Old 09-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/202/154

Height: 171 cm

so, ok, what should the ''rules'' be?

how much does anyone have to lose?
And what are we doing about it?
Also, how did we gain the weight?

I want to lose 83 more pounds. I had lap band surgery, but it doesn't really change anything. So today, I started exercise program. I walk on the treadmill. Also, I drink protein shakes in the morning, which kind of taste bad, but I get enough protein out of it.
Part of my weight is the freshmen 15, and part of it I've always had.

So the people in the group are:
Love Cam
Cookie Monster
Dreamer
Nikaia
Marineswife
Bravogirl

That's all? Anyone else is welcome to join
Should we weigh in on a particular day?

Last edited by neverland; 09-15-2006 at 01:31 PM.
neverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #17  

Hello my name is Cookie Monster and I am a weightaholic.

Seriously though I lost a lot of weight before my junior year of high school by working out all of the time and barely eating anything (not the smartest idea..) Then when I went to college I completely stopped working out, ate chinese food and pizza all of the time, and drank a whole lot. I gained the freshman 30. I know that when I first entered high school I needed to gain about 10 pounds, but definitely not 30!!!

Now that I graudated college and am living in an apartment on my own in the city and working in a really cool/social/hip advertising job I want to lose those 20 pounds that make me feel so yuck/ugly/fat.

I workout an hour a day everyday no matter what so that is not my problem. My problem is eating. I may be the only person that gains weight from fruits and vegetables because I tell myself that they are good for you so I go overboard on those portions (my hands turned orange from too many carrots).

My main goal is no more binges!!! Where I am healthy for 2 weeks and then in 1 day eat till I have a stomach ache and can't move.

20 pounds here I come (or here they go!)
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #18  

wow, good luck on the binges!
just be glad that u don't have binges on other stuff, like cookies or cheese.
believe me, it makes a difference!!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:36 AM   #19  

what happened to everyone! they all seemed so excited..
Old 09-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #20  

I think everyone talks consistently in the weekly thread. It's like one big convo so you may want to just join there (not that u really have to "join" just start talking) PS first year of work is like the first year of college... first year 15 i swear! so far 10 but the next 5 are coming (my jeans didn't fit this morning!)
Old 09-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #21  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I weigh in on Mondays usually, in the morning before my workout. What days work for everyone else?

I think, for a formal-ish group, we should have a weekly weigh-in (whichever day), and a challenge-type thing, like in the main challenges, you know - X number of minutes of cardio or X pounds or X ounces of water per day, whichever goals.

I have 53 lbs to lose. My goal is to have it all off by the end of this school year. I'm doing Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" videos - this week, because I'm just starting, I'm doing the 1-mile walk every morning. Next week, I'll alternate the 1 and 2-mile walks. I'm looking into starting Pilates or something again, because I really liked my Pilates DVD workout that I used to do.

I gained the weight after I went to college. I was sleeping all the time, staying up half the night, and not getting any physical movement at all. Combine that with the normal Freshman 15, and the Freshman 15 became the Freshman 60.

So that's my story. Whee!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:05 AM   #22  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Maybe I'm a little old for the thread (in my mind I'm always 20, though ), but in any case, going back to college, I wish to say good luck to you all for the upcoming school year (and after, of course).
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #23  

Well,I think I lost 2 more kg. Like 5 pounds.
But it's because I hardly eat at all.. And I almost never exercise.

What pilates dvd do you use??
Old 09-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #24  

LUCKY!!! I'm still gaining weight. Since Monday I have been super duper healthy, but the Jewish new year is this weekend which means a feast for Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and Saturday dinner What do I do??? I LOVE all of the food that we are having, especially Friday night because it is at my mom's house and she is having everything I love (all of my favorite appetizers/side dishes/desserts). But I know if I eat all of that then next Monday I am going to be once again miserable. I can't afford to gain any more weight because my jeans do not fit!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

I'm 23 and am in college!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:54 AM   #26  
Resident Witchling

Cookiemonster, I know the High Holy Days are coming up, since my housemate is Jewish. But you can still have the foods you love - just take tiny portions of each. Like, just a few bites or maybe a bit more, depending on how many foods you want to try to cram in. And when you have those few bites, be mindful of them. Savor them, don't just scarf them down.

Neverland, I use Denise Austin's pilates DVD sometimes. It's a pretty good one.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:01 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm around and still excited... I'm just a little busy... Right now, this is my favorite way to procrastinate!

I'm looking in the long term to lose about 40-60 pounds. My goal is 50 pounds, but I'll see where it all takes me and where my health is. The goal is to be a Size 6-8 in American Sizes... Just kind of a "healthy" looking medium... I don't know, I'll see how it looks with my body...

I've been trying to get in work outs, its been tough... I plan on just doing cardio and adding in some videos, right now I'm getting ready for midterms which are no fun and I'm trying not to stress out... While I sit here on the boards when I have a project due at 8:00am!

TIME MANAGEMENT I SWEAR I NEED THAT!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #28  
Starting over.... (again)

S/C/G: 247/239.5/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone I would love to join your group! I'm 20 yrs old and just began my 3rd year of college but "technically" still a sophomore b/c im missing a few credits. damn those non credited math courses! lol.

I would love to get down to 150-160ish that seems like some distant dream, something I will never reach but I'm really trying. I have been exercising at least 3 days a week every week since May, so my routine is pretty much set. I have tried sooo many diets (south beach, weight watchers, fat smash diet, 60 day body makedover) and usually I lose the weight but then gain back everything and more..

So now I'm basically just watching what I'm eating. I might go back on weight watchers because with that I dont feel as limited to my food choices.. but we shall see

Well, talk to you all laters..I have some drawing homework to do. Have a great day everyone
PinkBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 262/244/160

Height: 5'4"

hey guys. i've been talking on a different thread, but i thought maybe i could join yours too for added support. i've been dieting for about a month and i haven't lost too much. i've been exercising regularly and counting calories, so it's a bit frustrating not seeing any results. i just graduated from college a few months ago so i'm trying to take advantage of all this free time before i start work full time. i am going to try and set a goal of getting down to 252 by Sunday. I don't know what I can do differently to get there though .

Nikaia- are you going to UCSC?
ayla84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #30  
Resident Witchling

Why yes, I am. Are you in the area, then?