Old 09-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #1  
GOODBYE lovehandles!

Height: 5'6"

Default Bye bye figure?

This is the first week I've started my weight loss "career" and I've been thinking all day as a nervous wreck about my figure. I'm so so so determined this time, and I can just "feel" how much weight is going to come off me. I'm so scared that I'm going to lose everything I like about my body. Such as, my figure. As chunky as I think I am right now, I Love my butt, and my boobs I feel are the perfect size for me. I have some wide hips, that have a nice curve to them. I'm getting scared all the things I love about myself are going to leave.. is there some hope some of it will stay put? I'm sure genetics will play a role, and how much you lose.. but I don't want to feel like a rectangle. I want to be a skinny hourglass... lol.

Am I way off here?

ETA: As I sit here reading my post, feeling like an idiot for posting it, I am thinking that maybe I'm scared because this is going to be such a huge change of the way I live my life. I'm scared of change sometimes, ya know? Ok.. phew..

Last edited by Katytee; 09-28-2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: additional info
Katytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Weight training can help with those thing...squats and lunges for the legs and butt etc. But it really isn't something that you can totally have control over. Usually women have a naturally curvy shape until they get the that Mary Kate/Ashley figure, and I doubt at 135 you will look like a pre-adolesent boy. I don't think you have too much to worry about.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:33 PM   #3  
At goal as of 11/12/06!!!

S/C/G: 161/124/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm not a 20-something (i'm 30) and I'm mostly a lurker, but i wanted to reply since my start weight and goal weight were very similar to yours and we're of similar height. I weighed 161 when I started and now am down to 133. Obviously I don't know if this will hold true for you but I lost way, way more off my abdomen than I did off my hips and bust. I've lost 9 inches off my waist and only 6 off my hips. My "twins" have deflated some, I'm a C cup now instead of a D, but it's not that noticeable. So I think there's a good chance you'll retain your curvy figure.

Tanya
tanyaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:57 PM   #4  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

If you really hate the way you look, you can always gain the weight back...

I know how you feel about being scared though... I was too. Change is scary, there is no doubt. Especially if you have no idea what you'll look like at a different weight, which I didn't (and I still don't know what I will look like at a normal weight)... and lifestyle change is an intimidating thing too. But once you get started, it does get easier so hang in there.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I think I know what you mean. I'm curvy too, more boobs than butt. I don't think I'll lose my boobs but I could lose my butt if I go too thin, but I don't plan to.

I'm also hoping that as my stomach shrinks, my curves look curvier.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I was always small on top so losing weight and losing my boobs wasn't an issue lol. I'd always LOVED my waist and hips though because even at my heaviest I have a defined waist. I thought for sure it would end up going.

I ended up with with an even more defined shape however going from a 30" waist and 42" hips (at just under 180 pounds) to a 24" waist and 36" hips (at around 130-135 pounds).

I did at one point go to an extreme - 112 pounds 22" waist and 34" inch hips...so even then my shape stayed basically the same despite the fact I was a complete skeleton :P

I think like the othr girls have said it really boils down to your natural body shape - if you're a pear you'll always be a pear!

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Unfortunately, I have some discouraging news. Being 100% Puerto Rican, I always had an hourglass figure even at my highest weight.

However, now that I've gone down to my lowest weight, my chest and hips have changed dramatically. I went from a 36 DD to barely filling a 36 C.

My previous low weight was back when I was 18 years old and around 130 lbs. Back then I was had a 36 D bust, 28" waist, and 42" hips. Now, at age 24 and around 125 pounds (fluctuating still), my chest is 35.5", waist is 29", and hips are 35.5".

In the past, when I gained weight, it was well proportioned. Now, I seem to gain "like the white girls" and it sticks to my middle. I guess that's a good incentive to not gain, since it's now possible for my belly to stick out past my boobs; I hate that.

Just keep in mind that everyone's body is different. Keep measuring regularly, and like futuresurferchick said, "if you really hate the way you look, you can always gain the weight back" (and hope it goes back to the same places).
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I understand being scared- I was too. I lost my boobs- like, all of them. There are drawbacks, but I much prefer what I can do now as opposed to then.

And I wouldn't go back to 210 for the most perfect set of knockers in the entire world. For what it's worth.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #9  
On the beach

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Chubby View Post
Unfortunately, I have some discouraging news. Being 100% Puerto Rican, I always had an hourglass figure even at my highest weight.

However, now that I've gone down to my lowest weight, my chest and hips have changed dramatically. I went from a 36 DD to barely filling a 36 C.

My previous low weight was back when I was 18 years old and around 130 lbs. Back then I was had a 36 D bust, 28" waist, and 42" hips. Now, at age 24 and around 125 pounds (fluctuating still), my chest is 35.5", waist is 29", and hips are 35.5".

In the past, when I gained weight, it was well proportioned. Now, I seem to gain "like the white girls" and it sticks to my middle. I guess that's a good incentive to not gain, since it's now possible for my belly to stick out past my boobs; I hate that.

Just keep in mind that everyone's body is different. Keep measuring regularly, and like futuresurferchick said, "if you really hate the way you look, you can always gain the weight back" (and hope it goes back to the same places).

I understand how you both feel! I'm hispanic, so I'm curvy even with my weight, but after having my son I gain more weight in the middle, I think it's perfectly normal to be uneasy - all you have to do is see one magazine cover to make you feel inadequate!
I think with my weight loss, I really want to learn to appreciate what I've got... if only it were easy...
newarmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Katie - I know how you feel about being scared. But just know that as long as you do it the healthy way and stop when you are in the normal range your body will look exactly as nature intended it...it will be fit, lean and exactly the way you should look. Not to be a damper but boobs are often the first thing to go...not completely go just get a bit smaller...but when the rest of you gets smaller you won't even notice the boob difference...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote