Old 10-23-2006, 10:21 PM   #1  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

Default When should I weigh myself?

I know that I'm lighter in the morning so should I weigh myself when I first wake up or after I go to the bathroom? This morning I was at 59.7kg (I've been at this weight for the last three days). After I went to the bathroom, I was at 59.5kg.

I used to sleep in until noon but this past week I found that if I don't wake up by 9:30 I miss my bowel movement. I also haven't been able to sleep very well after 8. I don't know if it's because I'm used to waking up early now but my stomach feels super empty and uncomfortable in the mornings so it forces me to get up for breakfast. Has this happened to anyone else?
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

we have had a few topics on this and in my opinion its all relative.

you should try to weigh yourself at the same time on the same day wearing the same clothes for consistancy. ie, don't weigh yourself in the morning before eating one week and then the next week weigh in the evening after having a full meal - there are too many variances.

a difference of 200g is not going to be the ending of the world - you need to look at it with some perspective. your weight will fluctuate throughout the day as you eat, drink, go to the toilet, exercise and when you get your period and other hormonal joys.

for me, i weigh in the morning after having gone to the toilet and had a shower. the scales are in the walk in closet so it just reminds me to do it then.

i hope this helps
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

As far as weighing yourself-
Most people will say not to weigh every day-but I can't help it myself. I weigh in the morning after the bathroom, and always with no clothes. That way I know there are no fluctuations because of what I'm wearing or holding in. Sounds neurotic even to me, but I guess maybe I am a little.
From some of your posts I know you are working out alot recently, and it's normal for you to feel a little more hungry to fuel those workouts. It's also normal to have more energy and be getiing used to a new schedule. I wouldn't worry about that. Bowel habits also change when diet changes dramatically.
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 AM   #4  

It's best to weigh yourself once a week & in the morning. Weighing yourself every day may be a bit misleading because you might find that you "gained" a couple pounds in a day. And that might trigger a binge, you might think to yourself "I already gained 2 pounds, I might as well eat what I want." (From my own personal experience).

xFitnessDivax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:10 AM   #5  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

I just can't help it. I'm doing so much and I want to see results!
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #6  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

I weigh myself on Monday mornings at about 7:15am or so, with no clothes on. I usually sneak in a few other weigh-ins during the week, at all different times, just because I'm curious, but I never count them as my official weigh-in. Oh, and on my Monday weigh-ins, it's always after I p&p and before I shower (because the water in my hair would make me weigh more. LOL I know that it would barely make a difference, probably, but it makes me feel better if it's before my hair is wet.)

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #7  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

i think any new dieter will constantly weigh themselves throughout the week because they want the change so much. I am no different, but im like Tisha, i do it becaus eim more curious to how my body holds water, when its heaviest and how i fluxuatte, after 3 weeks of this im starting to notic how my body copes with food, water ect.
i only ever count once a week tuesday mornings (today:-s)as my official weight loss or gain
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #8  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I weigh myself only once a month in the morning after I use the washroom. There wasn't a big enough change when I was doing it weekly. I HATE getting on the scale. Always scared there won't be a loss. Weighing yourself more than once a week is a very bad idea.
snuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #9  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggle View Post
Weighing yourself more than once a week is a very bad idea.
It really depends on the person. While this may be true for you personally, I have absolutely no problem with weighing myself every day. In fact, I had a BIG problem with only weighing once a week (or less), and that was that I would think to myself, "Hey, I weighed in already this morning, so now I can have anything I want today and tomorrow since I still have a whole week till I have to face the scale again--I can burn it off by then!" Sometimes it's up a little, sometimes it's down a little, but normal fluctuations are to be expected, and as long as you're able to cope with them, then weigh away! Like others have mentioned, even though I weigh every day, I usualy pick an "official" day once a week for consistency. I've also heard from others who don't have an "official" day but rather count it as a real loss or gain once they've seen the same number on the scale for at least 3 days in a row.

My typical morning schedule is:
  • get out of bed
  • take off pajamas
  • pee
  • weigh on the scale
  • put on workout clothes
I don't typically have a bowel movement until hours later, so that has no direct affect on my scale reading.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 341/284/170-180

I always weigh myself as soon as I wake up, I tend to do that every two or three days.
mikium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #11  
Girl_Interruped

S/C/G: 225/220/150

Height: 5'5

you knows whats the most frustrateing..... going away for a week to your friends where your eat less because your happy feeling lighter and clothes looser AND NOT BEING ABLE TO WEIGH YOURSELF!!! Damn it.. lol thats where i am right now.. i want the frigging satifaction of seeing that number going down lol
Herself The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #12  
GOODBYE lovehandles!

Height: 5'6"

I weigh myself every Tuesday morning at 6:15 A.M., after using the restroom and getting complete undresses. It's my Tuesday ritual right before jumping into the shower.
Katytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #13  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

I weigh myself once a week on Wednesdy mornings wearing nothing but a smile. I used to weigh on Monday's, but I tend to be a little more lenient on Friday and Saturdays and so I didn't feel like Monday was "fair" to me - so I switched.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote