Old 10-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #1  
I'm Deaf & a SWEET Mommy

Default Hi Everyone!

Hii!! I was here around one year ago, and wanted to lose weight but I never succeeded in weight loss. I am 25 years old and am 5'4" tall. I did get down from 220 pounds to 205 pounds in around two months but then I lost the motivation, I don't really know why and gained all weight back up to 230 pounds. My highest weight was 255 pounds so I'm trying NOT to get back to 255 pounds but I just DON'T have the motivation for eating right. I just need to get that "willingness" back. On top of this, I'm soo stressed out in my new house, I am frustrated all the time. Money issues, friends issues, and the list goes on and on. I am originally from New York, and moved to Florida in February 2005. We are actually moving back to New York sometime soon, we aren't sure of when but if everything goes as we expect it to tomorrow, then we are leaving on November 1st to go back to New York. I thought about my weight losses in New York and realized, those places where I was able to lose weight soo EASILY, like 30 pounds in one summer (3 months) was when I did not have ANY internet access or cable television. So I told my hubby, I want us NOT to have any internet access or cable TV in our house when we move back up north. It will help me keep myself moving and it will help me lose weight. In fact, I lost those pounds without realizing it, and I had to hear it from other people saying "Wow!! You look great!! What did you do?" My mom even started questioning if I had enough food at home, was concerned that I wasn't able to afford food at home and that was the reason why I was losing weight, I'm like NO!! I am eating just fine, in fact I was eating potatoes and all those foods that people consider to be unhealthy and I was STILL losing weight. So, when I move back to New York, I am determined to lose weight and try to lose maybe at least 6 pounds per month which means 1 or 2 pounds per week and then in a year I would have lost around 72 pounds or more. I WANT to lose around 80 to 85 pounds. Right now, I know, I'm all TALK!! So I am here to listen to other people's success stories. I KNOW I will lose weight once I return to New York so I am not REALLY concerned about this. In New York, we are ALWAYS doing something out in the country like wood cutting, snowmobiling, strenous physical activities, remodeling, and the list goes on and on! Here in Florida, I am not able to find those FUN activities to do, I am not too crazy about doing things all by myself like swimming and etc. I like to do it with a group of people, which is what I was always doing in New York. I'm sorry that I'm such a yakker but I just wanted to state what I think right now. Congratulations to others who are successfully losing weight. I'm proud of you all and hopefully a year from now, I will be able to say, "Hey! I lost ___ pounds!" :-) Until next time, everyone.
KlasseMutti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #2  

Hi Kristen, welcome back If you want to be inspired, check out the success stories forum -- they're awesome to read when you're feeling like this is an impossible journey! I do believe that a lot of one's success in a diet depends on one's mindset... and it sounds like you have realistic expectations for yourself and you know what you need, i.e. no tv/internet to keep you inside all day. Good luck with the impending move!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote