Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Default **Weekly Chat Dec.4 - 18**

Checking to make sure I spelled weekly right this time... ok.. set to go! *G*

This morning I weighed myself and it said 190.. which annoys me because in the middle of the week it said 188. Bah. I think it's because I had to eat late last night.. I'll do another weigh-in tomorrow, and count what that says. At least it's not higher than the 190s, right?

This weekend I was slightly abd, but not a lot.. mostly on Friday, because I went out to eat with boyfriend and some people he works with, and I had 2 alcoholic drinks, including a Mud Slide, topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.. *dies*. And I had a cheeseburger, but got that with turkey instead of beef, and surprisingly it tasted the same! I also saw my friend who works with my boyfriend, and she said she could tell that I've been losing weight.

I got my new PUSH dvd today, a week earlier than I thought I would, but that's all right by me. So after letting my food digest, Im going to go and try my new cardio, yay! (wow, who would have thought Id be excited over trying new cardio!)

Have a great Monday, ladies!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:10 AM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok ladies, I need to get my head back into the game. Walked from the bus stop to work today 10 minutes. Will go at lunch and do weights today for at least 30 minutes. Planning on walking from work to the bus which should gather me another 10 minutes and then I need to talk the hubby into visiting the gym at our complex. Can you tell I am wanting to be in spectacular shape for my upcoming cruise?

Here is to a great week ladies!

Fae - Isn't it nice when people notice your hard work paying off. That mudslide so unds to die for, eh it happens. Just back on track this week
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #3  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay the weekend was good except for those three pieces of cake on Saturday afternoon and evening. What was I thinking...oh my! So I am doing the Couch to 5k routing and am spreading it out longer than the 9 weeks. Right now I am up to run 1min15sec and walk 1min15sec for 30 minutes. My goal would be to run a 5k by March w/ my friend who is training for a marathon.

Fae: I love mudslides, one every now and then is good for the soul

stephaniewilliams: A cruise sounds like so much fun!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

[COLOR="Magenta"]Happy Happy Monday to everyone! It's a change for me right now... I am sitting in my office, still in my sweats! Why do you ask> Because I have today off and a three day weekend! I haven’t had one of these in a very long time! Although this means I have to work this upcoming Saturday. but its only for 5 hours.
But this weekend wasn’t a great one at all... one of my worst yet. My depression is getting the best of me and I was an emotional roller coaster all weekend. Happy one minute, sad the other. Which lead to not eating, thank goodness but to the other extreme... good ol' diet pills. I know this is a forbidden word around here, but it was either that or me going to the doctor for anti-depressants, which will make me gain weight and I will become even more depressed. I weighed my options and I am going to try this one.
Seriously, no one knows how I am truly dealing inside... I just cant cope with it anymore. My diet and exercise isn’t cutting it anymore, and I am not seeing results. Sure I can work harder at it, but I need an aid... a helping hand. Please Please don’t nag me about taking these...
I am hoping the clouds will shed and I will once be happy again. I've never felt like this before, and it's dragging me down to the floor.
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Monday Ladies! Let's Start This Monday And Month Off Right, Starting Now!

Good Luck, You Can Do It!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #6  
Proud US Navy Wife

So much for a new workout... I'm going to keep trying it because it looks fun, but this months cardio workout (combat moves) is so CONFUSING! Half the time I stood there confused, so eventually I took out that dvd and put back in kickboxing.. and although I don't enjoy kickboxing all that much, it's a great workout, and something I know how to do. I'll get it, eventually..

Working out is going to be a pain the arse this week.. I have 4 days of closing at work, 3 of them 1-10 shifts.. so there will lots of waking up at 9 am to do my workouts. I will not give up, I will not give up...

stephie - i would be doing the same thing... and you can do it!

dolly - let me know how you do with the running.. I've been tossing around the idea of getting it, because I've always wanted to run. And yes, mudslides are to die for! *G*

sugarfree - *hugs* It looks like you're close to your goal... and the closer you get the harder it is to lose the last lbs. Don't give up, just take it one step at a time.. as long as you keep up being healthy, you will get thre weight off eventually. And I wont nag you about the pills.. my advice though would be to check out the "Does it Work" forum, they have a lot of good points about a lot of different pills, listing things that could be dangerous, etc. Dont give up!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #7  

Good afternoon ladies! Quick check-in before I run off to class... We must all be busy (okay, I wrote that as "busie" at first, I think I'm spending too much time with kindergardeners ), it's so quiet around here!

I made cookies this weekend..... They were really yummy. Stupid yummy cookies I gave a lot of them to the girls upstairs, though, and a lot of the cookies I grabbed to eat I'd take a bite out of and throw the rest of it away. I couldn't muster up the strength to toss the whole plate when I was sick of em, but the bite-and-toss technique made the damage done a little less significant! Everything else has been okay. Went up to Warrenton this weekend to scope out wedding location stuff. I've found what I want, but now I just have to do the calling/organizing part that I hate. Ah well. Stupid fiance being out of the country and unable to help!

Fae: Mmm, mudslides. That was the first mixed drink (does it count as a mixed drink? I guess it does, though it seems more like dessert!) I ever had. I was surprised to find out not all mixed drinks taste like that And combat moves? Sounds tough, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

Stephie: Good on you for getting to the gym

Dolly: I keep wanting to start the c25k, but I always find an excuse not to... :/ good luck!

Spill: your baby has FINGERS!

Gotta run, happy Monday everyone!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #8  
here I go again...

Hello everyone! Does anyone else get headaches when they lower their calorie count? I decided this week to give up white flour, sugar, potatoes, and dairy. It's surprisingly easy to keep your calories fairly low when you aren't eating much processed food. However, I have had a headache all afternoon. I'm hoping it's because I waited too long to eat lunch. I wish it would go away. Advil helped a little, but not enough.

Stephie- It's good to see you around here again! How is your new job/place/life? And a cruise?! I'm so jealous!

Sugarfreeprincess- I understand about the pills and needing a little "push" now and then... just promise if you get the weird caffeine jitters you'll reconsider.

Fae- you'll get the hang of the new workout... just give it time. I went back to an old workout and had to stop halfway through... "technical difficulties" with my coordination, I think

Britomart- I'm glad you're making progress on the wedding planning. Just think how nice it will be to get the organizing done. What kind of cookies did you make... *grr* now I want cookies

I hope everyone had a great Monday!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #9  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
However, I have had a headache all afternoon. I'm hoping it's because I waited too long to eat lunch. I wish it would go away. Advil helped a little, but not enough.
I felt like **** for about the first week after I gave up all that white stuff. Moody, headaches, you name it. I think I was going through some sort of withdrawal. Don't worry, it passed fairly quickly for me.

Sugarfree- There are anti-depressants out there that don't have the weight gain side effect; you just have to find the right one for you. I've been taking Prosac and Busprin (sp?) and I've still been losing without issue. Obviously, you're going to make your own choices and you have to do what's right for you, but I hope you'll reconsider this one. Let us know how you're doing.

Oof.. Bed for Lisa.. Yes, bed for Lisa now.

KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

You guys! It's already Tuesday and you're still on page 1?!? Where is everyone?

Fae- you will not give up! Once you get used to it, you will feel so much better throughout the day when you workout first thing. And you will be a pro at those moves soon enough. When I first did NIA (a free-dance type class), I felt like a drunk cheerleader. I still look ridiculous, but it's so much fun to pretend like I have all the right moves!

Stephanie- read your blog... what kind of maniac have you turned into? You just decided to ditch the bus and walk? Who does that??!?
and if you figure out how to bottle that stuff up, let me know

Princess- I'm sorry you are having a hard time with the blues right now And I hope you find a path that works for you. You know we are not here to judge, but to support you!

ABaker- Yup, giving up all processed foods will definitely give you a headache. I truly believe that your body goes through detox/withdrawl (whatever you may call it). My boyfriend did a full-on juice fast for the first time last year and experienced the most horrendous headache of his entire life the 2nd and 3rd day. If I have a "bad" weekend where I eat more smple carbs/processed foods than whole foods, I definitely go through a withdrawal of some sort come Monday. It's just your body adjusting to the change. Hope you are feeling better!

Dollypie- I'm hoping to run a 5k this spring as well. Good luck in your training! Wll it be your first one?

Jaime- Are you working with a planner of some sort? I personally think that they are beyond, but totally necessary for some things. They certainly make the cold calling a lot easier. The place you posted on your blog looked gorgeous, though (at least I think it was your blog... ).

I'm starting to get that sick feeling, which I'm really mad about because I've been on a healthy streak for about 3 years. Maybe I can kick it before it develops. I have a feeling it's from running in a congested area, but I really enjoy running outside now because when it's sunny it can hit about 50, which is perfect. I've been drinking a lot of fresh grapefruit, so hopefully that will help kill it off. I thought 4 years of working around kids who drag in every kind of sickness possible would have given me a super power of some sort, but I guess not...

Last edited by junebug41; 12-05-2006 at 11:44 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #11  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Tuesday!

Britomart: I feel your wedding planning pains! I'm getting married in about 30 days, and the planning part sux. I put as much on other people as possible. My mom and aunt ordered my wedding cake for me, I have no idea what it looks like and i really don't care. I'm not a picky bride, but I am happy to not have to make a ton of decisions! Just remember* Have FUN as much as you can through the process! or pass the fun on to someone else, like me. Hee hee

Bakerchick: Sounds like what happened to me when I started on the South Beach diet. Same thing, no whites, carbs, sugars. I was pretty unhappy for awhile, but it passes! Hang in there! Drink lots of water = Flush + Detox
You can always eat a lot of veggies to fill you up, less calories.

Junebug: I hope you start feeling better soon! Double up on your vitamins!

Have a great Tuesday!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:48 AM   #12  
Goodbye Fat!

Default Non-Scale Victory

Okay this morning just checking my BMI because I haven't in a while and guess what? I have gone from Obese to Over Weight! I am so excited about this. So then I checked to see how much I have to lose to get to Normal, and I only have to lose 12 more pounds to be at the high end of normal. But hey normal is normal so 12 pounds you better look out.

Junebug: This will be my first 5k. Question for you though. How many days a week to you run. I just seems that my muscles are so fatigued after a good walk/run workout and then the next couple of days I stick to the elliptical and bike. It is a challenge to do that walk/run again. Any tips for a wannabe runner? Hope you don't get sick.

ABakerchick17: I have to agree with theobviouschild. Your body is probably going through withdrawl, mine did the same thing when I cut out white flour and alot of sugars. Just stick with it you will get through. What you might try is having mini meals during this transisition.

britomart: I laughed so hard at your bite-and-toss technique because I have done the same thing and my DH asked what the h*** I was doing. Why would someone through out perfectly good cookies especially homemade ones. So I would take and bite and give the cookie to him. I guess men just don't understand our logic. I am still laughing...

Fae: I found the couch to 5k a little overzealous for me so I am modifing it go a little slower. I am looking forward to challenging myself though!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #13  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Dollypie- I run 4-5 days a week. I have never run a 5k and am a former smoker. Once I quit smoking my problem became leg fatigue as well. This is why I can run for only 30 minute stretches, 40 on a really good day. I need to work on my endurance, which is hard because I really have nothing to motivate me performance-wise. I imagine I will push a lot harder as that elusive first 5k draws near I also like to switch out doing 10 minute cycles of rowing and running.

EDIT; And CONGRATS ON THE BMI!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #14  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok so dinner last night was a fiasco, but not looking back, getting back on track today. Quit my coffee at noon like a good girl and I have my 32 oz Nalgene faithfully by my side. Did 10 flights of stairs here at work as I forgot my gym clothes. Gotta get some kind of exercise in right? So far on plan for food and doing really well at work. Now I just need to get a handle on dinners, they are causing me so much strife!

dolly
- love the c25k program. I am going to be starting up again this week, probably right around the wk5 mark. Quit it for a bit, life got too hectic. Yay on the BMI! Go you!

sugarfree - You know it is almost my tom and I am in the same boat. It just seems like I cannot manage to stay happy. The littlest things set me off...it is so hard to handle. Watch out for certain diet pills...Zantrex 3 for example actually has been found to make people really really depressed. Both my husband and I tried them and had similar results.

fae - You'll get it. Then you will look like a pro and soon have the bod to match!

brito - Bite and Eat although not perfect is an improvement for sure lol.

abakerchick - Love your penguin girly ! Job is stressful, like is stressful rofl...just trying to take it one day at a time.

jen - love a Christmas Story hehe. haha I have turned into a maniac that needs to be in 'wear your bikini 24/7 and take lots of pictures' for my cruise in April hehe.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! I'm new in here, just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Casey. You all seem pretty supportive of each other and that's deffinately what I need right now!.. I'm just getting started but I'm really excited about my new lifestyle and I think this is the perfect place to come to everyday to find support and inspiration.
Anyway, I had a question for anyone that might know the answer. When i moved to college I gained a lot of weight really fast and I got stretch marks. Now I'm wondering if they will go away after I lose the weight and if not how do I get rid of them once I lose the weight??
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote