Old 11-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #31  
Newfie Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 322/322/175

Height: 5'11"

I'm just SO TIRED.
No matter how much I sleep... tired.
*sigh*

I live in Vancouver and we're getting snow.. so the city is pretty much shut down. I can't go for walks because the sidewalks are completely covered in ice.

boo to winter! bring back summer!

(I even had a dream that I was running. For a long-*** time)
newfiesara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:30 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 145/145/99

Height: 5,6

Hello everyone.

newfiesara: I am so happy that I'm not the only one who lives in the land of ice and snow. Although I live on the opposite side of the world the weather conditions are quite the same.

I moved couple of hundred kilometres south in the fall and now I'm still able to walk outside without fear of falling to my butt. There has been a small warm period and almost all of the snow and ice has melted. I hope the weather stays this way as long as possible. I love Nordic walking and this is the best time to do it because it's not too hot and I love the smell of winter.

My grandfather past away last summer so this Christmas will be weird in many ways. He used to buy a big box of chocolate to all of his grandchildren in spite of their age. This year I don’t have to. I also thought about making myself some low-fat options of the Christmas meal. Any suggestions?
laurentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

The last day of November gals! and where it went, I have no idea!
Everyone ready for their December goals?
I am actually really excited for them.. bring it on! I want to see how far I can push myself and really what I am capable when I set my mind to it... now is the time where we need to stick by eachother and help one another! PLEASE get ahold of me if anyone is feeling low or would just like to vent!! no one should ever feel alone!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #34  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Laurentine- winter does have a "smell", doesn't it? I actually like driving down those little snowpacked streets that never get plowed. I dunno, there's just somthing calming about it. I think it's because the noise is muffled so it seems quieter?

newfiesara- We just got your storm- brrrrr!!!!!!

martini- you mean our sole purpose in those boy's lives is NOT to go around picking up after them? Color me shocked....

Cookiemonster- sometimes noticing it can be a good motivator. I didn't have a scale around for a few months last winter and my only indicator that there was a problem was the fact that my clothes weren't fitting well. And after replacing an entire wardrobe months earlier, I wasn't doing it again!

dollypie- even in subzero temps and crazy snow, my gym has been packed this week! This is when our new memberships shoot through the roof. Don't worry, it will calm down around Valentine's Day...

KNITTERS- I am the happiest girl in the world right now. We had a houseguest recently and she kept herself busy by knitting. I have always been so jealous of you knitters, but always put off taking the plunge. Wellll, I arrived home to find a package on our doorstep and she had sent me a box of super soft wool, needles, and the "Stitch And Bit*h" book, which is apparently a good book to learn from? I started last night and I am HOOKED! I haven't even gotten the hang of it, but I find it very relaxing.... and it keeps my hands busy. I'm definitely loving it!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #35  
Goodbye Fat!

I am fighting a horrible headache at work today and taking a break. I don't want to be here, but we have huge presentation next week and we have to get all the materials in by Friday. Okay just wanted to stop in and say hi off to find the Excedrin and make some hot tea.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #36  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
KNITTERS- I am the happiest girl in the world right now. We had a houseguest recently and she kept herself busy by knitting. I have always been so jealous of you knitters, but always put off taking the plunge. Wellll, I arrived home to find a package on our doorstep and she had sent me a box of super soft wool, needles, and the "Stitch And Bit*h" book, which is apparently a good book to learn from? I started last night and I am HOOKED! I haven't even gotten the hang of it, but I find it very relaxing.... and it keeps my hands busy. I'm definitely loving it!
That's the best book EVAH!! I also recommend the S & B Nation book, which has tons of super-cute patterns in it, as well as knitty.com.
I'm so glad you've started; I use knitting as a way to not mindlessly snack, especially during movies and the like. Welcome to the world of KNITTERS!!!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #37  

Lisa & Jen: I LOVE knitting. It is a great tactic to keep hands busy. My problem is I don't do much that I don't need a hand for... I need to get one of those stands that keeps books open in front of me so I can knit while I read!! I'm making scarves for people for Christmas. I want to keep them, they're so awesome (the one in my avatar is the first one I ever completed). I'm not very good at it, but I'm getting better... At least I can reliably knit AND purl, it's just a matter of remembering which goes where in a pattern!

Fae: Woot! Go you on the BMI thing! .2 under 30 is still under 30!!

martini: you might have said, but I don't remember... when's the wedding planned for or have you set a date? Picking up after someone does get old fast, I'm sure... I pick up after my fiance for certain things, but he has to pick up after me for others so it balances out I always leave cups and mugs around that he takes to the kitchen, whereas he leaves his socks, coat, bags laying around.... We have an understanding!

Nikaia: That's probably why you're bloated The more water you drink, the less bloated you get... Funny counter-intuitive bodies we have!

helpmelose: welcome!

june (& all of you complaining of snow): It was SO nice here today! I can't understand it, tomorrow is december, and it probably got up to 70 (maybe a smidge higher) today. This is nutso. I'd almost give anything for snow, just to feel normal again.......

Well, yesterday I had a big fat food hangover. I have to stop doing this to myself, the whole eat-till-you're-sick (or should be sick) thing! Gah! I'm getting better though, that I can say. I had a really nice, sensible dinner today and feel much better.

I officially have two more days of class left in the term -- Monday and Tuesday. I'm hoping I can make it through that and term papers and exams... Every day that passes I get more and more excited now because I get to see my fiance again on the 27th... Haven't seen him since the beginning of October. That's going to be awesome December will be a great month, I hope!!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #38  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Eek, I've gotten behind.
Welcome to all those that are new!
I promise I've read everything It's just a little much to respond to.
For Jamie that asked, my wedding is supposed to be in October of next year, but I want a warm wedding Haha, we're working on it.

Things have settled down here. The Christmas tree is all up, and I'm about to go to bed. Just wanted to let all of you ladies know that I've caught up!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

YAY for knitting!!!

Ok, so that was a little much, but I get so excited to find other 20 something knitters!
Yes, s-n-b books are the best, as well as the happy hooker which features crochet!
I guess I am just a crafting junkie... i cant get enough of it!!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #40  

The Happy Hooker??? I really want to learn to crochet. I think I'll save that as my 2007 project. 2006's project was to learn to knit, which I did. I don't have any of the SnB books, are they project books? Or learning books? Or books where girls talk and btch about knitting?
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #41  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

They're a bit of both. SnB and SnB:Nation both have some awesome patterns, ranging from super-easy to pretty hard. I would say that SnB is a better learning book for true beginners, SnB:Nation is better for beginners who have mastered the knit/purl stitch. Barnes and Noble should have them in stock; I would recommend going and flipping through them. Very funny, very easy to read/understand, and awesome, unique patterns! What more could you ask for? (I promise I don't work for SnB, I'm just a big fan!)
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #42  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

You know, I really liked a lot of what the s n' b has to say, but I just could not learn how to start! Even Ross tried it and he couldn't get it and he is an instructions nut, so this morning I had one of our figure skating moms show me and it was like -POOF- I'm knitting. I guess learning to knit solely from a book is like trying to learn how to fly a spaceship with an instructions manual.

But I have officially finished my first swatch And I'm still hooked!

And I must say, it certainly helps kill my snacking habit!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #43  
Goodbye Fat!

So I crocheted a blanket for my Mom about a year ago and cannot for the life of me remember how I did it and books don't make much sense to me. I need to be taught hands on. That okay because I like quilting much better. I my laundry/craft room I have a TV set up and my sewing maching w/ my comfy chair.

I hope all of you are staying warm and have a great weekend!

newfiesara: Have you been tested to see if you are anemic? One year in college all I wanted to do was sleep. We are talking sleeping for eight hours and then taking a nap in the morning, afternoon, and evening before bed.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #44  
here I go again...

I love knitting too! I had someone teach me to do it, but I just wasn't getting the hang of it on my own. So... I went to the library and got a CHILDREN'S learn-to-knit book and it helped more than anything else I had ever read... so if you're lost, get to the library!

So, I'm staying home from work this morning because it is so snowy/blowy outside and I live out in the Boondocks and have no desire to get stuck... the snow is supposed to let up around noon, so I hopefully won't have to use a full day of leave... I've got to save it for my vacation! It's funny, the kids next door don't have school today (cancelled for weather) and were outside at about 7:30 to play in the snow. They were only out for about ten minutes before they got too cold. It made me very nostalgic for when I was a kid and played out in the snow for hours, building forts and playing with the dogs and all that... makes me wish I had some snow boots and pants!

Anyways, I hope you all are staying warm and dry and are having a FANTASTIC FRIDAY! I love Friday!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote