Old 11-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #46  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Talking

dollypie: SERIOUSLY?!?!!? I LOVE Grey's Anatomy!!! Seriously, I can't wait. McSteamy may be a big ole jerk but he= Do you watch Ugly Betty as well? Cause that show owns me. It's so cute and sweet!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #47  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

I'm a grey's fan too! I think all the guys on that show are hotttt.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #48  
Goodbye Fat!

I think McSteamy's the cutest though. I haven't gotten a chance to watch Ugly Betty though, I hear it is like The Devil Wears Prada though.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #49  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i am a recent grey's convert. i didn't watch last year - but have really gotten into it this year. we just had our finale for the 2nd season this week so i am going into withdrawals until next winter.

hopefully the OC will fill the gap i'm a sucker for those shows
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #50  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

dollypie, I haven't seen The Devil Wears Prada yet, so I wouldn't know on that one. It does have phrases like "She's fabulously douchey" and "It was the *****-slap heard 'round the world." And that just makes it awesome.

Lizzie, you're still able to find Dericky dreamy? My hatred of him knows no bounds and has even prevented me from admiring Patrick Dempsey's very perfect hair and pretty blue eyes!! Grrr. It doesn't help that I'm a devoted Addison fan. Go Team Addie!

ETA: Daisy Boo, are you saying you haven't seen any of the third season yet?! GASP. I am soooooo glad I don't live in a land down under! (Even though your men and your accents are hott!)
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #51  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! Been kinda outa the loop the last few days. Been eating pretty bad the last few days (damn halloween candy!) But now most of the candy is gone and im gettin back on track. Im acutally feeling sick from eating it whihch i guess is good because i dont want anymore.. I havent gained any weight so i guess i havent done TOO bad. But i just feel like crap.. Guess the whole eat bad feel bad thing.. Well just wanted to let yall know i didnt fall off the face of the earth or anything lol.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #52  

I am one tired, tired woman right now. Haven't been up late drinking in ages, so I'm really not used to the morning (afternoon) after feeling! Last night I went to Chipotle with a friend, then grocery shopping... While in the grocery store, we ended up looking at the wine, and decided we'd have a wine night. So we did. And I drank more than a full bottle of wine. Now my tummy's mad at me... I think I'll have to go take a nap! We started writing things down that were happening while we were drinking, and it was hilarious to look over this morning... most is totally inappropriate, but other things are just wacky..... like "power out. must rely on tv for entertainment." Which makes a whole lot of sense Obviously this was a night where any kind of diet/health initiative is put aside willingly!

theobviouschild: Sure, I know where Lexington is! It's beautiful over there on the other side of the mountains I live right off Barracks Road, actually... Barracks Road Shopping Center is the closest thing to my house. Gotta love this small world of ours!

UWPiPhi: I'd say try to exercise during TOM, but maybe tone down the intensity a notch. It does help with cramps and encourages you to drink more water, but if you're not feeling well, don't punish yourself. As for food cravings... severe deprivation and self-denial will definitely lead to cravings! Find a way to compromise with yourself (eat 1 square of chocolate instead of a bar). Good luck

Well... I'm off to lay down...... I feel so icky! Later ladies!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #53  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Daisy- I'm a convert too. I never watched the first season until I saw the cast on Oprah one day and the show seemed really good. I caught up by watching the reruns of the first season.

Lisa- I do! McDreamy is my kind of guy, like kind of a jerk. I`m hoping I grow out of my bad boy phase.

Heather- Glad you didn't fall off the face of the earth

Jaime- UH oh.. Wine makes me feel icky too. Well, drinking too much of anything does but wine gives me head aches. I had to fight the urge to have a "vodka night" yesterday because I had class this mroning.

So... I kind of had a "date" type thing last night with a guy I've had a crush on for a while. I never acted on it because I had a boyfriend, but we`ve had some flirty banter for a while. I'm trying to actually put forth effort to look nice now and he actually mouthed "Wow" to me when I came to see him play yesterday. He's in a jazz group. Musicians. He asked me out again for tonight, but he hasn't made any plans yet. This time I'm going to guard my heart. Thats the plan anyway.

Eating is still on track. I'm getting a bunch of fruit from work today, which is exciting since I'm so poor right now. I didn't get to the gym yesterday, but I'm going today after work. I want to get in some jogging, and strength training.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #54  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Jaime- I love wine nights! My wine night buddy moved to Boston. I miss her

Lizzie- A jazz musician? Good Lord. I can't date another musician (besides the fact that I'm taken), but they sure are wonderful in their own right. Hope you have a good time.

I fully intended on running today. I really did. But I didn't consider the fact that my day started at 2:30AM and I was on my feet until 3:00PM due to a PSA we were filming with a figure skater (THE figure skater, in my book. She was fabulous). And since I got to dress up, my normally tennis shoe laden feet were in heels all day. I don't know how you all-heel-all-the-time ladies do it. Also, it was catered and the only food was stuff you would imagine- bagels, muffins, pastries, etc... I feel like my week has been one long catered buffet. And I'm glad it's over...
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:31 PM   #55  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

I felt like skipping Weight Loss Camp yesterday, but I didn't have anything else to do so I went. I told one of the other gals that it was my second day of TOM and she said that's the worst day to exercise. She said she went home and puked after working out on her second day. She told me not to do intense workouts or abs because it puts pressure on my ovaries and could cause them to burst?! That was scary... but I ended up doing all the workouts anyway and I'm happy to say I'm still alive!

I actually had a lot more energy once I got into the rhythm of it. I ended up doing one hour elliptical machine, one hour circuit training, then another hour on the elliptical! I think my energy came from all that extra food I've been eating these past few days so maybe I shouldn't beat myself up so much about it anymore. But my weight still hasn't come down.

I heard that women burn 300 more calories per day during TOM and that you can eat more, including things like chocolate (the caffeine helps with cramps). Is it true? I ate way more than 300 extra calories though. I'm going to get back on track today and suppress those thoughts like "oh I already messed up so what's the point".
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:53 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Britomart: Don't worry... I think every girl deserves a wine night... I would love a wine, cheese, and movie night with the girls... I feel like none of my friends have been around? I know thats so woe is me... But lately I've just been feeling so lonely, I don't know why... Unfullfiled, the only thing that gets me through is the gym...

Speaking of which, I've gone 3 times this week! 2 of those times have been "in a row" I'm hoping to go tomorrow... I ate really poorly today, not going to elaborate, but it was gross to say the least, I also need to start drinking more water again, I guess that and keeping up with the running (cardio) will be my goals for the month....

Is it already Friday? Is it already November 3rd? 2006 is rolling by, I don't know if thats a good thing... Blah... I'm in such a "depressed" mood tonight.
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Lizzie Oh, a date... That's so exciting! And the "wow" thing seriously, melts my heart... Yeah, be guarded, but its ok to be a little excited!!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #58  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

It's Snowing!!!

We got dumped on with Blizzard conditions yesterday...and not the Dairy Queen kind either! Complete white-outs, and about 15 inches of snow! Oh lovely! We're supposed to get snow squalls all weekend! The only good thing about this snow is it is PACKING SNOW!!!

Ok, back to the task at hand! With all the snow, came quite a bit of shovelling, so I've been getting my exercise! Food wise, I've been doing ok. for the most part. I could probably tighten things up a bit. With it being TOM, I don't eat much at all. I had bean soup for lunch yesterday, along with half of a salmon sandwich, veggies and fruit. Then last night I had a little bowl of pasta, and 1/4 cup of sauce, and 4 small meatballs. I've been drinking alot of tea lately...now that it's chilly out. I try to remember to have something for breakfast, even if it is just a slice of bread with peanut butter. So much to know, and learn, and sometimes I feel I can't keep up with it.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #59  

Evening ladies..... It's quiet here on Saturday night! I guess that means you're all out hootin' and hollerin' ... and I'm here about to do a workout! :P

Not much to report... Life remains pretty uninteresting. I made an awesome thing for dinner tonight, Mediterranian Pork and Zucchini... it was SO good. Recipe's on my blog if anyone cares to try! I'm all about recipe sharing... I really have so very little to share, but wanted to pop in and say hello! Have wonderful OP Saturdays, everyone!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote