Newbie!!!

• Greetings!

I recently turned 25 and I still cannot believe that I am now in my mid-20s! I am in my third and final year of law school. No kids, and I am single. Now that the basics are out of the way...

I have dieted since the age of 11. Since 17 my weight has fluctuated A LOT. I have weighed as much as 175lbs, and as low as 134lbs. I used to run a lot and have started running again (well, since Monday). Currently I am 158lbs. My size 10 clothing is fitting a little snug and I refuse to buy new clothes...I NEED to get back into my size 8 and 6 clothing!

My goal is to lose weight and - I know that everyone says this - develop a lifestyle change. In the past, what worked for me is sticking to a plan and writing down everything that I eat. If left to just "eat sensibly" or whatever, I overeat, get off track, and the next thing I know I gain 15 pounds!

I once read about a woman that ate the exact same thing everyday. Well, I almost want to do something similar because I want to be healthy in the future, as I am at risk for diabetes and high blood pressure. Also, in my field image is very important. Quite honestly, firms look down on overweight people. I need to look sharp, sleek, and healthy when in a suit while meeting with a client.

I started all over again on Monday 8/28/2006. Soooo...I have started tracking my caloric intake and exercise on a spreadsheet. My goal is to eat 1200 calories per day and walk/run 4 days per week. My goal is to be able to run 4-5 miles again.

Wish me luck!

SW: 161 (8/28/2006)
    CW: 158
    GW: 135
  • Good Luck
    Whit Whit

I am new to this site as well. I just joined Last Friday. I wish you much success. You can do it. I see you are off to a greay start with the journal.
  • Hi! Would you like a buddy? We have a few similarities. I am 25, no kids, married, in nursing school. I'm 5'9", 179lbs and would like to be btw 140-150lbs. My size 10s are quite snug and I would like to get down to a size 8 (maybe 6). I exercise using workout DVDs and jog in the mornings with my dog. I just have to get my eating under control! Anyway, welcome to the forum!
  • Welcome to the board whit and dymplez!