View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #13
oreoparent
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Every Sunday I have cottage cheese with about 1-2 tsp of dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing seasoning. I mix it up and yum!!!!! Salt craving solved!

Also for salt cravings:
Parmesan Crunch
I think this is in the cookbook, but this is how I made it last night.
Spray bottom of frying pan with ICBIN Butter Spray. Spread 2-3 oz (or however much you need to make up your protein) on bottom of pan. Heat on medium heat. When Parmesan become solidified and slightly brown on bottom, flip over and slightly brown other side. Cut into strips or eat it whole. Satisfies potato chip craving every time.

Poultry Cauliflower Soup

I came up with this after looking at all the other soups in the cookbook.
16 oz bag of cauliflower
12 oz cooked chicken or turkey breast meat
2 packets chicken bouillon HNS

Add 1 1/2 cups of water to cauliflower. Add both chicken bouillon packets. Heat to boiling then simmer for 10 minutes. Add poultry. Simmer for about 20 more minutes. You probably want to add some MRS. Dash to spice it up and maybe 1/4 cup diced green onions. I am going to try Mrs. Dash Tomato and Basil in it. I can't have a lot of spicy stuff so I eat it bland. I serve it when most of the water has evaporated. It is soooo filling! You can dip your Melba Toast in it at supper time for "crackers"

By the Way, my Sunday paper actually had a coupon for Melba Toast in it this week! NEVER seen that before!

Long-Term Goal

Last edited by oreoparent : 01-15-2008 at 01:13 PM.