Old 08-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #1  
Br00ke

S/C/G: 212/209/145

Height: 5'3

Smile New here

Hi all! I'm Brooke, from Ohio. I'm 22 years old, but I'll be 23 next Friday (Aug 11th). I've read this site off and on for quite some time, but I'm finally ready to begin my weightloss journey (for ME). I'm a single mom to a little girl, Keira, who just turned 4. I'm a full-time college student getting my bachelor's in criminal justice (I already have an associate's).

I've been a bit overweight for about ten years now. When my parents got divorced, I began eating food for comfort/enjoyment rather than just being hungry. I hovered in the 140s in high school (I'm 5'3). I got pregnant about 5 1/2 months after graduation and gained 16 pounds. (I lost 14 my first few months, then gained that back plus the 16). I lost it all after I had her, and was in my normal 140s range. It stayed that way for about 2 years. Around age 21, I gained about 20 pouns and was in the 160s range. Then, in the past year, I've gained over 40 pounds. Mainly from constantly eating, being depressed over being single, and being sedentary.

So, once again, I'm starting a weight loss journey. Hopefully this is my last "start". My plan is to cut out unnecessary things (stop drinking so much soda); exercise (I have some workout DVDs and I also have a treadmill); eat more fruits and veggies; control my portion sizes; drink more water. That's all I've thought of so far, but it's a start! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on here.
mama730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hey Brooke - Welcome, I think you will really love it here. These girls are a great group and there is always someone here when you need them...with the perfect answer to what ails ya!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #3  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hi brooke and

sounds like you have been super busy over the past few years and i am glad you are going to start focussing on what you need.

you have a great plan by the sound of it. be sure to join in on our fitness challenge. i found it a great motivator to get off my butt and exercise when i first started this journey (for the umpteenth time )

be sure to join us on the weekly chat - the ladies are always up for giving advice on any topic. its a great community.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:35 AM   #4  
Melting Butter

healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

You're off to a great start!
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #6  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello and welcome! You will really love the support here. I feel like I say this over and over to people but wait and see everyone is so going to cheer you on to your goal! Looks like you have already shed some weight. Congrats
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Welcome Brooke!! You'll find some great support & advice here!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote