Old 11-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Default Much too young to feel this tired...*Despondancy Alert*

Its happened again. I make excellent progress, get really excited about weight loss and my life in general and then I get tired, and busy and EVERYTHING seems to fall apart. I feel like I'm not putting the effort I need to put in in my classes, at work, or in my weight loss. Its to a point where I haven't even done laundry in ages and my room is a nightmare.

I know it's my responsibility. I really need to get motivated but I'm not sure how. I have been diagnosed with depression a couple time in my life (I'm only 20) and I really feel like this is some sort of relapse even though for the longest time Ive been feeling so wonderfully positive even when things weren't going so well.

I really hope its just a funk and not a depression relapse because I just dont have the time for therapy right now (although I know that If I must get treatment, I must).

anyhow, just really wanted to vent

thanks

Mirth (Kinda ironic name huh?)
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #2  
Proud US Navy Wife

*hugs* First of all, I know how you feel.. I've had similar feelings before.

My best advice would be to budget your time. When you feel like you don't have time to do everything, sit down and write down all the things you need to do, then give each one a time to do it in. Like, one day you do some cleaning in your room after studying for you test, the next day you work out before going to work. That kind of thing. If you do do this, make sure to write it down.. not only does it help you figure it out, but if it's tangible, like on a piece of paper, it's more likely you'll stick with it.

I hope you figure it out, and I hope this helps. If you ever need to talk, everyone here is here for you.. and feel free to PM me if you ever want to.

~Fae
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #3  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

I agree with Fae. I often have feelings of depression, leaving to lack of motivation. Some days, just getting going seems like the biggest hurtle of my life. What I've done is I've built myself a weekly schedule. I have time slots in 30 minute incriments. I try to spread everything out as best I can. I even give myself 30 minutes each night to plan the next day's meals, and a couple hours on Saturday or Sunday to pre-make meals for the following week. This cuts down on the time it takes to cook meals, etc. And talking about my feelings of depression with an impartial party helps me as well.

Like Fae said, if you ever need to talk, I'm here for ya! I'm sure I speak for everyone.

~Mande
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:02 AM   #4  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

I'm also facing similar obstacles at the moment (time being the obstacle). I, also, agree with the other girls. If we don't give ourselves enough time everything just spirals outward (this coming from a person with bad time management ). When I don't manage my time, I stress over everything, leading to depression (feeling like utter doodoo most days). But taking small steps at managing my time has helped so much to relieve me from stress (although I'm still trying to adjust to the new plan).
Like the others, if you ever need an ear (or eyes in this case ), I'd be happy to talk

Sorry if I sound a bit vague, I'm not much for explaining in detail. Just letting you know that you are not alone
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:37 AM   #5  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

i don't know if this is true for you, but i get lost, depressed and overwhelmed when my 'space' isn't clean. before i start getting back on track with everything else, i have to clean/organize my room, apartment, desk etc.

and then like some of the others have mentioned, write out a plan.

i'm sure you've already heard this stuff a million times before.....

but good luck, and take care of yourself...
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Thanks so much the the support guys! It really made me feel heard.

My mother actually helped me out by offering to do my laundry (which she never doaes) and I was able to roll up my sleeves and organize my room and its made a big difference. Ill be able to map out my calendar and put a dent in the several papers I have due soon. So my life is slowly getting back under control and my
out look is improving.

Thanks Again,

and it looks like Im not as off track in terms of weight loss as I thought. Im now about 2 pounds lighter than my "current" weight on my avatar.yay!
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote