Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #31  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies. Man these chats are so much more active than they used to be. That's so great. Welcome to any newbies, and welcome back Stacey!!!

I totally over trained yesterday, not good. I'm not going back to the gym tonight. My body is MAD AT ME! My weight loss has stalled completely. I'm not too concerned about it since I know there is no way I am not losing fat for how much I am working out and how well I am eating. I can just can tell changes in my body so the scale can kiss it! I may not even weigh myself for a few days (which would be a pretty big deal for me). Anyway. I am truly tired, drained of energy and totally behind on homework! So, I guess I need to take care of myself the rest of the day and get some homework done after class and work.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #32  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Oh my gosh, it's only Tuesday...it seems that I am wishing for this week to be over already. My eating needs a serious make-over! I haven't been able to go grocery shopping for quite awhile because I've had other things to pay off...stupid credit people! So I've been eating what I have in my freezer, etc...not all that great stuff... like meat pies and things like that...ARGH!

My exercise has been ok...I found my measurements from 2003, and it turns out that I'm back to those stats, so I guess that's good. Although I wasn't too healthy then either. I think I'm bound to be 119 the rest of my life! *sigh*
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #33  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Eeeek... Having no real boss at work means I have new strange responsibilities and no 3fc time . I need to stop being tempted by the junk food we have because even when I try to eat the healthier stuff I end up not feeling like I've really had anything. And then I eat real food, so even the healthy food ends up being junk calories. Rarrr.
I'll try to sneak off later and give individual responses.
Have a good wednesday girls
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #34  
Proud US Navy Wife

Morning!

I think I'm finally feeling better... last night there was no working out because I passed out on the couch after work, and woke up feeling like I had been hit by a train.But now... yea. I'm normal again... or as normal as I ever was. So workouts for me again after work..

Steph - ick. I know the feeling with that.. sorry to hear you over-did it!

Mickey - *hugs* You're so close, it's just the last little bit is being stubborn.. don't give up!

Lizzie - . Try and pack healthy snacks to bring while everyone is eating junk? or the healthy alternatives... like the 100 calorie packs of oreos? (I got some of those the other day.. I'll have to tell you how they taste!)
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #35  
Workin' My *** Off!

Thanks Fae for the encouragement! I'm gonna keep plugging away at this.

It's another rainy blah day out....man I feel like I live back on the West coast with all this rain.... anyway, I hope to go walking today at the mall...it's not very big, but it will get me moving at least. When it's like this outside it is so hard to get motivated!

I'm a little concerned about this weekend...up here in Canada it's Thanksgiving... and on Saturday I'm having a huge turkey dinner, and on Sunday I'm having a turkey dinner.... so I'm hoping that I don't "expand" too much! *sigh* Just eat little bits of everything.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I haven't posted in a few days things have been crazy here. I lost 5lbs this week Found out late last week we're moving from Ohio to Maine my husband got a job there. So I might not be posting much as I want with packing and all. Today got housework done and Shay's done with her schooling. Grace has a follow up eye appt to see how the glasses are doing for her lazy eye. And then got to call places to find a new home in Maine. And later I'm gonna knit too much stress gotta knit. Working on a purse for me. Might even take it to work on at the doctor's office. Well gotta make lunch and run
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #37  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok ladies, well I am stressed. If you care to know it is detailed in my blog. And what do I do when I am stressed? Well it used to be eat but not it is stick it to my workouts! Got everything done and more yesterday as far as eating and working out goes. Trying to stay positive in the midst of my "situation". Here is something fun I have been working on...maybe it will cheer up some of you ladies! I have been dressing my mother in laws dog up in theme costumes for a calendar that I am working on for xmas...

cookie - sounds like you did an awesome job of averting the bad food and portion controlling the good. We are so proud, thats what we like to hear! Keep it up.

steph - Ooooh overtraining sucks, you better take it easy. Better to miss one or two workouts then be out of commission for weeks...Thats right your scale can kiss it! I can tell you are feeling awesome it comes through in your posts!

Amanda - You know 119 on 5' isn't terrible...I am 5'2 and I weigh about 126...Although I hear where you are coming from my goal is only 117. Have you ever been 119 before to see what it looks like on you?

lizzie - Sounds like your still busy busy girl. Just try to take it one food at a time. Sometimes real food is in order but PORTIONS my dear. What am I telling you for, you eat better than me on your worst day

Fae - Yay on feeling better, go get 'em!

Ally - YAY on the 5 lbs that is awesome! I am so thrilled for you!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #38  
Workin' My *** Off!

Stephie: Hugs girl! Hope things get worked out fast in all respects. I hate the limbo stages of life. By the way, those pics are ADORABLE!!! Haha!!! What a cute idea!

I've been 119 before, and I still look like a waddling little pudgy penguin! LOL!! I'm trying to stay positive, but after almost 5 months of being here...it's getting silly! I know that if I had the proper food, and drank the water I should, I would probably move...but it seems like money for decent food is scarce because of bills, and living on one income sucks!!! Why won't anyone hire me! Stupid people!!! LOL!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #39  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies! im down 1 lb finally. yaaay! hehe... feelin better today. gotta make this quick but wanted to let yall know about my weightloss!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #40  
Workin' My *** Off!

Good Job Heather!!!!! That must make you feel really good! Glad to know you are feeling better as well!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm so glad I came to the boards, I was all pooped and planning on not working out, but now I'm motivated... Yay, after the Biggest Loser, the plan is to hit up the gym...

Amanda: Are you weight training? I know this is probably a duh, but if not maybe you could give it a try (Sorry if you are and have said it before), or try something new, to change the penguin feeling (though I doubt you look like a penguin )

Well, ladies good look! Yeah, Steph I think I might be overtraining too, I want to work out tonight, but I'm going to try to do something not SO intense... I'm probably not even as intense as I should be anyway...

Congrats on the weight loss HEATHER!!!!

Well, night girls... I'll probably be back later though- Don't worry, its almost FRIDAY!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #42  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

my aching body! i am delirious from the aches and pains from my recent weight training boot camp this week that i dreamt brad pitt and angelina jolie were crashing on my couch for the night. quite amusing walking around the house brushing my teeth while brad was laying on my couch somehow i was wearing a super sexy lacy night top that i have never seen before. LOL

back to my point - i am sore! my upper body is very sore. well, not so much that it hurts to drive my car, but sore. anyway, i am pleased with it as i know i have given my body a wake up call and if i do this right, will be building some serious muscle.

last night i decided i didn't want to be at the gym late considering i was exhausted so i did my bi's and tri's at home after doing some yoga. great workout. i then made a super duper vegie pizza and felt like i was indulging big time. yummy.

tonight i am due to hit the gym for my chest and back workout.

steph - bummer about the lack of weight loss. good on you for recognising you have overtrained though. you will be back in there soon.

canadian mickey - turkey overload! you have the right attitude though - a little bit of everything. remember your portions and you will be fine

stephie - love the calendar! what a fantastic idea. how in the world have you been getting the pics without her knowing?

heather - congrats on the 1lb. how are the headaches?
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #43  
Workin' My *** Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer85 View Post
Amanda: Are you weight training? I know this is probably a duh, but if not maybe you could give it a try (Sorry if you are and have said it before), or try something new, to change the penguin feeling (though I doubt you look like a penguin )
Not really weight training, don't have a gym membership and can't afford one...I wish I could! I only have those resistance bands, but they seem so simple now cause I've done it so much. They came with a DVD of exercises to do with it, and I've gotten some online, but I'm getting bored with it really fast! I need something new, but don't have alot of mula to spend on such things, or room! LOL!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #44  

OMG..... stephie... dachsunds! Cute overload! They're my favorite dogs ever. We had a couple when I was growing up... I still get nostalgic when I see them. That's awesome

Not much else to report. We're getting close the weekend, ladies!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:13 AM   #45  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Had a good day yesterday. Eating was not 100 percent on target but not atrocious. Made it to the gym put in 45 hard hitting minutes on the cross trainer before I started to get a pain in my shin...decided not to push it. Came home and stretched, got my 50 crunches and 100 jacks in. Adding my 10 flights to today.

Have to work the at home job today, followed by having to shoot a softball game at 5:30. Greys is on tonight so no going out to the gym for me. I am going to do my glute workout in front of the tv then ofcourse jacks/crunches and maybe even stairs on every commercial.

Working out is really helping me keep my mind off what is going on...

Amanda - You would actually be surprised how cheap the good food is...loaf of whole wheat bread 1.35, ff turkey sandwich meat is less than a frozen meal...and fruit well you can get an apple for about .35 cents here. Its training yourself to eat the basic good for you food and not need elaborate healthy meals that is the hard part. I eat Grilled Tilapia with Steamed Broccoli...the fish is 1.09 for two fillets and the frozen brocc in a steam pack is 1.50....viola! Have you thought about getting some free weights. If you have a local thrift store you could look there for some used ones. Who cares if they are used, they are used at the gym as well...Good luck to you hun, I can really tell you are trying.

Heather - congrats on the lb, knew you could do it. Here is to many more...

Dreamer - Have you tried yoga? Daisy swears by it and I love it when I can fit the class into my schedule...Power Yoga can still be very good cardio but less intense.

Daisy - She works 9-5 so sometimes on weekdays I will pop in and kidnap him hehe. Oooooh brad pitt is the living end...Although I have heard he has really bad hygeine...stinky brad pitt! Great going sticking to that workout plan...what day is your weigh in day again?

brito - Thanks for the compliment...he is actually the fattest dachsund I have ever seen. She feeds him ice cream...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote