Old 08-12-2006, 01:15 AM   #16  

Kate, if that's your pic, you are GORGEOUS! Please don't listen to them. I'm sorry that happened.
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #17  

I am a cycle commuter and this stuff happens to me all the time. It's best to just brush it off. I find sometimes flipping the bird can help you feel better.
Gawdess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #18  

Height: 5'3

Hun..You need to ignore them! Ugh! That is so horrible. I am glad that even the young Airmen at our base are better behaved than that..I've never had a problem with any of the young Airmen..but I think Marines are very different than our Airmen...(not that that is a bad thing..I love Marines..and have met some awesome ones..my husband's cousin is a retired Marine) Those BOYS that moo'd at you are just very inmature and a disgrace to the uniform of our brave soldiers.

Last edited by gremlina; 08-12-2006 at 09:46 AM.
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #19  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

So sorry to hear that happened to you! Some people are jerks and have no respect for other people or their feelings. Don't let it get you down. Hey, maybe it wasn't even at you.. maybe there was someone else they did it to?!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #20  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Don't let it bother you. You are gorgeous!! Remember the world is full of a$$holes, sometimes its just our luck to encounter them.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #21  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

They're immature and I agree with Gremlina that they are a disgrace to our armed services!! You, on the other hand, are gorgeous!! I remember seeing a bigger photo of you on another post, and I thought that you already looked great and didn't look like you needed to lose weight.

Don't let them get you down. If you got to know those boys, you probably wouldn't be very impressed with their emotional or mental capacities anyway.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #22  
Bikini Season :)

thanks guys -the support means a lot.
whats shocking to me is other people have experienced it too!???

where are people's MANNERS???
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Hey Kate,

Im from NYC and manners can definitley be lacking here and Ill tell you something that you may find surprising.

Id honestly rather be mooed at(and I have been) than hit on in the really gross way that men can hit on you.

Just thank god that they exposed themselves as the pigs that they are and you will never have to go through the indignities of dating these idiots. The next time they Moo, just oink.

PS. You're gorgeous. Not in the lease bovine like, but Im pretty sure Marines roll in the mud as part of training. something to think about.
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:57 AM   #24  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey sweetie! ITA with the other posters: you are STUNNING and those guys are JERKS! I wish I had some cousins stationed at Pembleton right now cause I would tell them to track these guys down and give them a pounding!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:43 AM   #25  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i hear ya. last time i rode a push bike in public some pencil thin teenage girls muttered "fat ***" and giggled in unison as i rode past them. it was the last time i rode a bike.

as hard as it is you can only ignore it. however, having said that, many comments directed in a derogitory way to me about my weight still haunt me - i think they always will.

Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:56 AM   #26  

Nope they were just in a bad "moo'd"......Don't take it personal and switch it, your gorgeous, walk on and be strong!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:43 AM   #27  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

I agree with everybody else. Pvt No Class. I'd much rather be big and a good person than a major a**hole. Don't listen to those jerks. I can't believe people can be so rude. You're beautiful and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you're currently improving yourself by making yourself a healthier you. The only opinions that matter are the ones with your best interest in mind. All the others, ignore 'em. They aren't worth the trouble.

Or better yet, do like Bobby Boucher does on the Waterboy and use it as 'tackling fuel'.

Last edited by inklestinkle; 08-14-2006 at 09:03 AM.
inklestinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #28  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by inklestinkle View Post
The only opinions that matters are the ones with your best interest in mind.
Wow, nicely put. I need to remember this, as it is applicable to many areas of my life right now.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #29  

I had that happen to me last year. I was at an Air Force gym (we are Army living near an AF base) and the gym was really busy, I had a great work out and was walking down the hall to leave and this guy who I had seen in the cardio room (where I had been working my butt off, btw!) moo-ed at me as I left. I did the same thing where I was like, "whoa - did that guy just MOO at me?????" I was in total shock. I got in my car and thought about crying, but the moment passed and then I was just angry and felt a little bad for the guy - I mean - how ignorant is he??? How many good women does he pass over because they are "too thick"? And I am a firm believer in Karma - what goes around, comes around!!
You are beautiful Kate, and in a few months those stupid Marines will be whistleing out the window at you... and then if you want you can tell them right where to go!! Just don't let them stop you!!
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #30  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Wow, THEY have some serious issues.

You, however my dear, are totally a beaut and I really don't know how anyone could do that................
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote