I've done the last few weeks was just totally pointless.
Argh, so depressed and hating on myself right now.

Last edited by heather_dw; 01-15-2008 at 12:56 PM.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi sweetie

Believe me, I know the feeling. Last year, I went from 289 to 224....then back up to 283! I was beyond disgusted with myself, but I took a look at my choices:

1. Wallow in self pity and continue to gain
*or*
2. Get myself up onto the wagon and get back at it.

Choice #1 seems a little ridiculous, right? So I did what I knew I needed to do for the sake of my life, and I dropped the weight AGAIN. For good this time!

You know you can do it, as you have before....so you know you'll do it again

We're here for you!

Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I know how that feels. It hurts and it seems like it is just too much to do, and it is going to take TOO LONG! But what helps me is to think, "I am going to weigh SOMETHING a year from now. The time is going to pass anyway. I can choose whether I am going to weigh more, less, or the same as I do now."

A year seems like a long time but it is going to go by whether you are losing weight or not, so may as well use the time for good. Right?

Never give up.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #4  

334 just is INSANE though. It makes me sad
Old 01-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #5  
No description available.

First a BIG .

Second, you are not alone. Many many people regain weight and relose it bunches of times along the journey.

Third, we live in a society that is set up to encourage obesity. The commercials, the high fat, nutrient poor food that is everywhere. Truly for many people if they are not on guard, they gain. In the supermarket today, they had a special: buy 6 Lean Cuisines, get two half gallons of ice cream free. Constant vigilance is necessary to prevent weight gain.

Fourth, you KNOW what to do. You have the tools to continue on this path. And I would say (kindly), what is the alternative? Your health and future and life are so wonderful and so valuable. You are worth the work (and I know it will be a lot of work).

Have a cry. That's okay. And then get up there and read some success stories. It is possible to do it and YOU OWN THE TOOLS to make this happen.

Hugs to you!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

been there, done that. I am sorry that happened! On the upside, you know you are capable of losing the weight and you aren't starting over, exactly. As someone else said to me this week, you had a blip in your journey. Blips suck but you can do it! There was a woman on Oprah yesterday (?) who said she knew she couldn't lose all the weight but she knew she could lose ten pounds at a time. (I believe she lost 220 pounds.) I thought that was a wise way to look at the process. You can do it!
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Heather...STOP!!!!

You KNOW how to do this! You know you can do it! You've done it before!!!
I have to agree with your hubby.
The only way I was able to start over this time after a total regain PLUS 28 pounds....was to FORGIVE myself, let it go, and carry on! We CAN'T do this while we're hating ourselves.

Please....don't look at the big picture. Start out with maybe five pounds. Make yourself a five pound ticker, focus on those five pounds (or whatever you choose) and by the time you hit that first little goal, I think you'll feel better about your ability to do this.

But first of all, please stop beating up on my friend!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #8  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

that's a tough one... but, your hubby is RIGHT! You've still lost FORTY POUNDS which is a lot less than NONE, and a whole lot better than GAINING more than your original weight!!! (which is what I have done!--- went from 250 down to 215, then WHOOOOM all the way up to 302)

Take the 40 as a gift and the 60 as a kick in the pants! You can do it. You just have to change your life FOREVER and make sure everyone around you knows that there's not going to be any of the "one day, honey, we'll have pizza again" or anything like that.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #9  
Taking life by the horns

"In the supermarket today, they had a special: buy 6 Lean Cuisines, get two half gallons of ice cream free. Constant vigilance is necessary to prevent weight gain." WTF?!?!!?!? arghhhhh!!! That's soooo ridiculous!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #10  

I've been using my fitday program for 2 weeks now. The crazy thing says that I burn over 2k calories a day and my job is seated. That can't be right... argh..

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm just really having a bad day today. I don't know how it got so bad. You just look at 334 and go "oh my goodness... 334??, how am I going to do it?" I don't trust the scale but I did it so many times and it gave me pretty much the same thing each time so it's probably accurate
Old 01-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #11  
Taking life by the horns

I don't like FitDay's activity tracker either... I say I walked 4.5 mph for 30 mintues and it only says I burned like 112 calories or something silly like that. Yet if you type it on any of the other million calories burned calculators online, you get a much larger number!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #12  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I've found the same thing with Fitday's BMR thingy.
I decided to set mine to "bedbound". Because that seemed to be a more reasonable number to me. I know I can't eat something like 2600 calories and lose! Somewhere around that number is what it said for "standing housework"....I just don't trust that number!

And Jen...I'm happy to hear you say that, because when I look at my calories burned...it's a real bummer! Same with my treadmill. It sure FEELS like I'm burning more that 80-110 cals for a half hour!

I think it's because they don't take into our much larger size.

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #13  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Heather--- That's exactly why you come here and talk to all of us! Because at some point, most of us have been right where you are. A couple of years ago, I lost 40lbs. Then, over the course of 2 years, I gained back --oh--37lbs! And I have only just started again.

There are loads of good quotes that have already been posted, but I'll toss out one of my favorites (from Warren Miller): "If you don't do it this year, you'll just be another year older when you do." So keep your chin up! You're already 40lbs ahead of me! You can do it.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

what you need to take away from this is that you know you CAN do it!! Good Luck to you, make sure you stick around here and post, you will be encouraged. It's hard not to be with so many ppl fighting the same fight.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Heather,

Welcome back You can do this. I know you are frustrated but you've stopped the gain. You've learned a lot from your experience. You can lose the weight.

The hardest part about losing weight is maintaining your loss. You've found out the hard way that it is no different for you. I know it is a hard lesson to learn but it can benefit you as you continue on your weight loss journey.

You aren't alone in this journey. We are here for you.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote