Old 10-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Default I'm So Excited!

Man this is VERY much my day!

I got a belated birthday present today... I got a gift card for the bookstore. So I went there today and got a book that I've been dying to get for awhile.. "The Sugar Solution" ....it's GREAT! Full of useful ideas and tips, and gives you 4 WEEKS of meals already planned, and about 70 recipies in the book, and they don't use weird ingredients either...They give you a TON of healthy snacks for different cravings... Crunchy, salty, sweet, sour, etc.... it's great reference.

Book Description on the back of book
An easy-to-follow, drug-free program that can bring blood sugar into balance in just one month. As many as 16 million Americans are living with high-normal blood sugar. They arent diabetic, but they are experiencing symptomsincluding weight gain, fatigue, depression, and poor concentration that are undermining their quality of life. Left unchecked, these symptoms could lead to more serious medical conditions such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Drawing on the very latest medical science, The Sugar Solution helps readers determine whether theyre at risk for blood sugar problems and shows them how to rein in their blood sugar levels without drugs or injections. The exclusive 30-day lifestyle makeover guides them every step of the way, with complete daily menus, exercise strategies, and stress-reduction techniques. Pounds will melt away, energy will soar, and mental sharpness will return as blood sugar stabilizes.

Definately worth the read.... I'm going to try the 4 Week Challenege in the book....see how I do!

So the other part of my wonderful day.... I told my Hubby that I want to get some sort of exercise thing to do during winter that is fun, and he wants a Playstation 2 for Christmas, so he said that if we got playstation for Christmas he would get me Dance Dance Revolution for me! YAY!!! I heard it's a good workout...
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:58 AM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I found DDR to be pretty fun. The good point with it is that since the fun factor is involved, I'd tend to not stop and go for one or two hours. No "oh this cardio annoys me, so boring to pedal on a bike in the gym room for 45 minutes!". And that's IMHO an important part in exercising--if we like it, we'll stick to it.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

I agree with you on that Kery! I'm so bored with watching videos and wondering "Am I doing this right?".... And there's just nothing exciting about it. I get bored REALLY easy with that stuff!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #4  

DDR is a lot of fun..... However, I can never do the really hard ones because of my two left feet, and my sister's complaint even about the exercise mode (I think in DDR Max there's a way to tell it you're doing it for exercise) is that there are breaks in between the songs, so you get your heartrate up for like, two minutes during the song, then it drops while you wait for the next to load. So just be aware of that, I still think it's an awesome way to get off the couch and MOVE!

As for the book, it sounds very interesting. Please keep us/me updated on how you do during the program... I'm starting to realize I feel crappy all the time like I did at this time last year, when I found out I'd been experiencing hypoglycemia. It's aggrivated by stress and I do believe it's knocking at my door. I'm gonna see if I can go see a dietitian again to help... but if I have a weird experience like I had last time, I might look into that book!

PS happy late bday
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote