Old 11-28-2006, 12:37 AM   #16  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Elyn, I hate to say it, but it comes down to willpower. Knowing what the right choice is to make, and having the strength to make it.

For some people, planning really helps. Chart out your day. Figure out where your meals are going to go, and what they're going to be. That sort of thing.

It doesn't do it for me, so I just go moment-by-moment and make the best choices I can.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #17  

Yeah, Daisy, good job on keeping that door shut. Those things can be quite evil, though they're only really really evil when they're fresh from a store. Still, I've been known to do bad things with KK doughnuts. Like, eat them

Elyn, I agree with Nikaia -- willpower. You just have to will yourself to enjoy doing what you're doing so that you keep doing it. Read some stuff about being overweight, what it does to your body, how it changes the chemical processes in your brain, etc. Then whenever you feel like opening a box of cookies, think about all that info you've read. I find this kind of reality-check is the best way for me to avoid junk. Education is the key
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #18  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi Ladies- Happy Tuesday!

Elyn: Something that really helps me, is having healthy choices around. I go to the store each week and buy turkey meat from the deli and make the best sandwiches for lunch. I also have fat free pretzels, oranges, and yogurt around to snack on. Dinner is usually chicken breast and veggies, or soup of some kind. Keep it simple! It saves you $$$ too! Fast food and eating out $$$ adds up fast!
Best wishes to you!

LOL @ Daisy on the KK donuts---- your funny, but great job!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #19  

Whoah! This thread sure is busy this week. Although I'm not surprised. I think we all need some moral support after Thanksgiving, a holiday around eating.

I'm not going to kid myself, since Wednesday I have completely stopped working out and stuffed myself.

Unfortunately, I am now starting to notice it. I have always been battling the same 10 pounds (up and down), but according to the scale it is now a 20 pound difference. Since I graduated college 6 months ago I have gained 20 pounds. My clothes no longer fit.

My big goal for Decemeber is no more binges! I keep telling myself that and I follow for about a week, but then something comes up and I binge. I'm sure all of you understand.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #20  
Goodbye Fat!

Sounds as if everyone has a good holiday. I had a great one well with too much food for sure. Today I am back on track. Made it to the gym this morning and felt like a snail in the treadmill. Tonight I am not going to binge but have healthy meal. I have to get back to planning and calorie counting. It is the only thing that keeps me in check. Everyone have a great day!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #21  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Nikaia - Maybe your goal should be set lower for yourself so you can reach it. Or better yet, i recommend not putting a minutes goal. Some people just say "exercise 4 times a week, then they log their minutes. So at the end you aren't staring at a goal to reach but how much you exercised this month. Honestly I've made my goal only 3 times this year... but it's something that keeps me going and counting so i dont slack off.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #22  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

ABakerchick17: Do you have a slowcooker? If so, I've got a ton of really great, tasty dishes.

Elynlovesyou:
You should find a diet plan that works best for you. You may have adopted a diet plan that is working for everyone else, but one that you find too difficult to stick to. One of the ladies in my support group doesn't focus on food anymore, but rather on exercise. Once she gets her exercise in to a healthy habit/range, she will then start to work on food. But she won't start calorie counting, she'll start first with portion control, then move on to what food she puts in her mouth. Hope this helps!

Cookie: You definitely have the right attitude! Hop back in the saddle

--
I've had a good last couple of days, food-wise. Getting a bit annoyed with DF, but it'll pass. Might just be that I am crabby today. Or it might just be that I am finally tired of picking up after other people.

Le sigh!
How is everyone else doing?
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #23  
Resident Witchling

Trnsfrm, that may be a better idea. I was going by miles rather than minutes, since I'm a walker. But if I can just say "x times per week" it takes the pressure off of how much I'm doing and makes the focus just getting up and DOING. Which is honestly the harder part for me...when I see a 2-mile walk looming, I'm so much less likely to get up and get started than when I'm doing a shorter one. Thanks for the suggestion!

------

I'm massively bloated right now...how is that possible, when I haven't HAD any water to retain today? Yes, I know, bad Nikaia for not drinking water. Bad. But I still wanna know how I can be so bloated right now.

Not to mention, it's meaning that I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to go apply for this job I want, since I can't fit into my only job-seeker-appropriate clothes when I'm bloated like this. Argh.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:20 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 164/164/140

thanks for all the tips guys.

i just really am having trouble.. it's difficult keeping myself accountable.
Elynlovesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

Hey gals!!

Just got out of the shower from the gym, relaxing with some tea and just thought I would mosey on and wish everyone a great week! I know this is a little in-formal and I will admit I am way to lazy right now to respond or say an individual hi to everyone, but I've read it all and let me just say that I am so proud of everyone for staying focused through Thanksgiving! And even if you let yourself go for that one day (raises hand), or 3 , you are still on track!
You know why??
Casue your right back here and you show determination!

You are all beautiful and I'm not just talking about inner beauty...

Only a few more weeks until Christmas then we all can let a big sigh of release out...
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:22 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hello Everyone - I am new here too! I have tried a few different diets and I think I am just going to make healthy decisions- I am not going to completely elminiate a specific type of food because I found that it makes it harder to stay on the diet and when you do drop off you put A LOT back on.

Elyn- I agree with what another person said, I have to plan out my day and I will stick to it but if I just try to get through the day most of the time I don't make good decision. I have found that www.fitday.com is helpful and I am going to use that to keep track of my calories, you can also keep track of the exercising that you do.
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:40 AM   #27  
Resident Witchling

Sugarfree, you're such a babe. Muchss love.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:06 AM   #28  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Happy humpday, ladies!

I think my outside running days are over for the year..... it finally snowed! I haven't the slightest idea why I'm so excited about this (maybe it's because our Christmas decorations looked pretty ridiculous in 65 degree weather).

The "eat, drink, and be merry" business finally caught up to me, mainly the "drink" part. The "eat" part was fine. I actually escaped T-day dinner with only one plateful and it wasn't all that big. I consider that a moral victory.

But yeah, there was one night in particular where mojitos were involved- not pretty.

So anyway, this thread is waaaay too fast, but I thought I would jump in to say "hello"! Hope you are all staying on plan as best you can, even though it's the holidays and cold and snowy (yay!). We must be strong!

And Daisy- HUGE moral victory declining the KK!

Oh, and welcome to the new faces!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #29  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hello ladies!

Well, it's finally happened.. after my laziness of last week (only one cardio session, and no strength AT ALL... oh thank you so much, evil week of retail-working), I realized that I have to get all my workouts in this week, no matter what. So here I am, waking up at the (for me) early hour of 8:30 to do my cardio before work. Right now Im having breakfast.. give my tummy a half hour to sit, then go do cardio.

The last couple days have been good... gettin the Christmas three up and stuff, even though yesterday it was warm enough to go to work without a jacket or hoodie on, and therefore doesn't really feel like Christmastime. Still, it's been giving me an upbeat outlook. Here's to hoping it lasts!

And an achievement.. for me at least. I decided to check my BMI last night, and it's actually under 30! Not by a lot... it's 29.8. But still, under 30!

Nikaia - Sometimes your body can use a short change.. Your body gets used to the same routine, so when you introduce something new. I remember when I used to go to Curves, a lady who worked there told me that she was trying to lose the last 10 lbs, and they would not budge. So one night she was like "What the ****." and had a big meal out.. the next day she weighed herself and had lost 2 lbs. And as for the challenges... I like them, but everyone is different. What works for me won't always work for you, so if ya don't like 'em, don't do 'em!

Mande - Im sort of like that with my mother... *hugs* Honestly if you think you can work better from home, do it. I have my home stuff (PUSH), and it works as well for me this time as Curves has worked last time. It all deals with if you stick to it, and it really works. You can do it!

Daisy - *giggles* good job!

Elyn - take it one step at a time, one meal at a time. Figure out what you're going to have. And if you go a little off course, that's all right. It's a learning process. I read in my You book that a helpful thing to do with losing weight is picking one or two meals a day and eating the same thing every day. I do that.. Cheerios or Shredded wheat with a half cup of 2% milk, and 2 lean turkey breakfast sausages for breakfast, and either chicken soup or spinich-feta cheese bake for lunch. The food is good, it makes me feel good, and helps me stay where I'm supposed to be!

Cookie - You can do it!

Dolly - *hugs* It's the holiday thing, man... those darn holidays!

sugar - you're adorable. Thanks for the words of encouragement... And you're right, we all do pretty much kick butt.

All right, almost time for Fae to go do some early-mroning kickboxing.. and surprisingly enough, the tree does not really bother me!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #30  
Goodbye Fat!

Good morning everyone!

Well yesterday was a good day with food and exercise. We had a party at work for the student workers that are graduating and I totally passed up the cookies and icecream. I did have only a bite of cake, but that keep the temptation at bay by just having the taste. The gym was real busy this morning, I guess other people are trying burn off those extra Thanksgiving calories as well.

Fae: I got all of my holiday stuff up as well

Welcome helpmelose!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote