Old 08-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #1  
I want a six pack

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation **help**my Office Is Beginning To Smell

Okay, I need you'alls help.....our office where we put our new treadmill is starting to smell like a year old gym bag!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE MY OFFICE SMELL PRETTY AGAIN - and keep it that why with the treadmill being in there?

thank
CrissyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Maybe you could get one of those air freshener things that released every half an hour...or keep a window fan pointing out...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #3  
I want a six pack

Yeah, I've already planned on investing in those time release things....I'm actually concerned now that the smell is coming from the treadmill itself (the moving thingy)....I think I need to find some good discenfectant stuff that will not harm the material....and teach my hubby how wipe down the machine after he uses it....so gross.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #4  

I'd try to Febreeze it.... I find that stuff works wonders for me - I have problems with my closet because we keep the laundry basket in there, and my husband's socks STINK! The Febreeze really keeps it under control; I usually spray it about once a week.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #5  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

There is also a spray called "smells be gone." It comes in a white bottle. It gets out smells really well without leaving a scent behind(like Febreeze.) Also you could buy one of those little odor absorbers. Its usually a small mesh-like bag full of grayish bits of charcol. I had a freezer one time I could not get a bad smell of until I emptied it and used the odor absorber for like a week... bingo! No smell
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #6  

Febreeze has a thing called "Scent Stories". You put a scent disk into the machine, and it emits a smell... but the goodthing is that each scent disk has a "theme" like say garden smells... so there are 3 different smells just to mix things up.

Hah i didn't do a good describing it... so here's the link..

http://www.homemadesimple.com/en_US/...ent_stories.do
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:24 PM   #7  
I want a six pack

Well I'm happy to say that after all your wonderful suggestions I went and bought the following - and guess what the office smells like a spa!!!

charcoal bag - check! under the treadmill.
frebreeze - check! I needed another bottle anyway.
scent stores - check, sorta! I went and got one of those AirWick scent refresh things, sprays ever 36 minutes. Not the prettiest thing ever but it works!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGESTIONS!