Old 11-08-2006, 01:30 AM   #1  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Nsv

I have some exciting news to share with everyone I can now officially say that I'm a size 16! I haven't been a size 16 in almost 6 years! Here are my stats thus far:

May 23, 2006 - 228 lbs - still in maternity clothes (this is the day I had my youngest)
June 23, 2006 - 199 lbs, down 29 lbs - wearing a size 22 pants (I wore a size 16 when I weighed 200 lbs BEFORE having my kids, so this was a shocker)
September 23, 2006 - 187 lbs, down 41 lbs - wearing a size 18 pants
TODAY November 7, 2006 - 182 lbs, down 46 lbs - wearing a size 16 pants

For once I feel like saying, "GO, ME, GO!" I can't wait to see the 70's!

I also wanted to share something else. This morning is when I discovered my new pant size, and I felt awesome the rest of the day. I ate great, exercised, and got a lot of housework done. Then came 9 pm. The baby was asleep and my husband was in the other room putting our toddler to sleep. There I was, feeling great, when all of a sudden I got a craving. I thought to myself, "Ya know, I did good, and I deserve a reward." So I went to the freezer and got out a frozen breakfast meal that I didn't know was there (I rarely venture inside the freezer). I ate the whole thing. Not a minute later I realized that I rewarded myself with food. It never really clicked before what a huge role I allowed food to be in my life. I eat when I'm depressed, I eat when I'm stressed, I eat when I'm excited and happy. This is definitely a habit that needs to be broken! So here I am, feeling absolutely disgusting. However, I need to put this behind me and listen to good ol' Mark Twain, "Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time."
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:48 AM   #2  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on your loss! I'm struggling with the same mentality right now. I did really good yesterday and I'm on track so far today, but I'm afraid I'll want to "reward" myself later tonight. Fortunately, I've found some work to do so I'll be preoccupied.
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #3  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Congratulations!

Your loss is a significant victory that you should (and are, I can tell!) be proud of of!!! In no time, you'll shed the last bit!!

As for the rewarding with food, I think a lot of us can relate to that. I find that one of my major triggers is that if I have something that I'm not used to having (like high cal/high sugar), then my body (and moreso my mind) will crave it for atleast 24 hours. So, with that said, I've given myself a different type of reward system. Whenever I'm setting myself up for a goal, I will sit down and think about something materialistic/unedible that I really want. I may not need it, but I sure want it. Then when I reach that goal, I reward myself with that reward I've been waiting for all month (like at the end of November, if I get in 1800 mins of exercise, I get a Spa Day! Massage, Facial, Manicure/Pedicure, oh the works! It also gives me time to save for it, lol.

With my trigger, now that I know that high cal/sugar is an endless battle, it makes it a bit easier to stop before it starts, rather than realizing after the fact, too late to undo what I've done, and too late to stop me from having more (that's when my willpower is low). So now that you have recognize this habit, it's time to start coaxing it down the stairs.

Good luck, I know you can do it! Honey, you go out and get yourself something you've wanted for a long time (like a new pair of size 16 pants!!). You deserve it!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:40 AM   #4  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

Yes, GO YOU!
Just wanted to congratulate you , best of luck!
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Hi Shannon! Congratulations!
Hey, the food issues we have DO need to be overcome, but the fact of the matter is that we DO all deserve a break from the old diet every now and then, so just think of that frozen meal as that and let it go. You've done so great so far......you DID deserve a worry free meal. While I'm working through my own unhealthy relationship with food, one thing I do know is that feeling guilty about having eaten something can only make things worse. It can't take it back. Just start over, and know that one bad meal doesn't undo all the hard work you should be so proud of yourself for.
We are the same height, and have close to the same goal-I'm shedding my baby weight, too, but my youngest was born 14 months ago. I noticed too that at the same weights I am a bigger size....and I know it's because my whole "gut" area is shaped differently and has yet to return to normal. It also has to do with muscle/fat composition-I have less muscle tone now, so I look flabbier even at the same weight than I did before. I have three kids-so I don't know if it's because I'm a little older (I'm still only 28 though), or because this is my 3rd c-section and my belly has just blown out like a tire or something , but it's definitely different and taking longer to snap back *prays and crosses fingers that it EVER will* Oh well. I may just start saving for that tummy tuck.....
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #6  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

UWPiPhiAngel - Thanks! I think I could overcome this if I could just get myself to bed at an earlier time! I get hungry when I stay up late and for some reason I always want to eat a bunch of crap when my husbands home. haha

martiniforme - Thanks! I did go get myself a pair of jeans :-D I have 10 lb goals that I set for myself. Everytime i get to a _9 (ex. 199, 189, 179, etc.) my husband takes me out to The Elephant Bar and Grill for dinner and a Jungle Colada. I don't drink much (I'm breastfeeding) so this is quite the treat for me! My husband said if I lost 40 lbs he'd know I was dead serious about this and he'd buy me an exercise machine. He kept his word and bought me an elliptical cross trainer. hehe

passionfruit - Thanks so much!

rebeleagle1965 - I eat plenty of worry free meals lol I'm just grossed out that I ate something so small with 27 grams of fat. I only eat foods that I love. My problem is that foods like that frozen meal literally make me ill, yet I still eat them sometimes. I have a real problem to KNOW that I'm going to literally get sick and have stomach cramps, yet still allow myself to eat crap once in awhile. I need to overcome that. I used to eat red meat even though it would leave me bent over in pain for the next few days. I finally overcome that urge to eat it, and I need to do that with this other junk, too.

Also, I had 2 c-sections, so I feel your pain with the stomach area! haha My stomach is SO much worse than after my first one. My butt and thighs could definitely fit into a size 14 jeans, it's just this dang hanging stomach. Gross! I know I'll need to get a tummy tuck eventually. That's my reward when I get to my goal weight :-D
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #7  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

Same thing happens to me! At least my BF doesn't eat junk and always reminds me how bad it is when I reach for it. That's why I can't go home to my dad's... he's the complete opposite. Does your husband eat junk as well?
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #8  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

mtp_and_hmp: What a great DH you have! One of the deals that my DF and I have made is that when I hit my goal weight, he's going to take me to Edmonton, AB (about 4hrs south of us) to the West Edmonton Mall and to stay at the Fantasy Land Hotel. It's really awesome, you can pick rooms of varying themes. I want to book an African Safari themed room! I love mini goals. I get great stuff for doing something I have to do regardless! LOL
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:55 PM   #9  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Way to go Shannon! I actually own a pair of size 16 pants myself, which I recently bought... I have the whole muffin-top thing going on when I put them on but I can do them up and everything so I'm getting there! Don't worry about the frozen breakfast, just try to move on. I have eaten several unhealthy things today and yesterday and I'm trying to put it behind me too. It's always hard to do that but we can and we will.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #10  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

"Go you Go!!!!" Congratulations!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #11  
mybiggestgoal

S/C/G: 260/194/160

Height: 5'4

Cool Wow!!!

I am so happy for you. Thats a true milestone way to go. You've really encouraged me to keep going
dautey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #12  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Wow! You must be so proud of how far you've come. That's a major accomplishment.
What an inspiration for everyone
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote