Old 11-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #16  
here I go again...

Hehe- It says "I <3 Spinning"... I'm turning into a spinning junkie
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:23 AM   #17  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

You know, I've been considering something to do with the XBox. Maybe I can buy him some more minutes. But I really want to wow him.
OMG. GREAT IDEA. MUST SAVE MONEY!
A digital camcorder He would never suspect it, but he loves making mini films with my digital camera, but there's no sound. I should be getting dressed, but instead I'm totally going to hunt around and see what there is online!

PS
ABakerChick: I'm a huge fan of Bridget You inspired me to change my avatar. Hehe.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #18  
Proud US Navy Wife

You all are adorable.... my boyfriend loves 3d puzzles, so I was planning on getting him the New York, New York 3d puzzle... unfortunitely, it's discontinued, and the only place I could find it sold it for $110! Keep searching ebay... *G*

Nothing is super-new since yesterday... I need to figure out something to eat before I go to work, but Im kind of sick of all the food in my apartment, hah! Probably have some leftovers and some popcorn, I usually eat a lot before these shifts, because its a 6 hour shift when I don't get to eat!

Martini - Have fun with your new laptop! Im saving up for one as soon as I get the PS2 im saving for.. yay for working with computers *G*. I hope you're having lots and lots of fun with it! And the book is called The New Dieter's Cookbook put out by Better Homes and Gardens. It looks like fun!

Lisa - Woot! Congratulations!

june - I know the feeling, I hate rainy weather. It makes me want to go to sleep. =/. You can do it, though... do some fun cardio, THEN take a nap! Hehe. That's what I tell myself, and usually by the time Im done with the cardio I dont feel like sleeping anymore. And my celebrating? Im going to get drunk *G* I've drank once, a couple of drinks, since I took on the challenge. But I promised myself that I'm allowed to drink a bit more than that if I hit my goal!

Dreamer - I know the feeling. I like to keep myself really busy, but Im seeing that it's hard to fit everything in! *hugs*

Amanda - *hugs* on all the crap going on. And I hope your friend gets better.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #19  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay I am back from vacation. It was long and I was glad to be back. Washington D.C. was beautiful and the weather was great. I had never seen all the fall colors in the leaves and they were spectacular. I did really well eating wise while I was gone, except for the last three days. It start with my free meal on Saturday night and then I just went on a binge Sunday and Monday. I know it was because I was so tired and could not plan my meals. It didn't help that when I got home the last thing I wanted to do was grocery shop so no fruits or veggies at all yesterday. My stomach is revolting and I haven't slept well the past two nights. When in D.C. I took my pedometer to track my miles...let's just say that over seven days I walked over 40 miles and my calf muscles felt every minute of it. The good news is I am back on track today and had my morning workout. I have decided not to weigh in until my normal day on Monday, that will give me time to get back to my normal routine the next few days. The bad news is that I have two Thanksgiving dinners planned this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I can get through it know. I am planning on walking after those meals to keep from snacking on desserts.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:55 AM   #20  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok ladies so yesterday was disaster. I did not OVEREAT I just did not make a good choice for dinner like I promised. I also did not make it to the gym at lunch. You know I hate going to the gym at lunch but the way my schedule is now if I don't go then ... it doesn't get done. Once the house is unpacked and I get back into routine it will be easy to justify going to the gym at home. Man I wish I was to that point already I am still finding myself super stressed.

bakerchick - haha on the brazillian buttlift. All is well and I am happy to be back

jen - Rain and snow in the forecast!?!??! Boo! Get some workout time in for me will ya?

Lisa - congrats on your NSV! Here is to many more.

dolly - Glad your vaca went so well! Reminds me I need to take one lol. Good plan on the walking to avoid to dreaded desserts.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #21  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

martiniforme - How exciting! I just had something similar happen to me! I've had my desktop computer since I was 16 (I bought it with my first jobs paycheck! haha) and now I'm 22. Pretty old. My husband's job is with computers, so he's a huge computer geek. ANYWAYS, we've never been able to keep presents from eachother, but he kept mine from me for the past few months! A few days ago I said to him, "Josh, I'm going to throw my computer out the window! Can't we just go get a new one or you build one? It's not like we don't have the money." and he kind of froze, trying to think of a response haha He ended up telling me that my new computer was all wrapped and waiting at my parents house in their spare room! Now I have to act surprised! hehe I've been counting down the days that I have left on this crappy old computer. I can't wait for my new one. My husband is so into electronics that he only buys the best (he records/edits his guitar on it too). Anyways, I'm rambling now, just thought it was funny how similar our stories were
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #22  
Living the Laguna life...

hey girls!

a big HI to everyone i haven't met yet!!!

i have a question for everyone. so the last month or so i've been having these weird weigh ins...i will be down to 140 or around there and then i'll weigh in the next day and be a lot heavier (as in plus three or five pounds) it usually goes away within two or three days, but it makes me so nervous!! i just weighed in sunday at 140.4 (i know, counting by the tenths is sad), and then i weighed in monday at 143.0 and tuesday at 145!!! ACK! i have never fluctuated THIS much (and i've been dieting / maintaining for what seems like ever and it's not my period or anything like that). anyway, just wondering if anyone has any advice. i'm sitting here freaked out that i have somehow gained five (shoot even one or two) pounds! i am really going to focus on working out A LOT before thanksgiving and eating well and hopefully this weight will go back down to 140 and i'll only have two pounds to lose before thanksgiving! if i can get my weigh back to normal, i know i could do it!

stephie -- i'm so happy you moved back in with the hubbie!! i am not traveling for work next week, and i am sooo excited to be able to go to the grocery store and buy food for my meals!!

junebug -- i think rain and snow spell bum for everyone!!

bakerchick -- i loovve spinning too. i never get to go when i am traveling, so i am excited to get a chance to go next week! it really depends on what music the instructor plays though...what are your faves?
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #23  
here I go again...

Michelle- I find it really hard to spin to music I don't know... I really like a good mix of everything. We were spinning to the theme song from Shaft today during a slow standing run today with heavy resistance and it was like the intro was leading to the sprint at the end. It was great! Luckily, the instructor is really good at keeping it mixed up, so there's usually great music. Did an all-U2 spin the other day and it was great The biggest problem is volume! I think if she doesn't already have substantial hearing damage that she's well on her way. My right ear was numb/ringy for 30 minutes after class last Friday! I take a Sunday class with a different instructor and he plays really low key alternative music, which is a nice change. Sorry, didn't mean to go on so long... just really excited that I found something I actually love doing at the gym! I'm glad you'll get to go next week! Traveling always throws a wrench in things. What is your favorite spin music? Is your class crazy-loud, too?

Stephie- There was a story on the news last night about people getting booty implants and fat transfers so they "don't have to be ashamed of their derrieres" WTF? I would glady share my excess with any interested parties.
HA! (That's where I got the Brazilian butt thing...)

Martini- Bridget is excellent. Although I must say seeing Renee all toothpicky in other movies (esp. Chicago!) kind of freaks me out now...
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #24  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hi ladies

just want to say i am lurking and reading all your posts. everyone has so much going on and i want to do justice to you so i will be back later with a proper post.

keep at it!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:45 PM   #25  

Good evening ladies

Had a busy weekend entertaining a friend up in DC. I was happy to see him, but the trip overall was variously frustrating and disappointing... It's a lot to get in to but the main issue is that my friend is incredibly political... and hates the US. He's pretty much as far-left as you can go. Now, I'm no flag-waving fan of a lot of what's been going on, but I don't hate it here. So it was really frustrating to go into DC, a city which I think is absolutely beautiful, and at every corner hear something negative or anti-American. The rest of the weekend was also frustrating but for other reasons. Oh well. I guess I learned it's better to maintain my friendship with him on Canadian soil, as I can't stand to have him down here.

I realized today that I joined 3FC back around February (March?) of this year... when I started really looking to get back into losing weight. And you know what? In that time, I've gained at least 5 pounds. And yeah, five pounds isn't a lot, but it's stuck around for this long and I can't get rid of it. It's been 9 months and no progress has been made. It's kind of depressing... maybe if I try real hard I can turn that into some kind of motivation, but for now, it's just sad.

We get the whole week off next week for Thanksgiving, I'm definitely looking forward to that. I need to catch up on SO much work... Of course, I could be sitting here getting work done now, but instead I watch Desperate Housewives on abc.com, play with a new avatar, and post on 3FC (BTW, in my avatar I'm showing off my first ever completed piece of knitting... I'm giving it to my mom for Christmas...)

maja - heya! long time no see (except for the b-day post!). Have an awesome time with your new toy... I know you'll get lots of use out of it! I hope you'll come back and spend time with us again

amanda - sorry to hear about your separation. but I agree, if it's what you feel is best... at the end of the day, you really have to listen to yourself and do what's best for yourself. you have to live with you for the rest of your life please hang in there and keep us posted.

martini - i wish i had a new computer.... for no real reason except I'm afraid this one will randomly die on me any day! it's just over 4 years old... laptop... hasn't broke once in the time I've had it, whereas everyone else who I know bought a laptop four years ago (my freshman year in college buddies) all have had to replace their computers already. So I'm just waiting......

fae - $110? Yikes! Ebay is the best, though. In high school I spent almost every penny I earned babysitting on ebay stuff. Man, if only I had learned the value of NOT buying posters of bands I'd stop liking in 6 months.... :/ I haven't done a puzzle in ages, I think I'm going to pick one up to do with the FH over the holidays Seems like a good, wintery, coupley thing to do.

Dolly - were you in DC Sunday? The weather was terrible Sunday, but SO gorgeous Fri + Sat!! Man, Fall here is driving me nuts. Of course, my friend visiting me was down from northern Ontario, so he came with sweaters and coats and.... arrived in 70 degree weather. At least he got to use them all Sunday, when the weather was evil again..... And I never go to DC without walking up and down half the city, I love it!!

stephie - yay for being back with DH. I know you must be exstatic (sp?). See, the wait wasn't too long... Now you've got your kick-*** job and your kick-*** hubby, what more could you need?

michelle - drink more water? other than that, I don't know. Our bodies are weird. They are completely irrational. They go against every possible thing we could expect them to do on a regular basis. It's just the way it is. Why not lay off on the scale a few days so you don't get freaked out? maybe concentrating on the exact number every day isn't helping... but everyone has their "thing"....

daisy - hope you had a good weekend!! good to see you around.

I think I got everyone. If I missed anyone, Hi! Time to go read.... up early tomorrow to chase kindergardeners around..... and two more days till Thanksgiving break!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #26  
Losing To Live

FaeReverie: Thanks!!

dollypie: Way to go on all the mileage!! Sounds like you had a good time

mtp_and_hmp: That's awesome!! And a little uncanny, hehe. The DF LOVES eletronics. He used to want to custom build computers and sell them at a marked down price than the major labels, and just a bit over the cost of the supplies, but he worked for a place building and repairing, and he lost the love. Now he just does it for the hobby. I bet our men would have a ball hanging out together oo-ing and ah-ing over eachother's computers and other various electronic devices. But let me ask you this... Do you ever get sick of the wires and electrical cords suspended everywhere? Or is it only my DF that does that?! hahaha.

miss michelle: I'm not sure :/ Since I've never really drastically lost, only gained or maintained, I have no clue. Have you been deviating from your usual schedule very much in the last month or so?

ABaker: I know, eh? I was a huge fan of her in Jerry Maguire, I thought she looked great! I'm naturally a "hip-y" girl, so I love to see women that wear their hips loud and proud! LOL. And I adored her mental mindset in ...Diary because it is so much more realistic. I once saw this commercial, I can't remember what product it was for, but it was a woman's product. Basically, this woman is walking from her desk at work to the washroom, and we're privy to her thoughts. They bounce all over the place to the new hot guy, then the girl who she doesn't like, but smiles at anyway, and then to her in the mirror checking out her butt. It's great. I'll see if I can find the clip... 35 minutes later, nothing! Ah well. It's funny as heck tho.

I want to buy a treadmill because I love in the far north of Alberta, near Cold Lake, and for those of you who are just getting snow, it's been snowing on and off already for the past 2 months :|. Needless to say, we got a HUGE snowfall last night, and the snow went about 3 inches up our door so when we opened the door there was like this mini wall. It's so difficult to go walking. I was shoveling the walkways and door steps, and I kept having to go inside to warm up, and I was all bundled up (trust me, I'm from Canada. The Canadians know what the ultimate bundled up is, make sure you pee first! LOL). So I want to buy a treadmill, but they are all sooooo expensive!!! Any ideas?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #27  
Losing To Live

britomart: Lucky you! Mine just kept overheating, and no amount of thermal compound would save it
Old 11-15-2006, 12:17 AM   #28  
Proud US Navy Wife

Lets see, what did Fae do today? More kickboxing.. wow, that stuff really kicks my butt. I bought post-it flags at work today, so when i got home DB and I went through and flagged all the recipes we would like purple (and yellow when the purple ran out) for both of us, blue for me, and pink for him. Woot, Im excited about it! Some chocolate deserts with decent calories. Breadsticks and breads... and some really yummy looking dinners (it has a recipe for low-cal buttermilk ranch dressing that im dying to try.. unfortunitely, the calorie thing says for that plus the salad.. any ideas how I could figure out the info for just the dressing? Not that I wont try the salad too, it looks interesting). And to top it off, the book has a bunch of meatless dinners... good to have next time I see my best friend, a vegetarian. I think maybe I'll photocopy them and send them to her.

dolly - I hope you're feeling better. =/

Stephie - *hugs* I'm sorry you're so stressed, and I'm sorry you weren't able to make it to the gym. Dont get too hard on yourself. You'll be back to you're old routine in no time!

Michelle - I'm not sure.. but I hope you get it figured out. Maybe you should ask a doctor.. because we all know that our opinions are amazing and all, but medical people know best.

Daisy - *hugs*

Brit - well, you know what Im gonna say to you already. And what can I say, he loves puzzles.

Martini - Bah. Poor snow. *hugs*
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:17 AM   #29  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I just noticed someting on my profile - the join date. I've been a 3FC member for 3 years and 1 day! Wow - I owe so much of where I am now to 3FC. Thanks!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:37 AM   #30  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Yay! Just wanted to pop in and report I lost again this week! Brings the grand total up to 23 lbs!! Huzzah!

Now it's time to go work out! I'll be back in later!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote