Old 10-13-2006, 03:44 AM   #1  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Default off topic - lasik

anyone get it? anyone have as bad eyes as I do? -8? (both eyes)

cool!
B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #2  

my bro-in-law just got it done a month ago. his vision was something like -10. he said the first day he just wanted to sleep cos it was mildly uncomfortable.... and by the next day, he had 20/20 vision with no problems.

I'm at -3.5 and I wanna get it done when I get in a good job....
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #3  
here I go again...

I'm a -3.0/-3.5 and want it done so badly! I get tired of poking myself in the eyes every morning
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I haven't had it done, but if I had a few extra thousand dollars hanging around, I would do it in a heartbeat! I am -6.5 in both eyes now, I believe.

I do know a handful of people who have had it done. A manager I worked with at Ruby Tuesday when I was in college (2003) had it and LOVED it. My uncle had it done in maybe 1998 and hasn't had any problems. My boyfriend's cousin just had it done last spring and LOVES it as well. She said it was creepy to see something cutting your eye during the procedure and that it was somewhat blurry/uncomfortable the next day or 2, but that it was TOTALLY worthwhile.

I have been told to wait until my eyes stop changing. My prescription increased slightly last year, so I wouldn't do it until my sight has been stable for at least a couple years in a row. I'd hate to get the surgery only to find my eyes would continue to change and I'd need glasses/contacts again in a year or 2.

Oh, and my uncle does need reading glasses now. As you get older, it's just a course of aging that gradually degrades your vision, so even after the surgery, you'll likely still need glasses when you get older, but I still think it'd be nice to spend the next 20-30 years without corrective lenses
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

My sister in law, her husband and my brother in law have had it done. They had no issues. I don't know how bad their eyes were though.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I had it done!! My vision was -9 left, -8 right. Got it done June 2005, No more waking up in the morning bumping into the nightstand looking for you glasses. No more eye infections because of contact lenses.
I never used to put on any eye makeup before because it would never show under my thick glasses. It also helped me feel prettier and more confident.
The whole procedure takes a few minutes, about 3 minutes for each eye. And you hardly feel a thing plus you'll see clearly right away!
It was one of the best things I had done for myself and highly recommend that you get it done
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #7  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Jiggly - do you have halo's at night - or any other side effects?
I really want to get it done, but am really nervous.
B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

I had mine done 3 1/2 years ago - my eyes were either a 7 or 8 - and my astygmatism (sp) was SO bad that I was never able to wear contacts - i'd worn glasses since i was 3 - til i was 23 and had the surgery.

i now have 20/20 and don't regret a thing!!! i'd do it again in a heartbeat - just DO YOUR RESEARCH!! i know a few people (an ex's father for example) who's had to have it done like 4 times and if they do it again he will go blind...but there's always those "few" people that are the 1 out of 10...everyone else i've known loved it.
Indychick829 is offline   Reply With Quote