Old 11-05-2006, 12:09 AM   #1  

Exclamation in danger of getting fat..ter

if this keeps up my clothes wont fit

i think i catched a cold or something, been sick for a few of days and i'm already having trouble to fit in some of my jeans again >_< am i the only one that gets fat after being sick for a few days? most of the people i know tend to lose weight or stay the same when they get sick...

what worries me the most is that my b-day is in 15 days, and it feels like a sign saying "feed me" appears every year on me, all kinds of food and cakes everywhere i go, people want to go out with me for breakfast, other for lunch, some other for dinner, it's a conspiracy i tell you!!

i usually dont eat much in each place (years of experience) but i still end up all bloated, i apreciate what friends and family do, i really do, but i just wished it didint involve so much food.

Anyways, i downloaded some workout videos that look fun, but i still feel a bit weak, any ideas?
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:49 AM   #2  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Happy early Birthday!

Yes, you are immensely lucky to be loved, cared about, and celebrated.. I'm glad you recognize that I definitely understand what you mean though, one can only take so many deserts and dinners out!

Does anyone know you are trying to lose weight or curb how many deserts/dinners out you're eating? Maybe you could do something different for your birthday with a few people? Like instead of going out for dinner, go to a show, a movie, an outdoor activity, an event of some sort, etc. Food is delicious, true but I think people definitely get into the habit of celebrating occassions predominantly with food.. and well.. there are other and different things that can be done in place of or in addition to food.

I hope you feel better! I do wonder how much weight you can gain over the short time you are sick or if it is even weight gain? Maybe your body is retaining water?
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3

If you are recovering from being sick I recommend something easier to do like Walk Away the Pounds or something. *hugs* Happy early birthday. Oh yes and I usually don't lose any weight when I am sick either..because on a normal day I'm pretty active and when I am sick I am not.
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #4  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Happy early birthday!
First and foremost. Drink LOTS of water. Try to get in more than you usually do on a daily basis. Also, tons of things with vitamin C, like oranges, or orange juice (I like the sugar-free pulp kind ). Vitamin C is usually the boost my immune system needs.
I also agree with the light workout. Try walking first.
As for the adoring people around you, you can always combine breakfast and lunch in to a brunch, that way you can eat your breakfast earlier, have your lunch later, and just have a healthy salad as your morning snack, or something equally as good. Then if you still have to go for dinner, make it really informal, and leave some room for those extra couple of calories. Keep dinner short, then afterwords go do something active as part of your birthday celebration, like swimming, or ice skating!

~Mande

P.S. I hope you're feeling better! When I'm sick, I usually just lie there and drink water, OJ, and eat lots of soup :S
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #5  

thank you girls, i been thinking about it and i think i could be retaining water a bit, but im pretty sure that sleeping too much and being inactive when im awake hasnt exactly helped either, i'll try working out at home first and see how that goes.

about my b-day... well the thing is, i never plan anything, if it was up to me, i would be more than happy with just a happy b-day hug ^_^ so whatever happens that day, is usually planned by different groups of friends or family, so i dont really have much control there, so far the most i can do is not eat much in each place, and i cant think of a way to avoid it
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #6  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune View Post
about my b-day... well the thing is, i never plan anything, if it was up to me, i would be more than happy with just a happy b-day hug ^_^ so whatever happens that day, is usually planned by different groups of friends or family, so i dont really have much control there, so far the most i can do is not eat much in each place, and i cant think of a way to avoid it
I think it's really important to be vocal about what you want. I know they mean well, and they love you. Be strong in your resolve and conviction, and just put your foot down. I know it might sound somewhat ungrateful, but it's really not. And if you're unsure as to whether they will know where to draw the line, you can give them a list of suggestions, and let them pick from it. In the past it may not have been your choice, but you can make it your choice this time around! Sometimes it's just better to say no. Good luck!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote