Old 11-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #1  
mybiggestgoal

S/C/G: 260/194/160

Height: 5'4

Cool Stress!!!!!!!!!1

Hey everyone, I am student with way to much stress besides the fact of being 20+. I have to say I need a kick in the but. I was wondering how everyone else is dealing with their stress. My old way of dealing with stress was food but we all know where that got me. Happy weight loss
dautey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #2  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

When I get stressed, I clean. Cleaning somehow gets rid of all my negative emotions, not just stress. And I don't just tidy, I "spring" clean, and rearrange furniture. Gotta say, it drives the DF crazy. I also have a weekly schedule I set up for myself so I can manage to get the important things in, and still manage to set aside time for myself. If I don't set aside that time, I get caught up in other things, and then I really get stressed.

Hope that helped!
~Mande
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:34 AM   #3  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

I stop what I do, and walk outside for a while. It seems to keep my mind at rest, and my thoughts trail elsewhere. Sometimes I play with my kitties, and their playful antics cheer me up. Maybe you can do something that really takes your mind away from everything else, whatever it may be , and just do that from time to time whenever you feel the stress coming on.
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #4  

cleaning does it for me too! #1 it allows me to put aside every single cause of stress and focus on something else (unless, of course, you're stressed out because the house is dirty!). #2 I can take out all my negative energy on that dang soap scum, or that cat hair covering the arm chair.

I'm not great at handling stress myself. I eat, and when I don't allow myself to do that, I sleep, and when it's not time to do that, I clean. There's my stress-handing heirarchy
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #5  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

My coping mechanism is the internet. Damn, I wish my coping was cleaning though! As it is my house is a wreck...
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #6  
mybiggestgoal

S/C/G: 260/194/160

Height: 5'4

Cool Thanks Alot!!

Your responses were very helpful! I do like cleaning but I never thought I could use it as a way to relieve stress. Thanks again! Happy weight loss

Mini goal

Last edited by dautey; 11-09-2006 at 05:39 PM.
dautey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #7  

I shop. I love the way sales people make me feel special. And I love walking through the mall with bags. It means you have less money to spend on food too
WhitWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

I clean too! It totally helps me get my mind off of things!
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #9  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitWhit View Post
And I love walking through the mall with bags. It means you have less money to spend on food too
I bet you get a lot of exercise carrying those bags around, especially if you've baught alot of stuff! When DF harps on me for how much I buy, I'm going to point this out to him! :LOL:
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote